oneBoro Forum

Derby County.

If this takeover actually goes ahead, it would be interesting to know much debt DCFC are in. They were heavily indebted before last season ended, and now they owe the admins God knows how much, this guy for the short-term loan just announced, and whatever is required to use Pride Park assuming the new owner isn't planning to sell it for housing.

I drove past Pride Park the other day, and it's in a decent suburban area with good road links - you'd make a fortune out of building housing on that site.

Plus, they still only have five players registered, so there'll be even more debts racked up by bringing in enough players for a matchday squad. And all that in League One. Can't help wondering if this is a stay of execution rather than their salvation.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the millionaires have called a draw in the biggest *** competition and we could get on with the football Enjoyed the day, observations, comforting to see the same fake stone island stall in De

my reply    

Absolute scenes when this year's accounts are published and we were set to fail FFP by 3m until Mr Morris stepped in. Think that would turn the entirety of Derbyshire into the world's largest sal

Posted Images

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2022/06/club-statement-240622

Wayne Rooney has today informed Derby County Football Club that he wishes to be relieved of his duties as first team manager with immediate effect.

Rooney said: “Over the course of the Summer I have been closely following developments regarding the ownership of Derby County.

“Today I met with the administrators to inform them of my decision that it was time for me to leave the club. In fairness to them, they tried tremendously hard to change my decision but my mind was made up.

“My time at the club has been a rollercoaster of emotions, both highs and lows, but I have to say that I have enjoyed the challenge.

“Personally, I feel the club now needs to be led by someone with fresh energy and not affected by the events that have happened over the last eighteen months. I will remember my time at Derby with great pride and affection and would like to thank all my staff, players and of course the fans for their incredible support. I will never forget you and hope to see you all again in the near future and in happier times.

“Finally, I am aware that the club still have interested parties who wish to take over the running of the club. To them I say this, Derby County is a great club with a great history and great fans. I wish you all the best and much success for the future.”

A spokesperson on behalf of the joint administrators of Derby County Football Club (“The Club”) said: “The joint administrators are very disappointed that Wayne has taken the difficult decision to leave the club and we have spent some time today trying to persuade him to stay but understand his reasons for wanting to go. We are extremely grateful to him for his excellent work in the face of challenging on-field circumstances in the 2021/22 season and admire the manner in which he has led the team, the club and the local community through various off-field issues.

“The joint administrators recognise that staff and supporters will be frustrated and equally disappointed by this news, but we all wish him, his wife Coleen and their four boys every success in the future and we are sure they will always be welcomed back.

“All parties recognise the need to conclude a sale of the business and assets of the Club, as a matter of urgency and the joint administrators wish to reconfirm that Wayne’s departure will not affect those ongoing, positive discussions.”

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

I never thought I'd say this, but I've got a lot of respect for Rooney. He did as good job as anyone could have despite diabolical circumstances, and appears to have quit as a matter of principle without airing any dirty laundry in public. He'll be high up the pecking order for subsequent managerial jobs, based on how he's handled this omnishambles.

As for Derby...they really are up the creek without a paddle, aren't they? The new season starts five weeks tomorrow, and they have five players, no manager, no owner, no ground and a f**kload of debt.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

I never thought I'd say this, but I've got a lot of respect for Rooney. He did as good job as anyone could have despite diabolical circumstances, and appears to have quit as a matter of principle without airing any dirty laundry in public. He'll be high up the pecking order for subsequent managerial jobs, based on how he's handled this omnishambles.

As for Derby...they really are up the creek without a paddle, aren't they? The new season starts five weeks tomorrow, and they have five players, no manager, no owner, no ground and a f**kload of debt.

Yeah but for those glorious few months, they had the EFL and Gibson on strings

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

In the BBC's article on this it mentions Rooney's assistant Liam Rosenior will be taking training next week. Had to read it twice when it mentioned the club has FIVE remaining contracted players. 😮 If I were them I probably wouldn't bother turning up.

So basically Quantuma have got just a few weeks to actually get an owner in place, then that owner has to get a manager and staff in, then they both have to work to basically bring in an entire squad in time for the new season...

Dunno about anyone else, but I don't see it happening. Apparently the latest bidder to step up is a local businessman called David Clowes. This late in the day, he must either have a shedload of money to throw at the club, or he's not fully appreciating the magnitude of the task in hand.

Quantuma had most of last season to get this sorted out. I get the feeling they have driven the final nail into the coffin of Derby County, just to try and wring as much money as they could out of their "administration".

Honestly don't blame Rooney for walking after all this messing around. I wouldn't want any part of that circus. He did the best he could for Derby and stayed even when other clubs came knocking.

• Like 2

As soon as the takeover is done there will be plenty of out of contract lower league players willing to play for derby and they won’t cost much in wages. They will still have the pull of decent facilities a bit stadium and a big crowd. They will get plenty of attention too so players might see it as a chance to get into the limelight. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Borodane said:

As soon as the takeover is done there will be plenty of out of contract lower league players willing to play for derby and they won’t cost much in wages. They will still have the pull of decent facilities a bit stadium and a big crowd. They will get plenty of attention too so players might see it as a chance to get into the limelight. 

Maybe - but the new manager and his staff will still need to figure out who they want from that pool, get them signed and whip them into shape for the new season. 5 weeks is cutting it awfully close.

And thats assuming Quantuma don't waste most of that time faffing around deciding whether or not to accept Clowes' bid.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

Wow 😮 I presume that the issue is that they didn’t disclose where the funding was coming from?