oneBoro Forum

Derby County.

5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

They got no money for Jagielka, £30,000 for Shinnie, and I'm assuming Williams will be an almost token fee too.

Surely that's not enough to keep them going.

It's a joke that they're allowed to keep taking loans when they have assets to sell.

Lawrence to Bournemouth will get them hundreds of thousands at least.

Unless I've missed something more official, I suspect Lawrence will go for at least a million or two. This extension means they can probably handle the transfer window more seriously rather than being entirely taken advantage of, in my eyes. Instead of going bust the day after it closes, they'll have a month to adjust to anything that doesn't come off.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the millionaires have called a draw in the biggest *** competition and we could get on with the football Enjoyed the day, observations, comforting to see the same fake stone island stall in De

my reply    

Absolute scenes when this year's accounts are published and we were set to fail FFP by 3m until Mr Morris stepped in. Think that would turn the entirety of Derbyshire into the world's largest sal

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

an Investment group that Derby are borrowing money off even now to keep going.

It's Michael Dell, the guy behind...well...Dell.

I though Mel Morris had borrowed off them a while ago and that was the debt. If so, they will have guarantees in place and Morris will be on hook for that money - which  is what I think Gibson was alluding to in his earlier statement. 
Are MSD still lending more  money now? - I can’t see how that would work as the administrators wouldn’t guarantee repayment and there’s no real assets to borrow against ( except players?).

1 minute ago, ScarBoro said:

I though Mel Morris had borrowed off them a while ago and that was the debt. If so, they will have guarantees in place and Morris will be on hook for that money - which  is what I think Gibson was alluding to in his earlier statement. 
Are MSD still lending more  money now? - I can’t see how that would work as the administrators wouldn’t guarantee repayment and there’s no real assets to borrow against ( except players?).

Yes, I believe MSD have lent another 5m

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Yes, I believe MSD have lent another 5m

I suppose it’s possible Morris has guaranteed it - but if so, it’s surprising he hasn’t said, if only to counter the bad publicity he’s getting.

the guy who tweeted above also went on to say:-

@MrRBourne

Look, if Morris taking another £20m hit helps save the club, then great. If the stadium/paying off MSD is the real stumbling block, then perhaps a bidder should come out and say so.

But it looks to me more like a blood price from an ongoing vendetta. And relying on Morris backing down in his feud with Gibson to the tune of tens of millions seems to me a very high risk gamble with the club’s future.

It been supposed that Gibson is trying to get £millions compensation - but I wonder if he is more interested in ensuring that Morris remains on hook for his debt and has to pay MSD personally through the guarantee, rather than a deal with a buyer that lets Morris off hook. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The administrators seem to be finding any excuse to turn down bids to take over the club. There was someone from an interested group on talk sport a couple of months back and saying he’s bid got knocked back because he wouldn’t complete the deal with in 7 days. Then another group is reported to have been turned away because they want to complete a deal to quickly for the administrators

36 minutes ago, ABH said:

The administrators seem to be finding any excuse to turn down bids to take over the club. There was someone from an interested group on talk sport a couple of months back and saying he’s bid got knocked back because he wouldn’t complete the deal with in 7 days. Then another group is reported to have been turned away because they want to complete a deal to quickly for the administrators

The administrators have a legal duty to try to keep the company afloat. They should deal independently and treat all bidders alike. Of course, that sometimes doesn’t happen, though very difficult to prove. So easy to say bidder A didn’t provide necessary information, or bidder B didn’t fill in required forms correctly etc. You need to be sure you have a bidder C, though, or you run the risk that no one buys the company and then big questions are asked about the process.

What you’ve said makes me think there is a bidder C in the wings just waiting for the price to come down. It’s the type of thing Ashley is famous for, for example. If that’s case though, why are the administrators so keen on bidder C - they should be encouraging a competitive bid situation to get most back for creditors.

