oneBoro Forum

Derby County.

On 2/17/2022 at 1:48 AM, Naisby said:

Like over £60m in the valuation of Pride Park.

coincidentally Derby as a club have debts that are rumoured to be just over £60m.

LIKE OVER £60M IN VALUATION OF PRIDE PARK

PP opened July 1997 and the Construction cost was £28 million, since the opening PP as been valued 3 times by the same valuers an american based company who are on the New York stock exchange 100 top companies, now in your wildest dreams do you think that they would risk their reputation and risk criminal charges against them for Derby County ?

Do a little research before coming out with such outlandish statements, and a tip do not take in all what gibson says as true, as we don't with Mel, no doubt you still believe in Santa. LOL

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the millionaires have called a draw in the biggest *** competition and we could get on with the football Enjoyed the day, observations, comforting to see the same fake stone island stall in De

my reply    

Absolute scenes when this year's accounts are published and we were set to fail FFP by 3m until Mr Morris stepped in. Think that would turn the entirety of Derbyshire into the world's largest sal

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, SirBrian said:

PP opened July 1997 and the Construction cost was £28 million, since the opening PP as been valued 3 times by the same valuers an american based company who are on the New York stock exchange 100 top companies, now in your wildest dreams do you think that they would risk their reputation and risk criminal charges against them for Derby County ?

Do a little research before coming out with such outlandish statements, and a tip do not take in all what gibson says as true, as we don't with Mel, no doubt you still believe in Santa. LOL

Couple of things SB

First of all, welcome to the forum. It’s always nice to have opposing fans giving their pov. 
Second, Steve Gibson is a saint and it’s only a matter of time before the Vatican deems it so 😉

Finally, and I mean this with sincerity what were the Valuations given by the company for pride park. I have no doubt that MM did over estimate the cost but I am very interested by how much and far to last to do my own research 😀

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, SirBrian said:

But Steve Gibson is physically incapable of lying

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, SirBrian said:

The last independent Pride Park valuation I heard of was £41 million, shortly before Mel paid £80 million for it. Split the difference, and what do you get?

And with the greatest of respect, being on the NYSE is hardly a bellwether of trust. I direct you to KPMG, who actually partner with the NYSE on key projects but have previously been the auditors for both FIFA and Carillion. Just because a company is big doesn't mean everything it does is entirely legitimate, or in the public's interests rather than in its clients' interests.

• Like 5
36 minutes ago, SirBrian said:

I, four one, think Steve is a top bloke and would never do such a thing. 

• Haha 4
On 2/15/2022 at 6:48 PM, boksicdink said:

Not to get too topical but Prince Andrew just settled out of court, i'm assuming that is because he had no case to answer to either

According to the BBC news its most likely because his mummy told him to. Its her 75th anniversary this year, plus the longer it drags on, the more the name of the Royal Family gets dragged through the mud.

So rather than pursue a long, drawn out court case, its just more convenient to cough up. Doesn't look great for the other side though - just makes it look like they were only ever out for money. 🤷‍♂️

At the extraordinary EFL meeting earlier this week, it appears they made linear depreciation of player values a rule. Does that mean it wasn't a rule, previously? If it wasn't, why did DCFC get fined £100K and ordered to resubmit all accounts from the 15/16 season onwards which led to us exceeding FFP and getting a 9 point deduction?

The sale of Pride Park rears its ugly head again. I'm not sure why. Even the EFL agree that DCFC kept them aware of proceedings from start to finish. The club got an £85M valuation and were going to sell it for that amount. They put it to the EFL for them to sign off on. EFL responded with we'll agree to £80M. 

Did Mel vastly overspend? Yes.

Is that why we are now in Admin and saddled with a 12 point deduction? Yes.

We are, obviously, from different sides of the viewpoint on this and I understand that. However, folk aren't out to get DCFC, we know that because they keep saying so. Much of the blame for the current situation lies with Mel overspending. Spending roughly twice what we got in income. That is poor behaviour and we can't argue with the 12 points deduction for going into Administration. However, if linear depreciation of player values, as it seems, only became a rule this week, why did we get the £100K fine and instructions to resubmit amended accounts using linear depreciation as opposed to the sliding scale we had used since 2015? A method the EFL knew about from 2015 and never complained about until SG threatened them with a £100M+ lawsuit in 2019.

IMO, DCFC isn't totally innocent due to the vast overspend. However, if linear depreciation has only just become a rule, the club isn't as guilty as some would suggest.

2 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

At the extraordinary EFL meeting earlier this week, it appears they made linear depreciation of player values a rule. Does that mean it wasn't a rule, previously? If it wasn't, why did DCFC get fined £100K and ordered to resubmit all accounts from the 15/16 season onwards which led to us exceeding FFP and getting a 9 point deduction?

The sale of Pride Park rears its ugly head again. I'm not sure why. Even the EFL agree that DCFC kept them aware of proceedings from start to finish. The club got an £85M valuation and were going to sell it for that amount. They put it to the EFL for them to sign off on. EFL responded with we'll agree to £80M. 

Did Mel vastly overspend? Yes.

Is that why we are now in Admin and saddled with a 12 point deduction? Yes.

We are, obviously, from different sides of the viewpoint on this and I understand that. However, folk aren't out to get DCFC, we know that because they keep saying so. Much of the blame for the current situation lies with Mel overspending. Spending roughly twice what we got in income. That is poor behaviour and we can't argue with the 12 points deduction for going into Administration. However, if linear depreciation of player values, as it seems, only became a rule this week, why did we get the £100K fine and instructions to resubmit amended accounts using linear depreciation as opposed to the sliding scale we had used since 2015? A method the EFL knew about from 2015 and never complained about until SG threatened them with a £100M+ lawsuit in 2019.

IMO, DCFC isn't totally innocent due to the vast overspend. However, if linear depreciation has only just become a rule, the club isn't as guilty as some would suggest.

It was an unwritten rule - every club in every country uses straight line amortisation and it clearly didn't occur to them that a club would try anything else. Parry confirmed as much in his reply to one of your ramblers on your forum.

6 minutes ago, Brunners said:

It was an unwritten rule - every club in every country uses straight line amortisation and it clearly didn't occur to them that a club would try anything else. Parry confirmed as much in his reply to one of your ramblers on your forum.

Since when did unwritten rules have any foundation in Law?

1 minute ago, MadAmster said:

The linear depreciation/amortisation rule can be found here in the EFL statement of this week.

https://www.efl.com/news/2022/february/meeting-of-efl-championship-clubs/

I suspect it's just become an explicit rule because previously it was assumed that clubs would depreciate assets in the standard way, like all other businesses do. Similar to the way that there were a shed-load more accounting laws introduced into the US statute after Enron (who also chose their own rules on how to value assets, among other things).

Just because the laws weren't explicitly written down before, doesn't mean that what they were doing previously was legal.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Since when did unwritten rules have any foundation in Law?

Hey man, I'm not the EFL. All I know is every club everywhere uses straight line amortisation. I don't think you can be entirely surprised that trying something different got shut down.