oneBoro Forum

Derby County.

21 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Honestly I have no idea what the EFLs position is anymore.

They have seemingly since ruled out the High Court option anyway so 🤷‍♂️

The wording does seem a bit vague (no surprise there).

They're saying they are not "football debts" but at the same time say the claims "cannot be ignored".

They can't rule that Derby are not creditors, as the claims may be upheld by an independent process.

Looks like they're trying to say that the claims go above and beyond what the EFL can rule on as far as compliance with FFP is concerned and that if they did try to make any rulings they could be overturned by the courts or other arbitration process (I think). 🤷‍♂️

So overall not very helpful and doesn't lessen the worry for fans that Boro's and Wycombe's claims could put off potential buyers, depending on the outcome.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the millionaires have called a draw in the biggest *** competition and we could get on with the football Enjoyed the day, observations, comforting to see the same fake stone island stall in De

my reply    

Absolute scenes when this year's accounts are published and we were set to fail FFP by 3m until Mr Morris stepped in. Think that would turn the entirety of Derbyshire into the world's largest sal

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

I feel our stewards will need to be extra vigilant in checking for weapons/equipment that can cause damage hopefully we can get this guy in to shore up our security.

I'd love to replace our laugh emoji with this.

wilderlaugh.png.23f0278acd44ee61cf5c791be6cdd412.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'd love to replace our laugh emoji with this.

wilderlaugh.png.23f0278acd44ee61cf5c791be6cdd412.png

Please no. It’s going to start looking like that horrible comeonboro forum I once found myself on. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

I feel our stewards will need to be extra vigilant in checking for weapons/equipment that can cause damage hopefully we can get this guy in to shore up our security.

Good grief! 🤣🤣🤣

You can tell he's been through a rigorous training and selection process.

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Boro Blame Bingo winner!

Screenshot 2022-02-08 114220.png

Yikes! Where did you get that from?

I've only been keeping half an eye on this whole saga. Is Gibson going after Derby because Boro failed to get promoted, or because they were in breach of FFP regs? Or a nebulous mix of both?

To be honest I think I agree with Derby fans on the promotion issue, but we have a solid case purely on FFP grounds.

Again, I'll say its a shame he can't go directly after Morris...though if the man had any decency he'd agree to put money into the club to offset whatever the final bill ends up being.

I think what the EFL are saying is, 

1. If Boro/ Wycombe claims are substantiated and have been judged by arbitration any potential financial penalty would be a footballing debt and so would be needed to be paid in full.

2. Nothing is stopping the administrators naming a preferred bidder or selling the club as apart from the fit and proper owners test that’s nothing to do with the EFL.

3. The EFL has a clearly defined process for dealing with disputes between clubs, it’s Independent Arbitration and the EFL will convene an independent board. Not a board made up of the EFL.

4. If any of the parties wish to proceed at speed with this the EFL will help in any way it’s able, but at the moment until things change the EFL and it’s position remain the same. Boro have a legitimate grievance with Derby and it needs to be heard.

2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Yikes! Where did you get that from?

I've only been keeping half an eye on this whole saga. Is Gibson going after Derby because Boro failed to get promoted, or because they were in breach of FFP regs? Or a nebulous mix of both?

To be honest I think I agree with Derby fans on the promotion issue, but we have a solid case purely on FFP grounds.

Again, I'll say its a shame he can't go directly after Morris...though if the man had any decency he'd agree to put money into the club to offset whatever the final bill ends up being.

What Derby fans think Gibson is going after Derby For is not always clear as he has many grievances with them, some have already been heard and an independent EFL arbitration panel ruled them to have no foundation.

As such they are mixing these in with whatever Gibson is wanting to do now, which to be perfectly honest isn’t very clear at all. The only pertinent fact is that between the parties concerned Gibson and Boro say they have a claim, Derby and latterly their administrators say it’s rubbish. The EFL say that Boro do have legitimate grievances that need to be heard. And the buyers must know that there is a damn good chance they could be heard and granted as they unwilling to bid a fee for the club as well as take responsibility for any future financial penalty.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I might have to unfollow Alan Nixon because he really is trying to constantly whip up a frenzy over the whole situation.

He's shameless.

Go out with a bang like I did, just called him out on his crap and it must have been at most 5 minutes before the block came in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I might have to unfollow Alan Nixon because he really is trying to constantly whip up a frenzy over the whole situation.

He's shameless.

Never follow a journalist should be something taught at school. If you do follow them always take your shoes off at the door and wash thoroughly before mixing with folk again. 😀

• Haha 3
Just now, Naisby said:

Never follow a journalist should be something taught at school. If you do follow them always take your shoes off at the door and wash thoroughly before mixing with folk again. 😀

I follow a few others who are far more professional, but he's a manchild who writes for The Sun and acts exactly like it.

Question him? Blocked.

Contradict him? Blocked.

He misunderstands your tweet? Blocked.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

I follow a few others who are far more professional, but he's a manchild who writes for The Sun and acts exactly like it.

Question him? Blocked.

Contradict him? Blocked.

He misunderstands your tweet? Blocked.

Decent professional journalists expect to be questioned and called upon things, it’s part of their job. Any journalist who blocks or ignores and hasn’t been personally insulted or threatened frankly isn’t a journalist imo. They are only Professional Rumour-mongers.  

• Like 2