Makes you wonder who is pulling strings behind the scenes - I'm pretty sure Gibson is digging his heels in because he’s not happy with process. He said he had tried to discuss Boro claim with administrators but they wouldn’t talk to him

• Like 3
1 minute ago, ScarBoro said:

The administrators have a legal duty to try to keep the company afloat. They should deal independently and treat all bidders alike. Of course, that sometimes doesn’t happen, though very difficult to prove. So easy to say bidder A didn’t provide necessary information, or bidder B didn’t fill in required forms correctly etc. You need to be sure you have a bidder C, though, or you run the risk that no one buys the company and then big questions are asked about the process.

What you’ve said makes me think there is a bidder C in the wings just waiting for the price to come down. It’s the type of thing Ashley is famous for, for example. If that’s case though, why are the administrators so keen on bidder C - they should be encouraging a competitive bid situation to get most back for creditors.

Makes you wonder who is pulling strings behind the scenes - I'm pretty sure Gibson is digging his heels in because he’s not happy with process. He said he had tried to discuss 

The current conspiracy is that Mel Morris still has too much influence behind the scenes and that's what's causing a lot of these problems.

There's a big meeting tomorrow with everyone, including Mel, so we should learn more details then.

4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

The current conspiracy is that Mel Morris still has too much influence behind the scenes and that's what's causing a lot of these problems.

There's a big meeting tomorrow with everyone, including Mel, so we should learn more details then.

Well it was him that appointed administrators, wasn’t it.  He also has a huge financial interest in it all, being on the hook for the loan and having the ground. That will certainly fuel any conspiracy theorists, irrespective of how near or far off the mark it is.

I wouldn’t hold my breath to think we will learn too much tomorrow though - with an extra month being granted by the EFL. It’s a bit like a normal transfer deadline day - extending a deadline simply pushes all the negotiations back.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, ScarBoro said:

I suppose it’s possible Morris has guaranteed it - but if so, it’s surprising he hasn’t said, if only to counter the bad publicity he’s getting.

the guy who tweeted above also went on to say:-

@MrRBourne

Look, if Morris taking another £20m hit helps save the club, then great. If the stadium/paying off MSD is the real stumbling block, then perhaps a bidder should come out and say so.

But it looks to me more like a blood price from an ongoing vendetta. And relying on Morris backing down in his feud with Gibson to the tune of tens of millions seems to me a very high risk gamble with the club’s future.

It been supposed that Gibson is trying to get £millions compensation - but I wonder if he is more interested in ensuring that Morris remains on hook for his debt and has to pay MSD personally through the guarantee, rather than a deal with a buyer that lets Morris off hook. 

This has been my thought for a while. I dont think its really about money for him. Otherwise he'd likely have settled this before it got this far. I think its about holding an owner to account for this debt, esp the unpaid taxes that affects everyone. Its an expensive gamble to make a point but I if thats his goal i actually support it. 

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

Well it was him that appointed administrators, wasn’t it.  He also has a huge financial interest in it all, being on the hook for the loan and having the ground. That will certainly fuel any conspiracy theorists, irrespective of how near or far off the mark it is.

I wouldn’t hold my breath to think we will learn too much tomorrow though - with an extra month being granted by the EFL. It’s a bit like a normal transfer deadline day - extending a deadline simply pushes all the negotiations back.

An MP put out a statement that said they learned a lot in a meeting today, but they can't say anything till after the big meeting tomorrow, so I think something big will come up

20 minutes ago, Brunners said:

An MP put out a statement that said they learned a lot in a meeting today, but they can't say anything till after the big meeting tomorrow, so I think something big will come up

Hopefully SG has negotiated up to £50m and took advantage of the time sensitive demands lol

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Just liquidate them already, they're fully taking the ***.

I don't recall Bury or Bolton getting this special treatment.

Given your stance on this matter I assume you have your SG mask for 12th Feb?

23 hours ago, Brunners said:

Mel Morris haircut? He doesn't have that much to cut, does he? 😂

If he had an ounce of decency in him, he'd sort out the mess he created. I won't hold my breath though.

• Like 1