oneBoro Forum

Derby County.

1 hour ago, MadAmster said:

I've ignored all the reports of a preferred bidder being announced. I received a PM last night saying my mate had been told this by 2 reliable sources. Today we see the local BBC Radio, local paper, Sun and the BBC all saying Kirchner to be announced and that the announcement is "imminent". I hope it's the generally accepted meaning of imminent and not the Quantuma version 😉 If it's not sorted soon and Rooney gets told how much he has to work with AND the EFL tell him what sanctions remain in place with regard to transfer/loan fees, squad size, wage cap etc (as things currently stand he has 3 players for next season...) he will walk at the end of the season and nobody could blame him. The replacement? In all honesty I'm not sure who's take the job on not knowing what they can/can't do. Rooney should be planning buys/loans/pre season right now. He can't.

Can we survive? Not impossible but improbable. Of the games left all are winnable, on paper, with the possible exception of Fulham. We need to win 4 of the other 5 to stay up. Cardiff (H), Blackpool (A) and Bristol (H) look the most winnable. that leaves us one more win to stay up. Fulham (H) doesn't look like a win, Swansea might be but they're on a high following their 4-0 win at Cardiff last weekend, QPR looks the most likely other one.

Of course, having a buyer named this week might give the players a huge boost..... who knows? Not me. Whatever happens I'm flying over for the last 2 games of the season, Blackpool (which coincides with a Soul weekender at the Tower) and Cardiff. Whatever League we are in next season I'll be back over for half a dozen games as always. Once a Ram always a Ram. 

Boro? Can you hold  on to top 6? The games against the top 3 will probably decide that question and you can't afford more results like the Barnsley one.

The Barnsley result was pretty expected. Away at Oakwell you can just pencil in 0 points on there, fingers crossed we don't have any hoodoo teams or grounds left this year.

As far as Derby goes - I still personally hope you go down because I think you deserve to, but I'll give begrudging credit if you do manage to pull off the impossible and stay up.

As you say, you need to win 4 of your last 6. If you put Fulham down as an automatic loss, it's 4 of 5 which is an awful tough ask...

From memory, your away form stinks even worse than ours, doesn't it? That's the biggest question, can you pick up the necessary points on the road? is QPR home or away?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the millionaires have called a draw in the biggest *** competition and we could get on with the football Enjoyed the day, observations, comforting to see the same fake stone island stall in De

my reply    

Absolute scenes when this year's accounts are published and we were set to fail FFP by 3m until Mr Morris stepped in. Think that would turn the entirety of Derbyshire into the world's largest sal

Posted Images

Interesting read:

"Jim White then added a piece of news from one source, stating that it was Derby’s administrators who actually approached Kirchner to thrash out a deal after all.

“Somebody close to the deal is saying to me this morning; ‘My intel is that the administrators have reached out to Kirchner following the statement that the Preston deal was off. The administrators now at Derby are desperate".

• Like 1

Brunners, QPR is away. Yes, our away form is awful, 2 wins from 20 games this season. 

Redcar Rioja, I've heard the same. We'll probably never know how close we are to extinction but it must be very close for the admins to go cap in hand Kirchner. Been there before though in 1984. We were 10 minutes away from liquidation in the High Court when Stuart Webb (managing directory and club sceretary) finally managed to put a deal together to save the club. The "saviour" back then was Maxwell. Little did we know he was robbing the Mirror Pension Fund to pay for Derby and his next yacht, Ghislaine, which he bought off Khashoggi in 1986. Here's hoping Kirchner, if he does buy the club isn't another shyster owner.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Brunners said:

The Barnsley result was pretty expected. Away at Oakwell you can just pencil in 0 points on there, fingers crossed we don't have any hoodoo teams or grounds left this year.

As far as Derby goes - I still personally hope you go down because I think you deserve to, but I'll give begrudging credit if you do manage to pull off the impossible and stay up.

As you say, you need to win 4 of your last 6. If you put Fulham down as an automatic loss, it's 4 of 5 which is an awful tough ask...

From memory, your away form stinks even worse than ours, doesn't it? That's the biggest question, can you pick up the necessary points on the road? is QPR home or away?

Not sure even that will be enough. Reading are six ahead with a game in hand and a kind fixture list, I think Reading survive relatively comfortably from here. 

2 hours ago, Borodane said:

And when you think it couldn’t get any dumber. 
620AB303-ED11-45A2-BD48-9888B9A5178D.jpeg.846a6dec6199ef7d520db380a68f6751.jpeg

So all teams that were not founders are 2nd class clubs that should get less support,rights and protections. It just shows you this Founder member nonsense that is repeatedly sprouted by Derby is at the heart of their supporters delusions. They actually believe that they have a right to additional above and beyond support from everyone.  

It would be like Boro expecting cultural legal protection because they were founded pre 1888 or as the oldest professional league team in the North East we deserve and have a right to expect preferential treatment.

Edited by Naisby
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, Brunners said:

Our away form doesn't stink. 8th best in the Championship. Derby have the worst away record in the Championship. Not comparable at all.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Reading currently winning their game in hand against Stoke 1-0, could be a huge and decisive result if it stays like that.

1-1 with Stoke now

Actually think in some small way that Derby not playing their 40th game tonight will have given them too much time to reflect on this Reading result. Big win at the weekend, then Reading win tonight, arguably all their positivity could have evaporated by training tomorrow from having nothing but this game to think about tonight.

9 points off survival with 18 left to fight for is surely a task too far. Every point Reading get from here, regardless of Derby's results, is another nail in their coffin. Their away form is awful and has been since the turn of the year, not a single away win in 2022 so far. They can barely score away from home, never mind draw or win and all 3 teams they play away are teams that would be sat above them right now regardless of their points deduction.

Can never say never, Reading aren't a good side but they are picking up vital points that keep them above the falling pack and they don't need a lot to ensure they stay up from here. Derby need a miracle.

• Like 1