oneBoro Forum

Derby County.

3 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

I hope there are plenty of stewards in the West Stand Upper when we play Derby. At this rate, someone's going to lob their ciabatta at a Derby fan sitting in front of them, and Claret may actually be spilt (when a carafe gets knocked over).

Was just gonna say, aggro in the West Stand Upper, what would that look like? 🙂

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the millionaires have called a draw in the biggest *** competition and we could get on with the football Enjoyed the day, observations, comforting to see the same fake stone island stall in De

my reply    

Absolute scenes when this year's accounts are published and we were set to fail FFP by 3m until Mr Morris stepped in. Think that would turn the entirety of Derbyshire into the world's largest sal

Posted Images

2 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Gary Neville's comments would have held more weight if he had and his brother hadn't bankrolled Salford in to the EFL in the same season that their hometown club went under.

Salford replaced Bury in the EFL.

I'm not sure he could have done anything about it really?  You can't own two football clubs like that so he wasn't in a position to save them.  It's also worth pointing out that it's not his responsibility to save them either, and the issue with Bury was the owner, and the one before him, like it is with a lot of football clubs who end up in difficulties.   Bury could have been saved but somebody decided not to bother, and it wasn't the Neville brothers.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Brunners said:

Feels like something of a pretty hasty back pedal from Ryan of the Derby County Podcast.

that's quite a change from the tirade last week...He still missed over all the important bits. 

Hate to say this but that segment from Simon Jordan is the most illuminating aspect of all this. Gibson has spoken to two of the three bidders and the claim wasnt a deal breaker for them. 

Derby and this podcast to wind in the hysteria. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

that's quite a change from the tirade last week...He still missed over all the important bits. 

Hate to say this but that segment from Simon Jordan is the most illuminating aspect of all this. Gibson has spoken to two of the three bidders and the claim wasnt a deal breaker for them. 

Derby and this podcast to wind in the hysteria. 

I think that what Gibson is trying to do is to set a precedent about certain owners actions, that he seems to have taken a dislike personally to MM Is more towards him than to the wider club.

14 minutes ago, Naisby said:

I think that what Gibson is trying to do is to set a precedent about certain owners actions, that he seems to have taken a dislike personally to MM Is more towards him than to the wider club.

I agree Gibson is making a stand to effect change and stop all this as the EFL have let it slide, I do think he will succeed in that regard. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Naisby said:

I As the EFL is conflicted in these matters, so I think are football club owners, imo if you are going into administration as a football club, then an independent footballing body appoints the administrators and monitors them, and reports to the EFL and the fans how things are going and showing that no shady chicanery is going on. 

That sounds good - the problem is that any football club is a limited company and so EFL can’t dictate the process. It’s laid down by the  insolvency laws. Obviously complicated, but in a nutshell, they state that if a company is trading insolvently (I.e. can’t pay their debts), then the directors have to appoint an administrator. In practice, unless it is a big plc with hundreds of shareholders, this means the owners are the ones appointing the administrators. 

• Like 2

It will be a big hit on revenue closing the west stand for the game surly it's only temporary while they put a block on sales for the game such as needing to have an digital account with so many points or something 

I have seen fans of a couple of other clubs asking why we aren't selling players en masse. My thoughts are that Admin may have come to the same conclusion that the Leicester Administrators came to in 2002, that keeping as many of the 1st team as possible was the best way to achieve the maximum return for the club's creditors..... we shall see.

• Like 2
22 hours ago, Naisby said:

Just do id checks on all West Stand turn styles, if your id comes from the East Midlands then you are taken to the Madren suite and made to do a Boro test to check your genuine. If you fail no admittance. As stewards used to checking covid id’s this should be easy. 😀

UNOFFICIAL BORO TEST

1. Do you like parmos?

2. Do you know who Bob Mortimer is?

3. Do you like Chris Rea?

4. Do you know where the Purple Onion is?

5. What colour is the Transporter Bridge?

• Haha 1
21 hours ago, Naisby said:

In my opinion it’s high time an independent body dealt with these things or certainly advised and had powerful input.

For those who remember 1986, the constant changing of position by the EFL was monstrous, you just thought you had a fingers in all the dam holes and the issue would be sorted, Then the EFL drilled some more and you were having to strip off your socks and use your toes as you were all out of fingers.

Im not saying that the EFL and it’s actions are not warranted, I’m saying that the way they do things and how they are perceived makes them look like they are disjointed and one section undermining the other, Im sure if we had all the facts this isn’t the case, but looking from afar without it you don’t get a favourable impression of them.

For that to happen they'd need to appoint some competent people...and maybe get some legal advice.

I've long had the impression the EFL aren't much different to the FA...an Old Boys network who are mostly experts in covering their backsides and having Teflon shoulders.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

UNOFFICIAL BORO TEST

1. Do you like parmos?

2. Do you know who Bob Mortimer is?

3. Do you like Chris Rea?

4. Do you know where the Purple Onion is?

5. What colour is the Transporter Bridge?

My concern is that they are all Yes/No answers and there could be a few interlopers get lucky with the answers causing chaos with their flasks and Tartan rugs in the West Stand Upper!

1. What is a Parmo?

2. What does Bob Mortimer do?

3. Name a Chris Rea song?

4. What is the Purple Onion is? (concentrate on the response, they have to pronounce it "Perple")

5. What is on the other side of the Transporter Bridge?

Tiebreaker 6) Who is Bernie and where and why did he bare his cheeks?

That should really sort out the Rams from the Lions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

My concern is that they are all Yes/No answers and there could be a few interlopers get lucky with the answers causing chaos with their flasks and Tartan rugs in the West Stand Upper!

1. What is a Parmo?

2. What does Bob Mortimer do?

3. Name a Chris Rea song?

4. What is the Purple Onion is? (concentrate on the response, they have to pronounce it "Perple")

5. What is on the other side of the Transporter Bridge?

Tiebreaker 6) Who is Bernie and where and why did he bare his cheeks?

That should really sort out the Rams from the Lions.

Yeah - those are much better. 👍