oneBoro Forum

Derby County.

On 1/23/2022 at 11:24 AM, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Apologies for my hostility earlier, you seem like a cool guy.

I still want your club liquidated though. It's okay, you could become a Boro fan 😃

Thanks Denzel. Pre Corona I'd fly back half a dozen times a season for games. One so far this season (Red Dogs at PP). Back this Saturday for the Blues game and to visit family. As the Ajax stadium is just 20Km from my home, if there is to be any  allegiance shift, it would be to them rather than the Boro but thanks for the offer 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the millionaires have called a draw in the biggest *** competition and we could get on with the football Enjoyed the day, observations, comforting to see the same fake stone island stall in De

my reply    

Absolute scenes when this year's accounts are published and we were set to fail FFP by 3m until Mr Morris stepped in. Think that would turn the entirety of Derbyshire into the world's largest sal

Posted Images

The media are part of the problem for this. Gary Neville spoke about ‘the spirit of football’ and ‘the football family’. He has completely belittled Boro’s grievance. 

Now you have Derby fans, who are already in an emotional place (understandably so) aiming that towards Boro fans and Gibson. They should have come out and actually looked at what Gibson said and reiterated that it’s to do with Mel Morris and the series of events. 

Now it’s turning toxic into a club v club issue. The problem is that the normal fan probably doesn’t look at the actual details to get an un emotional  attachment to it. Either way, if you’re a derby fan, Gibson and Boro are easier to blame than looking at your own house. 

Added to this, people love an excuse to fight and scrap and it will no doubt turn horrible and nasty. Derby will feel they’ve got nothing to lose and we will want to support and stand by the club. 

The situation is getting out of hand over social media and it probably needs both managers to come out and talk about the situation for it to then go into the media spotlight to iron it out before the game. The last thing we want is a bad name for the club off the pitch or even worse, for someone to get seriously injured from this.

34 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Thanks Denzel. Pre Corona I'd fly back half a dozen times a season for games. One so far this season (Red Dogs at PP). Back this Saturday for the Blues game and to visit family. As the Ajax stadium is just 20Km from my home, if there is to be any  allegiance shift, it would be to them rather than the Boro but thanks for the offer 😉

you glory hunter!

if the JC Arena is 20km from you, then other clubs aren't that far off.

PSV was my closest stadium (less than 1km), now, it's technically Utrecht, as I moved to Breukelen

34 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

The media are part of the problem for this. Gary Neville spoke about ‘the spirit of football’ and ‘the football family’. He has completely belittled Boro’s grievance. 

Now you have Derby fans, who are already in an emotional place (understandably so) aiming that towards Boro fans and Gibson. They should have come out and actually looked at what Gibson said and reiterated that it’s to do with Mel Morris and the series of events. 

Now it’s turning toxic into a club v club issue. The problem is that the normal fan probably doesn’t look at the actual details to get an un emotional  attachment to it. Either way, if you’re a derby fan, Gibson and Boro are easier to blame than looking at your own house. 

Added to this, people love an excuse to fight and scrap and it will no doubt turn horrible and nasty. Derby will feel they’ve got nothing to lose and we will want to support and stand by the club. 

The situation is getting out of hand over social media and it probably needs both managers to come out and talk about the situation for it to then go into the media spotlight to iron it out before the game. The last thing we want is a bad name for the club off the pitch or even worse, for someone to get seriously injured from this.

tbf Gary didn't belittle the claim, he said if football is a family then the clubs would drop it, even if the claims are legitamite. He also then pointed the finger back at Mel and the administrators. It was clear he was generalising and didn't have the full facts, but he was basing his responce on what happened to Bury. However, that was a much milder screw up than Derby, so not a like for like comparison

27 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Gary Neville spoke about ‘the spirit of football’ and ‘the football family’. He has completely belittled Boro’s grievance. 

I think Gary Neville's statement was really good. I thought he spoke with balance and ultimately aimed the questions at the right people, really.

It's the view of football in this country and how we manage that situation. He said clubs should be like listed buildings and in one respect I agree as the culture and history of football is huge in this country. But also, you can't afford the government to look out for them when they're also ran by massive risk-taking owners. Which is why we have a Fit & Proper test and FFP and all those things, to try and protect the clubs from the people who run them. But whilst those things only provide an obstacle that these bell ends can overcome, you aren't really protecting anything.

And whilst football clubs are like other businesses, that legitimises our claim because Derby have been run like a regular business, not like a club that cares about staying alive. And when the crap hits the fan, they want all the protection in the world, they want MPs to stand up for them, they want local media to challenge us because we're being ***, they only want to pay 25% of their deferred bloody tax. Whilst that's the situation, we should treat them like a regular business. If they want to be treat as part of the football family, they should have acted like a part of it to begin with.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Has the potential to get really nasty this one, on and off the pitch 

I’m surprised that they still allowed tickets to be sold without announcing some form of checks for this match. It’s not like it wasn’t going to be popular....

Yeah I didn't think Gary went after Boro at all. Deluded sheep botherers heard one soundbite in isolation and decided that he did for some reason. 

He was more asking how as a football community have we got into this situation... How has someone like Morris been allowed to do this. And how can we stop it happening again? 

• Like 2

I hope there are plenty of stewards in the West Stand Upper when we play Derby. At this rate, someone's going to lob their ciabatta at a Derby fan sitting in front of them, and Claret may actually be spilt (when a carafe gets knocked over).

4 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Surely Gibson won't be at the ground for the Derby game?! I dont know how many games he attends now, but I would guess the police would advise against him being present.

He'll probably be sat in the middle of the Red Faction for protection wearing a "Where's Mel?" T shirt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just do id checks on all West Stand turn styles, if your id comes from the East Midlands then you are taken to the Madren suite and made to do a Boro test to check your genuine. If you fail no admittance. As stewards used to checking covid id’s this should be easy. 😀

• Haha 1

Just heard that the EFL is withholding TV monies from DCFC until we come out of Admin. Is it paranoia or are they doing their best to make life difficult? We have to have sorted the non-footballing debts before we are allowed out of Administration. The EFL is keeping money that could be used to pay off the debts until we've paid off the debts.....  

8 minutes ago, Naisby said:

Just do id checks on all West Stand turn styles, if your id comes from the East Midlands then you are taken to the Madren suite and made to do a Boro test to check your genuine. If you fail no admittance. As stewards used to checking covid id’s this should be easy. 😀

Awful that it's proving necessary but fair play to the club for nipping it in the bud. I fully understand that we all love our clubs and being this close to losing mine, not for the first time in my lifetime (when Stuart Webb got a deal over the line with 10 minutes to spare) makes you realise quite how much of yourself is invested in the club you love., however, visiting fans trying to get into the home end to get close to the owner...... doesn't bear thinking about.

• Like 1