• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the millionaires have called a draw in the biggest *** competition and we could get on with the football Enjoyed the day, observations, comforting to see the same fake stone island stall in De

my reply    

Absolute scenes when this year's accounts are published and we were set to fail FFP by 3m until Mr Morris stepped in. Think that would turn the entirety of Derbyshire into the world's largest sal

Posted Images

On 4/22/2022 at 8:53 PM, Old Codger said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61190815

Another £8m on the HMRC bill..  Quantuma also charging over £2m for last 6 months..  doesn't seem to be a lot of effort being put into clearing debts. still looks a bit shaky to me.

Quantuma has been running the club since it entered administration September. Best ask them why they don't appear to have made much leeway in the debt department. IMO Morris should step up and clear up the mess HE made but that's not going to happen, just like Ridsdale didn't fork out to reduce the LUFC mess. Just like the previous owners at Leicester didn't. Creditors will end up being shafted, as happens with all companies who enter admin, whatever their business is, be that sport or manufacturing or..... We're hoping that Kirchner offers enough to a) satisfy creditors and b) avoid a further -15 next season. He appears to have offered 35% which is above the EFL minimum requirement to avoid that penalty. Creditors will still be 65% down all the same.

It seems the new Laws Parliament is apparently looking to bring in following the fan-led inquiry could be on the statute books by the end of next season. Tougher rules coming from the EFL too which should ensure that a Morris or Ridsdale can't take a club to the brink again. 

• 3 weeks later...

Oh well. Just back from my 11 day tour of England. We're down, you're stable and Wycombe have made it to Wembley in the playoffs. Still all a bit up in the air but it's looking like I'll have a club to support next season. Hopefully, the new owner, whoever it ends up being doesn't spaff cash we don't have. Get it sorted this week or next and we should be able to retain some players we want to keep. Any longer and we will be looking to replace almost all of the squad..... hey ho, that's the way it goes. I'll be happy consolidating next season. Anything better than that would be a huge bonus. Thanks one and all for the decent reception I've had on here over the past few months, much appreciated.

• Like 4
31 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Oh well. Just back from my 11 day tour of England. We're down, you're stable and Wycombe have made it to Wembley in the playoffs. Still all a bit up in the air but it's looking like I'll have a club to support next season. Hopefully, the new owner, whoever it ends up being doesn't spaff cash we don't have. Get it sorted this week or next and we should be able to retain some players we want to keep. Any longer and we will be looking to replace almost all of the squad..... hey ho, that's the way it goes. I'll be happy consolidating next season. Anything better than that would be a huge bonus. Thanks one and all for the decent reception I've had on here over the past few months, much appreciated.

I hope you stay in League One forever

Dropping through to League Two would also be acceptable.

• Like 1
On 4/25/2022 at 1:24 PM, MadAmster said:

Quantuma has been running the club since it entered administration September. Best ask them why they don't appear to have made much leeway in the debt department. IMO Morris should step up and clear up the mess HE made but that's not going to happen, just like Ridsdale didn't fork out to reduce the LUFC mess. Just like the previous owners at Leicester didn't. Creditors will end up being shafted, as happens with all companies who enter admin, whatever their business is, be that sport or manufacturing or..... We're hoping that Kirchner offers enough to a) satisfy creditors and b) avoid a further -15 next season. He appears to have offered 35% which is above the EFL minimum requirement to avoid that penalty. Creditors will still be 65% down all the same.

It seems the new Laws Parliament is apparently looking to bring in following the fan-led inquiry could be on the statute books by the end of next season. Tougher rules coming from the EFL too which should ensure that a Morris or Ridsdale can't take a club to the brink again. 

they wont be able to pay any debts off because the club hasnt got the money, its completley reliant on the sale, which is clearly the best option for all creditors. 

parimilent just doing what all mp's do, take on current topical issues and act like they looking into/doing something then when its not getting them attention any more they are on the news talking about something else instead

CK starts funding the club from next week.

EFL apparently satisfied, ground seems to be the only contentious issue but all concerned seem to believe it won't be a problem. It's also the issue everybody online seems to be focussing on.

I think it's a shame for the creditors missing out on 65% of what they are owed, however, liquidation would have seen them miss even more so I don't see them being a stumbling block. 

Positives? Contracts exchanged. CK providing funds from next week. No points deductions for failing to pay wages. No -15 points for failing to meet the minimum payment to creditors. WR now knows how much he can spend on keeping/hiring players including how much he can offer in wages. He can plan pre season. Ticket and season ticket prices can be set.

Best news Rams fans have had since the 3-3 draw a year ago.....

The £3M to Boro (or is it directly to SG?) Rumour has it that the spat between the two had its origins away from football......

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

CK starts funding the club from next week.

EFL apparently satisfied, ground seems to be the only contentious issue but all concerned seem to believe it won't be a problem. It's also the issue everybody online seems to be focussing on.

I think it's a shame for the creditors missing out on 65% of what they are owed, however, liquidation would have seen them miss even more so I don't see them being a stumbling block. 

Positives? Contracts exchanged. CK providing funds from next week. No points deductions for failing to pay wages. No -15 points for failing to meet the minimum payment to creditors. WR now knows how much he can spend on keeping/hiring players including how much he can offer in wages. He can plan pre season. Ticket and season ticket prices can be set.

Best news Rams fans have had since the 3-3 draw a year ago.....

The £3M to Boro (or is it directly to SG?) Rumour has it that the spat between the two had its origins away from football......

Not sure it was away from football as such, but I've definitely heard that it was away from matters on the pitch.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Rat catcher said:

Chelsea sorted it out in a fraction of the time. The EFL and Derby are taking the pi$$

more complicated with the ground being not part of the club and the club being in administration so you have more than one person to agree on the sale as all the creditors have to agree on getting shafted up to a point also. so there is lots to negotiate on with many different parties 

Chelsea is more simpler I would argue since the club has effectively been taken from the owner and sold on, so there isn't as much push back or negotiation on the sellers side as they should be, plus the government really wanted to get this pushed through fast so then they wouldn't have it dragging on causing the government more chew if it went to the wire or past the line where the club couldnt operate anymore.

One is down to war sancations and the Derby situation is their own owners fault and will take as long as it takes to complete

Edited by Rob
  • Like 2
On 5/30/2022 at 11:10 PM, Rat catcher said:

Chelsea sorted it out in a fraction of the time. The EFL and Derby are taking the pi$$

Apart from the £1.5Bn owed to Roman, which he has written off, Chelsea are solvent. When we went into Administration in September we were £65M in debt, excluding the £140M which Morris is writing off. I estimate that to be around £80M now. Chelsea own their ground and their training facilities, we don't. To meet the 35p in the pound Kirchner has agreed to pay on the debt plus the 100% on football related debts, the first £40M he puts into the deal will go to creditors. It seems a fan has paid Morris £22M for Pride Park and will lease it to the club until such time as Kirchner decides to buy it. We also lease the training ground. It appears nobody else was prepared to even go as far as putting enough in to meet the 25% minimum to avoid a 15 point penalty next season. This sale is about as complicated as they come. Other clubs in the past have been in admin for longer than Derby. It seems some rats just can't resist putting the boot in. Rat catcher is comparing apples and pears.

• Like 1