oneBoro Forum

Derby County.

Statement: Agreement Reached With Derby County

The club can confirm that an agreement has been reached regarding the claim against Derby County, subject to legal documentation being completed.

Derby County have issued the following statement...

As a direct result of private conversations between Mel Morris and Steve Gibson both parties are pleased to announce that they have reached an accord on a resolution of the claims by Middlesbrough Football Club against Derby County Football Club, and others.

The basis of that accord will remain private but details have been shared with Quantuma the Administrators for Derby County who will urgently prepare the legal documentation to ratify the accord.

Gibson and Morris were keen to develop an accord ahead of the Boro vs DCFC fixture to be played at the Riverside stadium tomorrow. The claim has clearly been the source of much concern to both sets of fans, and especially those of DCFC. The fact that a resolution has been discussed and agreed should be comforting to both sets of supporters.

Details of the accord shall remain private. However, it is important for all interested parties, including potential bidders, to be confident that the Boro claim will not be an impediment to DCFC progressing its plans for a sale of the club.

Carl Jackson, partner on behalf of Quantuma, administrators of Derby County, said: “We are pleased to see that an acceptable resolution has been identified which allows us to push forward with our plans for the sale of the club."

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/statement-agreement-reached-with-derby-county

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the millionaires have called a draw in the biggest *** competition and we could get on with the football Enjoyed the day, observations, comforting to see the same fake stone island stall in De

my reply    

Absolute scenes when this year's accounts are published and we were set to fail FFP by 3m until Mr Morris stepped in. Think that would turn the entirety of Derbyshire into the world's largest sal

Posted Images

Oh well..  looks like I won't get to see Mel squealing like a pig after all 😞  Glad it is done with and hope Wycombe are given a decent solution too. would still like to see Derby in Division One next season to make it a bit more just, but main thing should be to make sure that fans of any club do not have to go through that sort of pain to satisfy the greed and ambition of one chancer.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Glad it's over, wonder what the agreement is.

Certainly doesn't sound like we've just conceded, but they don't sound too unhappy either.

Gibson agreed to drop his claim for a half-pound bag of pear drops and naming rights to the stadium (he plans to rename it Sheepshagger Park). 😁

On a more serious note I'm relieved its finally over and whatever obstacles remain to Derby resolving their administration issues, at least they can no longer point the finger at Boro.

Well done Mel and Steve! 👏

• Haha 2

I’m not sure much will have changed tbh, Q were always in a position to name a preferred bidder and sell the club Pursuant to the EFL granting the owners a pass on their fit and proper owners tests and agreements on all footballing debts and creditors.

Gibson was always open to delaying settling the dispute till after the sale as long as any successful financial penalty was guaranteed. If I’m honest I expect that the amount being requested as a penalty by Boro has been reduced to a figure that MM will personally either guarantee to pay or a figure that will allow prospective buyers to commit to buying.

• Like 1

I’m not expecting this to have any effect on how Derby fans conduct themselves tomorrow tbh. Gibson could have dropped everything and paid Derby and MM millions and it still won’t change them.

They are a stubborn deluded lot are Derby. The shepherd tells em what to do and where to go and the Derby sheep bleat and follow.

8 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Little bit of me wanted that hostility to hang over the game tomorrow. Would've created quite a unique atmosphere.

Everyone's up for a bit of aggro...until they get punched in the face... 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

if Only this has been April, you could have watched the reaction on the Derby boards all morning, then at around 11:55 an update is released saying “ Ewe’ve Been Had “ Happy April’s Fools Day Steve Gibson 😂

• Haha 3