oneBoro Forum

Derby County.

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Interesting claim from Mel here, saying it is categorically us that has stopped any arbitration proceeding from moving forward.

Screenshot 2022-02-04 183516.png

Well we can all believe MM, I mean it's not as if he would stretch the truth or embellish things like the roof over his Stadium now is it!

• Haha 1
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the millionaires have called a draw in the biggest *** competition and we could get on with the football Enjoyed the day, observations, comforting to see the same fake stone island stall in De

my reply    

Absolute scenes when this year's accounts are published and we were set to fail FFP by 3m until Mr Morris stepped in. Think that would turn the entirety of Derbyshire into the world's largest sal

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Interesting claim from Mel here, saying it is categorically us that has stopped any arbitration proceeding from moving forward.

Screenshot 2022-02-04 183516.png

Hope he has the receipts for those claims, as I'm confident Gibson does. And if he's making comments as a private citizen about a limited company, then he can be sued. 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

In the words of the immoral DZ don't believe a word!

Fixed it for ya! 😁

I can't help but think about how I'd feel if the shoe was on the other foot...and how I would hope other fans would treat us.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

Fixed it for ya! 😁

I can't help but think about how I'd feel if the shoe was on the other foot...and how I would hope other fans would treat us.

Ask those who were there in 86. I’m still eternally grateful for Hartlepool’s generosity in using their ground in order to fulfil our fixture as Ayresome Park wasn’t ready, I also remember the lack of any support that came from Darlington.

I feel for the genuine Rams fans, imagine no Boro since 1986 in any meaningful way. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Bloody hell! Took him long enough, but it seems Melvyn has finally done the right thing. 😯

Apart from the fact that he knows its not possible to do this. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
18 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

Apart from the fact that he knows its not possible to do this. 

Quite right the claim is against an entity not a person. If Gibson wanted to claim against Morris he would have prove personal responsibility and action and therefore liability, impossible to do

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, pikerman said:

Quite right the claim is against an entity not a person. If Gibson wanted to claim against Morris he would have prove personal responsibility and action and therefore liability, impossible to do

True, but it is entirely possible for him to agree to guarantee that he will personally pay Derby, or any successful bidder,  any costs or compensation to Boro/Wycombe that  is successful in arbitration or the courts.  That will mean any bidder can move forward knowing that the claims are not going to be a cost to them. 
if he is doing that, it will simplify the administrators task as the element of doubt is removed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Brunners said:

basically as ScarBoro says above.

Has opened the door for Gibson to point that out though and say if Morris doesn’t guarantee the debt then it’s obvious he is not serious in trying to sort it out.

Some interesting comments on Ramstalk

ariotofmyown

Posted January 20

Would there be a way to reach out to Boro fans to get them onside, at least some of them? I would hate it if our owner was acting like their owner is. I would also be pretty worried how it just seems like a desperate attempt to plug a huge whole in the club's finances. Fans need to stick together against these moneied villians ruining our game.

Have i missed the open letter/explanation/anything from Mr Morris? 

The differences of running a club between Sir Ste Gibson and Mr Morris are night and day, its just a massive shame that Derby fans are in this position and blind with hate over what their "Derby loving" owner did to them in the name off greed. 

NOTHING MORE IMO 

Steve Gibson, the monied villain 😂.

I'm stuck not actually expecting us to receive compensation that I actually think we deserve, but that's more because I doubt anybody wants to open the door to constant lawsuits against other clubs that cheat.

I'm not sure that MM's offer has any legs which would be typical of him. If the claim is against the Football Club going to court against an individual doesn't seem to stack up but I guess Morris knew that.

If MM really wants to put his money where his mouth is all he has to do is to say that he will personally underwrite any MFC/WW claims against DCFC and the supposed problem of the outstanding claims immediately goes away. I wonder why he didn't choose this option?