• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the millionaires have called a draw in the biggest *** competition and we could get on with the football Enjoyed the day, observations, comforting to see the same fake stone island stall in De

my reply    

Absolute scenes when this year's accounts are published and we were set to fail FFP by 3m until Mr Morris stepped in. Think that would turn the entirety of Derbyshire into the world's largest sal

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Sadly Reading deserve to go down too, them escaping is just as much of an injustice as Derby escaping would be.

Think they'll struggle next season. Probably won't go down but I'd be very surprised if they're challenging around the play offs like they often are.

A lot of players out of contract, so assuming they don't sign on for lower salaries, they'll be competing for the same freebies as everyone else while under financial restrictions. I'm not convinced Ince is that great a manager either. 

22 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Sadly Reading deserve to go down too, them escaping is just as much of an injustice as Derby escaping would be.

Possibly, but I'm not so sure, Reading took their punishment with minimal complaints.

They cheated and were deducted points for it, that was the end of the matter.

Derby and Mel Morris fought any and all attempts to punish them tooth and nail for years.

There's not the injustice of Reading having stayed up at the expense of a Rotherham/Wycombe whilst deliberately delaying the proceedings.

I'd sooner Reading were going down than Barnsley, but I've got nowhere near the same anger towards them.

It's the circumstances of Derby staying up last season and the way the whole situation carried on in the press that has made me desperate for them to be relegated this year.

• Like 4

Reading's win over Stoke has made things even more improbable. Kirchner named as preferred buyer this morning. No mention of the size of the bid or whether it would meet the EFL minimum to avoid a 15 point deduction. I hope it is large enough to avoid the -15 or next season will be another long, long fight against relegation. This time to L2. It is what it is. IMO the only hope is that the current situation plus the naming of a PB will have the same "bounce" effect on the team as new managers often do. In reality, it will be L1 next season, hopefully starting on 0 points. I'm still flying back for the last 2 games of the season. Once a Ram, always a Ram. DTID. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After the comments made previously on social media by Kirchner, regardless of how long ago I cannot see how he can pass the fit and proper test. When players including our own are being punished for remarks made on their social media accounts when they were so young. How can an owner then be appointed to do the same?

3 minutes ago, ballyclover said:

After the comments made previously on social media by Kirchner, regardless of how long ago I cannot see how he can pass the fit and proper test. When players including our own are being punished for remarks made on their social media accounts when they were so young. How can an owner then be appointed to do the same?

This is a fair point, although I have no idea if this would even be considered in the EFL's fit and proper persons test. Important distinction with Kirchner being an adult when he made these comments, compared to someone like Bola who was only just a teenager.

4 minutes ago, Will said:

This is a fair point, although I have no idea if this would even be considered in the EFL's fit and proper persons test. Important distinction with Kirchner being an adult when he made these comments, compared to someone like Bola who was only just a teenager.

I have no doubt the EFL will apply their usual double standards when it comes to owners/buyers & players

6 minutes ago, Will said:

Isn't the fit and proper owners test basically "do you have any convictions for financial crimes?" and "have you put at least 2 clubs into admin previously?" lol

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, MadAmster said:

Reading's win over Stoke has made things even more improbable. Kirchner named as preferred buyer this morning. No mention of the size of the bid or whether it would meet the EFL minimum to avoid a 15 point deduction. I hope it is large enough to avoid the -15 or next season will be another long, long fight against relegation. This time to L2. It is what it is. IMO the only hope is that the current situation plus the naming of a PB will have the same "bounce" effect on the team as new managers often do. In reality, it will be L1 next season, hopefully starting on 0 points. I'm still flying back for the last 2 games of the season. Once a Ram, always a Ram. DTID. 

As you say, it is what it is.

The prospect of relegation is never pleasant, but at least you will still have a club to support. Hopefully, starting next season in League 1 is as bad as it gets and from there its onwards and upwards.

Hopefully Kirchner doesn't turn out to be Mel Morris Mk II (though you have to think Quantuma will be scrutinising all bids extremely carefully).

On a related note, I've seen some speculation that Rooney could end up going to Everton, in the event they get relegated to the Championship. Has there been any chat about that on Rams forums?

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

Isn't the fit and proper owners test basically "do you have any convictions for financial crimes?" and "have you put at least 2 clubs into admin previously?" lol

I would have thought they would only consider a bidder's ability to keep the club on a sound financial footing. Whether or not they've posted questionable things on social media is likely neither here nor there.

If its okay for the Saudi Royal Family to buy Newcastle, I'm sure they'd turn a blind eye to something like that.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ballyclover said:

I guess that players are in some way bound to FA rules whether at youth, amateur or professional level.

This is probably where there ‘authority’ is based which would mean Kirchner’s past would be out of their reach.

Personally I don’t like the witch-hunt that we see today and the lack of forgiveness for things previously done.

• Like 1
On 4/6/2022 at 1:54 PM, AnglianRed said:

As you say, it is what it is.

The prospect of relegation is never pleasant, but at least you will still have a club to support. Hopefully, starting next season in League 1 is as bad as it gets and from there its onwards and upwards.

Hopefully Kirchner doesn't turn out to be Mel Morris Mk II (though you have to think Quantuma will be scrutinising all bids extremely carefully).

On a related note, I've seen some speculation that Rooney could end up going to Everton, in the event they get relegated to the Championship. Has there been any chat about that on Rams forums?

It's a possibility that has been commented on but not much. Now we have a preferred bidder, Rooney thinks he now knows what he has to work with, financially, gets on with Kirchner and is now making plans for recruitment and offering current players he wants to keep extensions. He's intimated many times over the past few weeks that if his preparations for next season are hampered through not knowing what room he has, he would no longer do the job. Looks like he's staying although nothing is certain in football. We're all putting our hopes on Frank keeping Everton up and getting the summer to build "his" side. If, and it's highly unlikely, we win our last 5, then Reading need 7 more points to stay ahead of us. Barnsley would need to win all 5 their last 6 to stay ahead of us. Arithmetically speaking we can still survive but it's no more than that in reality. I'll be at Blackpool for our last away match and will stay in England for the last match of the season at home to Cardiff. Once a Ram, always a Ram.............. innit? 😉  Should have a fun 10 days any road up. 

• Like 2

Wayne Rooney will remain manager, says Kirchener

He's had a very tough start to management, and you can't help but admire how he's came across through the whole saga, I'd actually not mind if he managed to help them bounce back up to the Championship.

You'd likely get a better view of whether he's actually cut out for management if there are no limitations.

He's done well to keep them in touch for a decent period this season, with severe transfer restrictions and a threadbare squad, but they'd still only be 17th and 6 points above the drop, having played a game more in the true table, and they were a minute away from getting relegated without a points deduction last season.

I'd be interested to see what he'd managed with a full strength League One squad.

• Like 1