oneBoro Forum

Derby County.

2 minutes ago, Naisby said:

The EFL have rules on the length of time a club can be in administration, you cannot be in administration more than 2 seasons. For Derby like you say that means that they can be in administration until the season 23/24 without breaking this rule, but they do get checked up on regularly and have to provide information about on going financial coverage. 

To the EFL that means making sure a club can finish the season it’s in already, once that’s finished they usually get a lot tougher with the administrators because they don’t want a team to fold mid season.

I believe it's you can't start more than 2 in Admin, so technically (as is the case with Derby) you can be in admin spanning 3 potential seasons. They'd have to be out of admin by the beginning of the 24/25 season, if I interpreted the rules correctly.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the millionaires have called a draw in the biggest *** competition and we could get on with the football Enjoyed the day, observations, comforting to see the same fake stone island stall in De

my reply    

Absolute scenes when this year's accounts are published and we were set to fail FFP by 3m until Mr Morris stepped in. Think that would turn the entirety of Derbyshire into the world's largest sal

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I believe it's you can't start more than 2 in Admin, so technically (as is the case with Derby) you can be in admin spanning 3 potential seasons. They'd have to be out of admin by the beginning of the 24/25 season, if I interpreted the rules correctly.

Your right. They started in admin in 21/22 season. So could run through next season 22/23 & 23/24 But couldn’t start 24/25. It’s the starting rule I’m not sure off tho if there is a time length on the season as most clubs usually go into admin around now rather than like Derby did at the start of a season really. It was a very clear and cynical time to go into admin tho. There were grumbles at the time about whether they should have been allowed to start the season at all knowing they were going into administration within 2 months.

Edited by Naisby
1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I suspect that there is more reasoned and informed debate on here between both sets of fans than there has been between the Clubs, the EFL and the Administrators over the last six months!

I don’t think MM or Q are ever likely to talk to Boro/Wycombe unless forced to so no debate has or will be possible till they are forced to.

image.gif.ab34e4686a72773acfb10203f32a10b3.gif

image.gif

• Like 1
2 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

That's absurd if true. I know the EFL are pretty supine and incompetent, but surely it must have dawned on them that a club being in administration for over a year (across multiple seasons!) is hugely damaging and destabilising, not just to that club and its staff but also to any teams in their vicinity in the league?

The rules are that you may be in Admin for a maximum of 18 months but only start 1 season in Admin. As we didn't go into Admin until September the full 18 months is there and, as Quantuma seem to be getting £1M a month for their "efforts", it wouldn't surprise me one iota to see us get close to the 18 months.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, MadAmster said:

The rules are that you may be in Admin for a maximum of 18 months but only start 1 season in Admin. As we didn't go into Admin until September the full 18 months is there and, as Quantuma seem to be getting £1M a month for their "efforts", it wouldn't surprise me one iota to see us get close to the 18 months.

One million a month?!? One million!?! How many people is needed? Sounds like a ridiculous amount and no wonder Derby are in a financial mess if the club has to foot that bill. That’s 5 million already with nothing to show for. 

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, Borodane said:

One million a month?!? One million!?! How many people is needed? Sounds like a ridiculous amount and no wonder Derby are in a financial mess if the club has to foot that bill. That’s 5 million already with nothing to show for. 

When your dealing with a club in the state of Derby and you have apparently agreed to tie your hands by having only an MM approved preferred bidder and MM approved legal opinion then charging £1m a month seems about right. 

2 American bids on the table, nothing from anyone else and still they haven’t sold the club or gone for fit and proper owners tests apparently. If I was a creditor to Derby whether a ram supporting creditor I would wonder who they are working in the best interests of.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, MadAmster said:

thought it was two seasons! I stand corrected. 

Disappointed Den only referred to as a twit. Someone with his abilities should be at least a bounder or a cad, or even a beastly rotter. If that is what they call trolling, they could at least put some effort into it. Standards are really slipping these days 😞 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
Just now, Old Codger said:

Disappointed Den only referred to as a twit. Someone with his abilities should be at least a bounder or a cad, or even a beastly rotter. If that is what they call trolling, they could at least put some effort into it. Standards are really slipping these days 😞 

Their forum has a swear modifier if you're not logged in, I'm pretty sure they called me something stronger than a twit 😛

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Their forum has a swear modifier if you're not logged in, I'm pretty sure they called me something stronger than a twit 😛

I know, but Twit just makes them sound like a bunch of eight year olds stamping their feet and pouting..  Your hard work should be properly rewarded ..

2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Did they call you a closet rams fan😱

• Haha 1