oneBoro Forum

Derby County.

17 minutes ago, SirBrian said:

Will have a look at Bristol City, OTIB site for one espicially Mr Pop, they have 157 pages on Derby County of mainly hate against Derby, yes social media is good but it does have its very bad side, no excuse for Derby fans who resort to this behaviour, only after 4 years of hell and 9 months of administration wondering if you will have a club, along with the press and most other clubs minority of fans against Derby on social media, and 2 lock downs for covid in this timespan, can understand why some resort to this behaviour, for it as not been a good 4 years to be a fan.

I'm not going to go and look at it, because I'm really not that bothered. Your fans behaviour and the behaviour of Morris brought a lot of the hatred, people don't just have a random hatred of Derby for no reason.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the millionaires have called a draw in the biggest *** competition and we could get on with the football Enjoyed the day, observations, comforting to see the same fake stone island stall in De

my reply    

Absolute scenes when this year's accounts are published and we were set to fail FFP by 3m until Mr Morris stepped in. Think that would turn the entirety of Derbyshire into the world's largest sal

Posted Images

Apparently signing Mendez-Laing too, who seems to have become a right mercenary since leaving Cardiff.

Offered a deal here and turned it down, ditched Sheffield Wednesday to join another team in the same division.

• Like 1

Would expect a full ground to give Derby a financial edge in the division, a good opportunity to bring through any kids the administrators didn't flog whilst avoiding doing their job. 

good luck for the future.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As I said there will be plenty of players open to the lure of playing in front of 30k and plenty of media attention. They’ll have no problem putting together a team. Might suffer from lack of continuity in the early parts. I think they’ll challenge for the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

As I said there will be plenty of players open to the lure of playing in front of 30k and plenty of media attention. They’ll have no problem putting together a team. Might suffer from lack of continuity in the early parts. I think they’ll challenge for the playoffs. 

A tad ambitious there I think, given they will be building a squad virtually from scratch. A lot will depend on the manager and coaching staff. If they have a good setup and make the right signings, things could take off quickly. If not, it could be a case of slow and steady progress.

In either case I don't think there will be many complaints. The fans will just be glad they still have a club.

• Like 1

At this stage I think just surviving in League One will be a success considering the state the Club is in right now. Getting a Manager in place and recruiting enough players to put out a team on top of all the background carry on is a huge ask. Camaraderie and single minded determination can carry them a long way as it did with Boro in 86 but it's more likely to end in a struggle trying to keep their heads above water.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

What's the odds of a Cup meeting this year..  you just know that some things are waiting to happen 🙂

I would't imagine we'd see anything bad happening, it was mostly fine when we played them, hammered them and they feared they were about to go out of existence.

It'll be less tense now they're just a League One club in recovery.

• Like 3

Sincerely hope you are right..  think it would be OK up here, but not so sure about it would go down there. Ideally it will be a few years till they are back in the Prem 🙂

Knew they would be alright in the end, if there wasn't the buying interest there then they wouldn't of had the deadlines constantly extended.

• Thanks 1
On 7/3/2022 at 1:39 PM, TeaCider24 said:

I would't imagine we'd see anything bad happening, it was mostly fine when we played them, hammered them and they feared they were about to go out of existence.

It'll be less tense now they're just a League One club in recovery.

There were arrests made, weren't there? Can't remember if that was before or after but I definitely heard there was bother in town before the game, too and I know for a fact it was feisty on the way out of the ground past the away end.

I would imagine they won't forget the events of this season in a hurry. I should think not too, as it should serve to remind them of what some of them were happy to accept and even encourage in some parts with Morris in charge. But for those remembering this year, I'm sure that will mean they remember the part they felt we played in it.