oneBoro Forum

Derby County.

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Is interesting that we have openly said the stadium is the basis of our claim

I thought that was already ruled okay and we were told we couldn't claim on that years ago

It’s an interesting point you make, I wonder if it has also to do with the resale of the ground again, as Gibson has been looking to have this done through arbitration since 2019, that’s when MM publicly announced he was looking to sell the club iirc. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the millionaires have called a draw in the biggest *** competition and we could get on with the football Enjoyed the day, observations, comforting to see the same fake stone island stall in De

my reply    

Absolute scenes when this year's accounts are published and we were set to fail FFP by 3m until Mr Morris stepped in. Think that would turn the entirety of Derbyshire into the world's largest sal

Posted Images

Just now, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Has that Boro fan done the podcast I think was mentioned on here last week. I was interested to see how the conversation would have gone. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Brunners said:

Is interesting that we have openly said the stadium is the basis of our claim

I thought that was already ruled okay and we were told we couldn't claim on that years ago

I'm guessing it's because Derby had £80m invested on the basis of their stadium being valued at that during the internal sale.

Now Mel Morris is trying to sell it for £20m.

It's not worth £60m less than it was 3 years ago.

Either the valuation was faulty, and they should be further punished for inflating the value, or he should be selling it for £80m. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'm guessing it's because Derby had £80m invested on the basis of their stadium being valued at that during the internal sale.

Now Mel Morris is trying to sell it for £20m.

It's not worth £60m less than it was 3 years ago.

Either the valuation was faulty, and they should be further punished for inflating the value, or he should be selling it for £80m. 

That would be my thought too, but I'm a little dubious about it.

Hopefully it goes to arbitration and we can find out one way or the other.

2 hours ago, Naisby said:

The keyboard threats are all over their fan sites, this a match for fans to look out for each other as there are some who are coming looking for trouble. 

Well all I can say is good luck getting anywhere near Gibson.

Coming to the ground to cause trouble for other fans is a very different kettle of fish. Still, only to be expected I suppose. Just hope the police have a suitably beefed up presence for this game.

17 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

The tide has well and truly turned against Derby fans, at least on social media.

Makes me feel vindicated to have this avatar on here, Twitter and Facebook 😃

I left social media last year to preserve (what remains of) my mental health. What's the chat? Are people just fed up with hearing them bleating, or are Derby fans' arguments not holding up any more as the process drags on?

• Like 1
Just now, RiseAgainst said:

I left social media last year to preserve (what remains of) my mental health. What's the chat? Are people just fed up with hearing them bleating, or are Derby fans' arguments not holding up any more as the process drags on?

Bit of both, tbh

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Its the reason I only log in to my Twitter account sporadically. Just the sheer amount of bile and idiocy you come across. If you actually tried responding to all the crap you read, you'd end up turning into "One Of Them". 😟

1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

Its the reason I only log in to my Twitter account sporadically. Just the sheer amount of bile and idiocy you come across. If you actually tried responding to all the crap you read, you'd end up turning into "One Of Them". 😟

I stuck with Twitter for years because it was great for following minor public figures like Dominic Sandbrook and Ginger from the Wildhearts, but in the end, the unrelenting hatred wore me down and I permanently deleted it before Christmas. It didn't help that I ended up having an argument with Ginger about politics - moral of the story, never DM your heroes.

29 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

I stuck with Twitter for years because it was great for following minor public figures like Dominic Sandbrook and Ginger from the Wildhearts, but in the end, the unrelenting hatred wore me down and I permanently deleted it before Christmas. It didn't help that I ended up having an argument with Ginger about politics - moral of the story, never DM your heroes.

Or, accept that your heroes probably won't think the exact same way you do about everything 🙂

The many people on oneBoro that consider me to be their hero probably already know that 👍

• Like 1