• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the millionaires have called a draw in the biggest *** competition and we could get on with the football Enjoyed the day, observations, comforting to see the same fake stone island stall in De

my reply    

Absolute scenes when this year's accounts are published and we were set to fail FFP by 3m until Mr Morris stepped in. Think that would turn the entirety of Derbyshire into the world's largest sal

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Just heard that the EFL is withholding TV monies from DCFC until we come out of Admin. Is it paranoia or are they doing their best to make life difficult? We have to have sorted the non-footballing debts before we are allowed out of Administration. The EFL is keeping money that could be used to pay off the debts until we've paid off the debts.....  

I think the EFL are holding back the money until the Admin have proved DCFC is going to fulfil its fixtures. Considering the Admin's job is to reduce the debt they don't seem to be selling many assets, Williams off to Chelsea will probably cover the golden ticket fund but actual debts they seem to be more intent on getting them dismissed than paying them.

1 hour ago, Mr_Maz said:

you glory hunter!

if the JC Arena is 20km from you, then other clubs aren't that far off.

PSV was my closest stadium (less than 1km), now, it's technically Utrecht, as I moved to Breukelen

Still my closest club and they do play a nice brand of football (most of the time). I'd like to pick and choose games as a neutral but you have to have a club card..... Shame. When I first moved here in '84 I lived about 800 yards from de Meer, their original ground. Went half a dozen times and then stopped going regularly as they were so superior to the oppo that they were invariably 3 up inside 20 to 25 minutes. At that point in a game it was as if an Armistice had been signed, if you don't try to catch up, we won't humiliate you. As a spectacle the game was over. I can get to Breukelen in about 25 minutes by car from Aalsmeer.

Gary Neville's comments would have held more weight if he had and his brother hadn't bankrolled Salford in to the EFL in the same season that their hometown club went under.

Salford replaced Bury in the EFL.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Still my closest club and they do play a nice brand of football (most of the time). I'd like to pick and choose games as a neutral but you have to have a club card..... Shame. When I first moved here in '84 I lived about 800 yards from de Meer, their original ground. Went half a dozen times and then stopped going regularly as they were so superior to the oppo that they were invariably 3 up inside 20 to 25 minutes. At that point in a game it was as if an Armistice had been signed, if you don't try to catch up, we won't humiliate you. As a spectacle the game was over. I can get to Breukelen in about 25 minutes by car from Aalsmeer.

yeah, the club card thing makes it annoying.

I went to an Ajax vs Utrecht game pre covid, it was so one sided! on the plus side the free beer and food in the hospitality was great.

I've been to Aalsmeer a few times, there is a guy who sells Keter tuinhuises from his farm near there, that I've used a few times.

6 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

I think the EFL are holding back the money until the Admin have proved DCFC is going to fulfil its fixtures. Considering the Admin's job is to reduce the debt they don't seem to be selling many assets, Williams off to Chelsea will probably cover the golden ticket fund but actual debts they seem to be more intent on getting them dismissed than paying them.

I can see where you're coming from Pidge, however, there is another way of looking at it, keep the players and have a better chance of staying up and we are a much better prospect for prospective buyers who may be prepared to go higher if others start over-bidding them. The more money we get in, the more we can pay our creditors. My preference would be to pay off all creditors 100%. I did come up with an idea whereby Mel lends the club the money to pay off the creditors and thereby becomes one himself, he writes off the £140M we owe him. The club leaves Admin and he gets 25% of the new debt up front. The rest is paid back over time, £2M at the start of each season and 25% of any profits made each financial year until the interest free loan is paid back to him. I'd also have Derby (and preferably the rest of the EFL teams) present a budget before the start of every season to the EFL, as happens here in the Netherlands. The budget has to be believable. Projected income and projected outgoings, a club knows then how much "extra" it has to buy players. The idea is to NOT make a loss. If, due to circumstances, you do make a loss, each subsequent year's budget has to include a realistic plan on how, and over what reasonable time scale, the club will pay off their debts. Failure to produce a realistic, believable budget sees the club getting it thrown back at them to amend and keep to the amendments. Failure to do so will lead to an immediate points deduction. Recurring infringements can see a club thrown out of the League. That would ensure nobody could end up where we currently are.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Mr_Maz said:

yeah, the club card thing makes it annoying.

I went to an Ajax vs Utrecht game pre covid, it was so one sided! on the plus side the free beer and food in the hospitality was great.

I've been to Aalsmeer a few times, there is a guy who sells Keter tuinhuises from his farm near there, that I've used a few times.

Hospitality at the JCA is, indeed, very good. I've got a Scots mate who keeps threatening to take me to a Utrecht game. Must do it one of these days.

In my opinion it’s high time an independent body dealt with these things or certainly advised and had powerful input.

For those who remember 1986, the constant changing of position by the EFL was monstrous, you just thought you had a fingers in all the dam holes and the issue would be sorted, Then the EFL drilled some more and you were having to strip off your socks and use your toes as you were all out of fingers.

Im not saying that the EFL and it’s actions are not warranted, I’m saying that the way they do things and how they are perceived makes them look like they are disjointed and one section undermining the other, Im sure if we had all the facts this isn’t the case, but looking from afar without it you don’t get a favourable impression of them.

• Like 1

If I was an independent creditor of any football club and watched how administrators worked in this case, I would certainly be thinking about cash-on delivery to them from now on.

How the Derby Administrators are working also baffles me as to an outsider they should be working for the creditors, everyone else is secondary.

I know for Football the EFL requirements make more hoops to jump through as you have 100% football debts and fit and proper owners tests, but from the bits of info I’ve found in this case the man who called in the administrators and selected them, is a creditor too both directly as owner and indirectly through the various interwoven loans, guarantees all owners do. As the EFL is conflicted in these matters, so I think are football club owners, imo if you are going into administration as a football club, then an independent footballing body appoints the administrators and monitors them, and reports to the EFL and the fans how things are going and showing that no shady chicanery is going on. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

It does appear that the rules a tweaked on a case by case basis, no rules are followed in full, is Michael Masi involved?

The argument is always given that each case is dealt with on its merits and needs flexibility, as a fixed method could give rise to round pegs in square holes solutions. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Naisby said:

The argument is always given that each case is dealt with on its merits and needs flexibility, as a fixed method could give rise to round pegs in square holes solutions. 

I fully understand that but even 'milestones' seem to change if you do this then we'll do that etc.