• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the millionaires have called a draw in the biggest *** competition and we could get on with the football Enjoyed the day, observations, comforting to see the same fake stone island stall in De

my reply    

Absolute scenes when this year's accounts are published and we were set to fail FFP by 3m until Mr Morris stepped in. Think that would turn the entirety of Derbyshire into the world's largest sal

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, MMC said:

Amazing that Nixon has enough *** to both stir it and throw it at walls waiting for it to stick.

When you produce it, it isn’t hard to stir it, fling it and watch what sticks all at the same time.

Thats professional journalism for you folks..

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Screenshot_20220128-141932_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d7b88ecf82f67da4ea132971eeb2f440.jpg

Eeeeesh.

Never seen administrators just build up debt at a club before, without trying to make sizeable sales.

After Monday they can’t get any money in from player sales and yet they still haven’t shown the EFL that they have enough money to last the season?

To refuse income from player sales, they absolutely must have a bidder lined up, or at least have someone who will guarantee funding for rest of season. It all stinks of a deal behind the scenes just waiting for the taxman/Gibson etc. to buckle and reduce demands. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Naisby said:

I wonder if the Matchday Announcers have been told to watch what they play so that it Does or Doesn’t offend.

The Beatles Taxman for instance 😅

or 

Liquidator by The Harry J Allstars..😅

duh duh duh de duh de duh pay your tax bill!

So just to try sum this up. They breach FFP and are living beyond their means so they get a 9 point deduction. They voluntarily go into administration because they can’t pay their debts and get another 12 point deduction. They have assets that they have chosen not to sell which would have helped with the debts. They are borrowing more money to live even further beyond their means 🤷‍♂️

What am I missing here? Surely FFP is being breached even further now?

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Blanco said:

So just to try sum this up. They breach FFP and are living beyond their means so they get a 9 point deduction. They voluntarily go into administration because they can’t pay their debts and get another 12 point deduction. They have assets that they have chosen not to sell which would have helped with the debts. They are borrowing more money to live even further beyond their means 🤷‍♂️

Not sure anyone knows yet because they haven't submitted up to date accounts yet AFAIK

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Not sure anyone knows yet because they haven't submitted up to date accounts yet AFAIK

And it took them 3-4 years to submit the last lot 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Blanco said:

I saw this earlier which suggests they may be due another -3 soon, but I'm not sure I'm reading it right.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Doesn't make much sense to me either... 

The Big Lebowski What GIF by MOODMAN

9 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I think their plan is to keep everyone waiting so long that they just get fed up and forget about it...

EVERYONE

Tax The Rich Joe Biden GIF by GIPHY News

DERBY

Mike Myers No GIF

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Rooney has turned down the Everton job saying that he has unfinished business at Derby.

Fair play to the lad. 

Looking like he'll leave them when they're a finished business to be fair.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
4 minutes ago, MMC said:

Looking like he'll leave them when they're a finished business to be fair.

He was never on the short list, he has managed a club in the second division for a year, and he on a very cushy contract which Derby agreed under MM. Everton need a manager who can get instant respect and results and work within the midfield of being either the owners pick or the boards pick. 

The last 4 managers have all been sacked by the faction that didn’t appoint them. His only asset was being an old boy, but sadly it would take more than good Will to solve a club like Everton atm. 

• Like 1

Jagielka - he was on £4500 a week. That's the max we could pay incoming players under the EFL sanctions we had back then. Now we can't sign anybody at all.

Somebody, I presume MSD, has put £1.25M in to keep the club going through February. I hope this means a deal with a prospective buyer is very close. There must be something looking positive in the pipeline or the EFL wouldn't have granted the 1 month extension on proving funds to the end of the season. I sincerely hope it's not Admin gambling with the club's future. There's so little being told.

I'm, pleasantly, surprised we haven't sold anyone of note yet. One player refused to go to Forest, can't blame him for that. I'm convinced that deals will be struck before the end of February as I said earlier or the EFL wouldn't have given the extension to a deadline they said didn't exist 2 weeks ago. That, or we will see a ruck of players leave on Monday before the window closes. Bournemouth are rumoured to have enquired about Tom Lawrence and were told £500K up front or no deal. Looks like they chose the latter.

Another thing that makes things look slightly better than they have done of late is Rooney declining to talk to Everton because "I have a job to do at Derby", Right now it's little things like this that help lighten the mood. Would he turn down an interview with EFC if he didn't think we could complete the season and still be around next?

Quantuma were, indeed, appointed by Morris. Many, some Derby fans included, are looking at that as a signal that Mel is still pulling the strings. Him appointing the Administrators isn't strange as its usually the owner of a company going into Admin who selects the Administrators.

What will happen? I wish I knew. I'm a little less despondent now we've had a stay of execution. If we can get the funding for the rest of the season and then push on to finalise a sale of the club to somebody who won't go spending money we don't have, I'll be happy. That would mean there's be no 3 point deduction for not paying the players. No losing the golden ticket for failing to show sufficient funds for the season. We would, eventually exit Admin within the rules and avoid a 15 point penalty. That would leave us to fight relegation where it should be fought. On the pitch. I'm also realistic enough to understand that, come March 1st 2022, I may not have a team to support.

Fans of many clubs are asking why not this? Why not that? We Rams fans just don't know. Neither do other fans. Hopefully, there is rhyme and reason to it all and we'll all see why in the next 4 weeks. I'm flying over for the game this weekend but won't be over for the game at yours on the 12th. If you miss out on promotion, I hope to visit the Riverside again next season. Que sera, sera......

• Like 7