oneBoro Forum

Derby County.

1 hour ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I'm not sure that MM's offer has any legs which would be typical of him. If the claim is against the Football Club going to court against an individual doesn't seem to stack up but I guess Morris knew that.

If MM really wants to put his money where his mouth is all he has to do is to say that he will personally underwrite any MFC/WW claims against DCFC and the supposed problem of the outstanding claims immediately goes away. I wonder why he didn't choose this option?

That’s what I suggested yesterday. I suspect Gibson will not be slow to suggest that and call his bluff. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the millionaires have called a draw in the biggest *** competition and we could get on with the football Enjoyed the day, observations, comforting to see the same fake stone island stall in De

my reply    

Absolute scenes when this year's accounts are published and we were set to fail FFP by 3m until Mr Morris stepped in. Think that would turn the entirety of Derbyshire into the world's largest sal

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I'm not sure that MM's offer has any legs which would be typical of him. If the claim is against the Football Club going to court against an individual doesn't seem to stack up but I guess Morris knew that.

If MM really wants to put his money where his mouth is all he has to do is to say that he will personally underwrite any MFC/WW claims against DCFC and the supposed problem of the outstanding claims immediately goes away. I wonder why he didn't choose this option?

That statement was definitely just PR on his part. In a away he had nothing to loose by putting it out there. It gave the illusion he's extending a real olive branch to personally take responsibility. 

However as many have noted this is a "wide open free kick" for Gibson. A quick statement outlining the points in the tweet mentioned above puts pressure back on Morris.

Mike Ashleigh has decided against trying to buy Derby according to the Daily Mail. It may be true but it also feels like a Mile Ashleigh move. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him return a little bit down the line.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Mike Ashleigh has decided against trying to buy Derby according to the Daily Mail. It may be true but it also feels like a Mile Ashleigh move. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him return a little bit down the line.

Typical MA power move. He wants to buy the stadium at the cheapest price he possibly can. He'll come back in at the 11th hour, save Derby County but they'll start next season with -15 in League One.

The different needs of proof and laws when the defendant is a person rather than an institution or company may be why he is trying to go down this line.

plus the Americans don’t want to buy the stadium nearly rent it so MM going to be left holding the stadium and still financing the debt he secured on it personally to Dell.

MM wants his cronies to get the club debt free so they will complete the deal they appear to have made which is they get a club with debts wiped almost to zero and he gets the price he wants on the stadium.

At the moment that Consortium doesn’t have the funds and has bid less than the Americans. Btw did you know when appointing Q as administrators he got a member of that Consortium embedded within Q so they can see and advise on things. That info came from a Derby fan site so could be wrong but I’ve not seen any corrections when it’s brought up.

• Like 3

I've read that Steve Gibson should be advised not to attend the game, and some Boro fans supporting that, I think we as Boro fans should protect Mr Gibson and make him feel most welcome in his own home

• Like 1
6 hours ago, chimpy07 said:

I've read that Steve Gibson should be advised not to attend the game, and some Boro fans supporting that, I think we as Boro fans should protect Mr Gibson and make him feel most welcome in his own home

Of course he should come. That's not up to debate. 

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Stamina, my young padowan.

Yeah but Yoda also says "train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose", so I'm gonna go spray buckets instead thanks.

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Borodane said:
13 hours ago, chimpy07 said:

Of course he should come. That's not up to debate. 

He should go with a wad of notes, and wave them in the direction of the Derby fans 💷

Brian Christopher Money GIF by BCSlots.com

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, Naisby said:

It’s in poor taste but imagine this playing as Gibson and the Derby directors take their seats. 

Wind the Derby fans up and blast the Imperial March from star wars.

Also advocating for a good round of 'another one butes the dust' when the Derby 11 come out the tunnel at the start.