oneBoro Forum

Derby County.

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Funny how this news has come out the day before the match, almost as if they don't want any hostility tomorrow

Aye, what an absolute fanny Gibson is 👎 

His personal security force could have used as a tactical reserve like the Royal Guard would have been in days of old.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the millionaires have called a draw in the biggest *** competition and we could get on with the football Enjoyed the day, observations, comforting to see the same fake stone island stall in De

my reply    

Absolute scenes when this year's accounts are published and we were set to fail FFP by 3m until Mr Morris stepped in. Think that would turn the entirety of Derbyshire into the world's largest sal

Posted Images

2 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Glad it's over, wonder what the agreement is.

Certainly doesn't sound like we've just conceded, but they don't sound too unhappy either.

Shouldn't be allowed to make a private settlement after all of the crap that has been going on for ages.  All of the publicly traded statements and nonsense, then they chat for 15 mins and decide to knock it all on the head?  Hmm.

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Shouldn't be allowed to make a private settlement after all of the crap that has been going on for ages.  All of the publicly traded statements and nonsense, then they chat for 15 mins and decide to knock it all on the head?  Hmm.

Unlimited time cage fight, last bloke with a pulse takes the £40m is my preference. 

Couhig vs Quantuma on the undercard.

9 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Aye, what an absolute fanny Gibson is 👎 

His personal security force could have used as a tactical reserve like the Royal Guard would have been in days of old.

Yeah he's a friggin' Knight as well, he should be wading through the common folk cutting them down with his trusty broad sword yelling "for King and Country! (and Her Majesties Revenue and Custom)"

war battle GIF by HISTORY UK

• Haha 3

I’m good it’s over and I’m positive SG is clever enough to have come out of this satisfied. What the  agreement settled maybe is subjective so I’m not jumping to conclusions. 
But let’s just give them a reminder who we are and finish it off with a 6-0 thrashing. 

Edited by sanddancer
  • Like 2

I'm happy it's over. Gibson made his point and we've walked away with some compensation.

People saying they wanted them liquidated... Really? Can you be bothered to hear about it being 'our fault' for the rest of time? I just want 100% focus on our season - which still has the potential to be a brilliant one. Leave Derby to solve the mess they've created with us well out of it. 

• Like 2

Has Gibson actually made his point?  The whole thing has appeared as a vendetta against Derby County, or against Mel Morris personally.  Then all of a sudden it's over, obviously not coincidentally right before we play each other, possibly/probably with money being paid from Morris personally.  What point has been made exactly?  He's looked like a bit of a chancer, and dragged the club's name down with him.  The EFL hasn't had a revolution in how it's governed as far as I can see, although perhaps that will occur over time.  If the point is that a few quid can make people leave you alone then yeah I guess he's got that done.  It's been a lot of crap for what exactly?  Seriously, we or Gibson get a few quid, Derby took longer to come out of admin, everything continues exactly as it was.  I'd be interested in hearing from Gibson himself, not in a statement but from his own mouth, what all this has been about, and what he thinks he's accomplished.

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Has Gibson actually made his point?  The whole thing has appeared as a vendetta against Derby County, or against Mel Morris personally.  Then all of a sudden it's over, obviously not coincidentally right before we play each other, possibly/probably with money being paid from Morris personally.  What point has been made exactly?  He's looked like a bit of a chancer, and dragged the club's name down with him.  The EFL hasn't had a revolution in how it's governed as far as I can see, although perhaps that will occur over time.  If the point is that a few quid can make people leave you alone then yeah I guess he's got that done.  It's been a lot of crap for what exactly?  Seriously, we or Gibson get a few quid, Derby took longer to come out of admin, everything continues exactly as it was.  I'd be interested in hearing from Gibson himself, not in a statement but from his own mouth, what all this has been about, and what he thinks he's accomplished.

CT you will be waiting a loooooong time for SG to speak in public. 

2 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

CT you will be waiting a loooooong time for SG to speak in public. 

Probably but I think he should.  He's dragged this out so it would be nice to hear from him personally what it's all been about from his point of view.  

9 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Probably but I think he should.  He's dragged this out so it would be nice to hear from him personally what it's all been about from his point of view.  

He has fought the battle against Derby County but Steve Gibson’s wider war in football is still going. Only expect a brief wave once the whole war is won and maybe a few pre recorded words. Until then don’t expect to understand exactly what battle was being fought or on what lines I’m afraid. Unless the good folks at the Derby end decide to be more open.

13 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It would be appreciated but in reality it’s his club and he doesn’t need to justify his actions to us mere mortals. Anyway I am positive what has been mutually agreed comes with a non disclosure agreement. 

2 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

It would be appreciated but in reality it’s his club and he doesn’t need to justify his actions to us mere mortals. Anyway I am positive what has been mutually agreed comes with a non disclosure agreement. 

It's his business, it's not his club.

1 hour ago, Duvel said:

I'll still be looking for trouble, I've spent the last month having karate lessons and I'm not letting them go to waste. 

Wearing a good dose of High Karate was always better though. Make Love not War 😅

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Will it continue as it was?

I think clubs are going to be more wary of using creative accounting to get round the rules. The EFL is going to have to be more proactive in checking them and responsive to clubs complaining.  Haven’t the rules over clubs breaking rules and avoiding punishment when they got promoted been changed - I wouldn’t know for sure but I would guess Gibson has been among those pushing for that.

• Like 5