oneBoro Forum

Derby County.

1 minute ago, Old Codger said:

If that is his true motivation, I hope the council find some medieval law saying it can only be used for football or grazing sheep.  Any applications for planning permission that don't include a retractable roof should be blocked. Not sure if it is in a good area for housing so lets see the "concerned MP's" look after the fans for once  

Apparently it is in a prime area for housing and apartments. I don’t think that Derby County will survive this unfortunately 

• Sad 1
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the millionaires have called a draw in the biggest *** competition and we could get on with the football Enjoyed the day, observations, comforting to see the same fake stone island stall in De

my reply    

Absolute scenes when this year's accounts are published and we were set to fail FFP by 3m until Mr Morris stepped in. Think that would turn the entirety of Derbyshire into the world's largest sal

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Apparently it is in a prime area for housing and apartments. I don’t think that Derby County will survive this unfortunately 

The stadium backs onto a bird reserve, is within strolling distance of an M&S Simply Food and walking distance of the town centre, and borders the A52. Houses would sell like hot cakes there. I think the writing's on the wall, and by writing, I mean Barratt logos.

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I'm not sure I'd agree it's a prime location for housing, it's essentially in the middle of a big industrial estate 😂

If he’s paid the £20m that Morris wanted and he has given them a loan to pay June wages, by the time he demolished Pride Park he would have to build a heck of a lot of houses to cover cost of land. Doubt it would be economic and he does seem to be a long standing Derby supporter. Also as a local firm it wouldn’t do his business much good being responsible for closing club down. 
I reckon it’s all just the huge complications of getting all the pieces in place - remember all the creditors have to agree to a deal to let Derby come out of administration and he can’t buy the club until he is sure they have all agreed to that. There’s also the earlier loans - Rooney’s agent paid May wages didn’t he? 
Of course could be that one of the creditors has decided to be awkward now that a deal is close and see if they can screw  Clowes for a bit more cash.

42 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

If he’s paid the £20m that Morris wanted and he has given them a loan to pay June wages, by the time he demolished Pride Park he would have to build a heck of a lot of houses to cover cost of land. Doubt it would be economic and he does seem to be a long standing Derby supporter. Also as a local firm it wouldn’t do his business much good being responsible for closing club down. 
I reckon it’s all just the huge complications of getting all the pieces in place - remember all the creditors have to agree to a deal to let Derby come out of administration and he can’t buy the club until he is sure they have all agreed to that. There’s also the earlier loans - Rooney’s agent paid May wages didn’t he? 
Of course could be that one of the creditors has decided to be awkward now that a deal is close and see if they can screw  Clowes for a bit more cash.

I very much doubt he paid even half what Mel Morris wanted. It's not as if Morris was in a strong bargaining position.

Also, it's logical developer behaviour to build executive houses and three-storey apartments on a prime within-walking-distance-of-the-town-centre site, and then relocate the club to some cheap edge-of-town location where land is dirt cheap and the council will wave any new stadium planning application through so they can retain their local football club and placate their more enraged constituents.

• Like 2

To be honest it is time the plug was pulled, next thing we will hear is that DC are willing to ground share just to continue the shambles this farce really is

Ages ago somebody posted, probably from the Derby end that planning permission was granted for a stadium of sports ground so planning officers could have a part to play in Derby's survival

3 hours ago, Downsouth said:

To be honest it is time the plug was pulled, next thing we will hear is that DC are willing to ground share just to continue the shambles this farce really is

It has helped other clubs survive until they could get a place of their own.

Wonder if Forest would consider putting them up? 🙃

15 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

I very much doubt he paid even half what Mel Morris wanted. It's not as if Morris was in a strong bargaining position.

Also, it's logical developer behaviour to build executive houses and three-storey apartments on a prime within-walking-distance-of-the-town-centre site, and then relocate the club to some cheap edge-of-town location where land is dirt cheap and the council will wave any new stadium planning application through so they can retain their local football club and placate their more enraged constituents.

The original  argument was that clowes was just buying the land for redevelopment and club would go to wall. I could see that happening with some purchasers, but not Clowes from his past support for Derby.

I’m pretty certain he wouldn’t buy it to relocate the club and then build houses on Pride Park. Even in third division Derby will get gates over 20k probably. To build a new stadium to latest safety standards and allow for them hopefully getting back into Chsmpionship would cost a fortune. The reason Derby won the Tribunal appeal on the sale of the stadium to Morris was that the rebuilding costs of Pride Park would be about £80m. Even cheap land needs infrastructure and roads etc. which would add to that cost.

David Clowes is a very humble man and a life long season ticket holder, thankfully the club can not be in better hands.

50 years ago had watched Derby win their first title, how times have changed, but in David we all trust that he will rebuild the club in the right way.

For any music lovers on here, was at a jamming session on wednesday night and Tom Killner turned up and blew us all away and he his going to be big in music, according to Shaun Ward ex Simply Red guitarist and two ex Sharp Cuts band members Steve and Pete who were there, well worth going to see Tom when you can.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, SirBrian said:

David Clowes is a very humble man and a life long season ticket holder, thankfully the club can not be in better hands.

50 years ago had watched Derby win their first title, how times have changed, but in David we all trust that he will rebuild the club in the right way.

For any music lovers on here, was at a jamming session on wednesday night and Tom Killner turned up and blew us all away and he his going to be big in music, according to Shaun Ward ex Simply Red guitarist and two ex Sharp Cuts band members Steve and Pete who were there, well worth going to see Tom when you can.

Meme Wtf GIF

• Like 1