oneBoro Forum

Derby County.

Afternoon, I've been trying to find out what SG/MM actually agreed to. Failed. We don't, and probably never will, know if the agreement was for Mel to give Boro x amount. However, they may have merely agreed to have Mel underwrite any settlement awarded by the High Court, in which case we will get to know. Wycombe, according to fans on their forum, haven't actually made a claim yet, merely said that they have one and what they think it should amount to, which is, apparently £6M. Amusing that most fans of both sides see the agreement as something positive when we don't know what's been agreed. FWIW, I still think you'll win 2-0 today.

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the millionaires have called a draw in the biggest *** competition and we could get on with the football Enjoyed the day, observations, comforting to see the same fake stone island stall in De

my reply    

Absolute scenes when this year's accounts are published and we were set to fail FFP by 3m until Mr Morris stepped in. Think that would turn the entirety of Derbyshire into the world's largest sal

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I'm not suggesting a 100m race where everyone gets a head start on the fastest runner, I'm talking about everyone starting from the same place. What we currently have is the equivalent of Bolt having a head start. 

It could be worked out if the appetite was there and players could still earn millions like they do in American sport. The alternative is the current version where the rich teams finish at the top 90% of the time and everyone comes up with tinpot versions of ffp which do nothing. 

Well endorsements are a huge part of US sports - far larger than over here IIRC. Sports stars can make several times their salaries if they get sponsored by big brands.

You're trying to compare two very different models.

Like I explained before, the appetite to change will never be there, as there are too many people making too much money with the way things are. Change would have to be enforced externally by someone like FIFA, but even then you can guarantee the big clubs would get their legal teams on the case, claiming infringement of their ability to operate profitably, or somesuch.

I think the closest we can expect to see to a level playing field is by capping expenditure on transfers and wages to a percentage of a club's revenue. But that in itself is more about protecting clubs from over-spending and putting themselves in positions like Derby.

Also like explained before FFP would actually work better if the people who are supposed to enforce it did their jobs properly and didn't wait until things got to crisis point.

30 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Afternoon, I've been trying to find out what SG/MM actually agreed to. Failed. We don't, and probably never will, know if the agreement was for Mel to give Boro x amount. However, they may have merely agreed to have Mel underwrite any settlement awarded by the High Court, in which case we will get to know. Wycombe, according to fans on their forum, haven't actually made a claim yet, merely said that they have one and what they think it should amount to, which is, apparently £6M. Amusing that most fans of both sides see the agreement as something positive when we don't know what's been agreed. FWIW, I still think you'll win 2-0 today.

Well it is a positive in that at least there is light at the end of the tunnel now. Suppose we can argue whether it was fair or not later...if we ever find out the details. 🙂

Got the following from a BBC article:

"In a wide-ranging interview with BBC Radio Derby, Andrew Hosking, of administrators Quantuma, said "several parties" remained interested in purchasing the Rams and added he expects a preferred bidder to be named within 10 days.

"It's a huge breakthrough. I think the fans will be pleasantly surprised by the speed things will move at now," he added".

History and form this season does appear to favour us today. Will be disappointed if we don't win this one...but won't begrudge the Rams a point. Reckon we'll nick it 2-1 though.

Hope both sets of supporters bring their sensible heads and that there isn't any serious trouble. 👍

Edited by AnglianRed
7 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Steve Gibson does love his private and undisclosed deals and agreements tbf. I think your right we will never know what exactly has been agreed, but from what has been publicly announced what has actually changed though?

Throughout this whole saga Steve Gibson has been willing to facilitate and help Derby get sold, but at the same time wants his grievances dealt with by the EFL and classed as a footballing debt.

MM has always ignored these claims stalled and blown huge raspberry’s at anyone or anything that tried to get them dealt with. 

Q have always acted as MM’s Agents rather than independent administrators, either through choice or because if MM won’t help them then it’s liquidation as it’s to complicated and convoluted to find a buyer willing and accepted by everyone.

So the big question is what has MM offered? As Steve Gibson didn’t need to do anything really, he had offered to delay proceedings already so unless he dropped massively his compensation final figure claim he has not actually done anything in this new deal

So the big question is what has MM offered? What is it that is likely to get SG to agree. Money is the obvious one but if it was that simple a deal would have been agreed ages ago. The fact that the ongoing grievances Boro have are not going away tend to suggest that a payoff hasn’t taken place, so would it seem likely that after all this time MM would pay SG money up front say half the reported amount Boro claiming, so that prospective owners feel comfortable buying the club? That doesn’t seem to be the actions of MM that have been evident throughout his ownership of Derby.

41 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Well endorsements are a huge part of US sports - far larger than over here IIRC. Sports stars can make several times their salaries if they get sponsored by big brands.

You're trying to compare two very different models.

Like I explained before, the appetite to change will never be there, as there are too many people making too much money with the way things are. Change would have to be enforced externally by someone like FIFA, but even then you can guarantee the big clubs would get their legal teams on the case, claiming infringement of their ability to operate profitably, or somesuch.

I think the closest we can expect to see to a level playing field is by capping expenditure on transfers and wages to a percentage of a club's revenue. But that in itself is more about protecting clubs from over-spending and putting themselves in positions like Derby.

Also like explained before FFP would actually work better if the people who are supposed to enforce it did their jobs properly and didn't wait until things got to crisis point.

Yeah I know all of that 

Any cash sum agreed will go into Boro accounts for this season, so part of accounts to be published next March. If there is no disclosure then of the amount we can safely assume it was pretty small. Anything “material” has to be disclosed as an exceptional item, either in the accounts or as a note. What is regarded as material is, of course, debatable with the auditors, but I would have thought a few million would be regarded as material given the circumstances. By then it will be old news, of course.

• Thanks 1

Maybe MM has just simply agreed to sell the Stadium and to walk away from DCFC in all shapes and forms, never to return and they shook on that. I think one of SG's issues will likely have been that Mel comes back through the back door when the dust settles.

• Like 1
On 2/9/2022 at 12:52 PM, Johnny Xiemx said:

Along with 2k fellow sheepshaggers I will be coming to Boro on Saturday and along with the vast majority will not be smashing up the toilets or singing the vile Gibson song, although I am sure the Derby dies song will be on repeat. Who out of Morris, Gibson and Ashley is going to win the *** swinging competition I don't know but I do know that for 2hours on Saturday everyone in the Riverside will be roaring on their team and unlike the sanitised football tourist atmosphere of the premier League,we are football supporters and it matters. Yes, we both have our share of bellends but hopefully they'll be kept apart We both need 3 points for different reasons, I have always admired Wilder as a manager and Rooney who I thought would be a showpony is doing an extraordinary job given the hand he has been dealt and last night's match keeps our hopes alive for another week, 

No matter the result we will all do it again the week after.

Finally I have been chased from ayresome park when Kevin hector scored for us in the final minutes to make it 1-1 in 1975/6 but now in my sixties I intend to walk back into town and grab a parno

Good luck

So the millionaires have called a draw in the biggest *** competition and we could get on with the football

Enjoyed the day, observations, comforting to see the same fake stone island stall in Derby market has a franchise in Boro,gotta keep the 16 year olds looking individual!Why the police didn't keep us behind for 15 minutes while we were having our end of match singsong I don't know but they had to show off their shiny new riot gear I suppose,

Great atmosphere created by both sets of fans,had we kept it to 1-1at half time it would have made for an interesting 2nd half as it was poor defending finished the game and we were outplayed for the remainder,both goalies seem to think they can play it out from the back and end up dicking around putting their side under pressure,I predicted 4-0 to you so 4-1 is a positive. Wilder has got you playing some wonderful attacking football,

We both have a roller coaster end of season run in so enjoy the ride

As I said in a previous post I walked back to Zetland car park talked to some Boro fans with absolutely no trouble,so now the journalists can whip up some more fake animosity at someone else,s  club

Good luck, we'll both fight to the end

On 2/9/2022 at 12:52 PM, Johnny Xiemx said:

• Like 14
8 hours ago, Naisby said:

The militant Rams on their fan sites will be happy, I wonder if they have provided the money for the initial legal advice.

I would hope we would refrain from this act. The veracity of the report? It is in the Currant Bun, not renowned for truthful and unbiased reports.

Happy that we've got Derby out of the way.

They were never going to be liquidated, contrary to the admin spin, and I'll be pleased if they deservedly finish the season in the relegation zone.

I'll have no issues with Derby anymore if that's the case, the rightful outcome will have happened and their club will be fine.

38 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

I would hope we would refrain from this act. The veracity of the report? It is in the Currant Bun, not renowned for truthful and unbiased reports.

From the report in the sun, it’s the legal advise the EFL obtained to determine the advise on whether the case Boro had should be a purely football related issue and as such should go through the EFL processes and be classed as a footballing debt.

Also the advise and reports from the cases regarding Readings points deductions as well as Derby’s to see if your 9 points and their 6 were fair.

The only few good things to come out of this whole fiasco are that the EFL in the modern legal age is unable to appear to be the font of everything to its members both good and bad. How the EFL creates and appoints members to advocate boards to deal with issues was always misunderstood and or misadvised. If you read the Derby boards you would think it was the EFL board itself rather than independent skilled individuals.

But hey what will be, like Pandora after opening the 🏺 all the nasty stuff floods out and all you have left is hope. And as they say hope burns brightest at the hearth.

• Like 1