Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Didn't  Gibson move some of Boro's debt to 2 other companies he owns to avoid problems with the EFL. A move that also meant those 2 firms had smaller profits and thereby paid less tax? 

I see this claim repeated regularly by your fans, it came from Mel Morris as he was in full defence mode after Gibson called his bluff. Bearing in mind how many of the things he said turned out to be lies, why do you cling to this as truth? I have looked at our accounts from the year in question and can't see anything to this effect, can you?

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the millionaires have called a draw in the biggest *** competition and we could get on with the football Enjoyed the day, observations, comforting to see the same fake stone island stall in De

my reply    

They'll be liquidated if there's not.

Posted Images

Quote

Didn't  Gibson move some of Boro's debt to 2 other companies he owns to avoid problems with the EFL. A move that also meant those 2 firms had smaller profits and thereby paid less tax? 

Is this in reference to 2016? If so, this comes up all the time. 

I'd like to see proof of this because no one has ever been able to supply any.

FURTHER, this is the defence Mel used when discussing the stadium sale, that we had used a LEGAL loophole at the time and it turns out Mel also used a LEGAL loophole for the stadium sale. It isn't a defence over what you did accept guilt for.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Is this in reference to 2016? If so, this comes up all the time. 

I'd like to see proof of this because no one has ever been able to supply any.

FURTHER, this is the defence Mel used when discussing the stadium sale, that we had used a LEGAL loophole at the time and it turns out Mel also used a LEGAL loophole for the stadium sale. It isn't a defence over what you did accept guilt for.

I seem to remember this was about corporation tax losses.
If you make a loss in a company, then you can carry that loss forward to future years and deduct it from any profit in that future year, so you only pay tax on the net profit after deducting the loss. In a group all owned by the same holding company, if one company makes a profit and is due to pay tax on it and another makes a loss, then instead of carrying that loss forward in the loss making company, you deduct the loss from the profit of the profitable  company and only pay tax on the net overall group profit.

Obviously Bulkhaul was making a lot of profit and paying tax, so SG deducted the losses of the company that owns Boro and only paid tax on the net profit of the overall group. This meant if Boro lost £20m in a year, the actual cost to SG was less as he saved tax on it.

All perfectly legal and done in all kinds of groups. The final twist though, is that  the profitable company that gets the tax losses and benefits sometimes  “pays” the loss making company for the tax losses. This could look as though SG was moving debt between companies - but its all normal throughout industry to do that and not something that bothers HMRC or the regulators in any way.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

"Stand up if you've paid your tax, Stand up if you've paid your tax, Stand up if you've paid your tax, Stand up if you've paid your tax!"

What about "stand up if you've paid some of your tax but tried to avoid some of it as well?"  Otherwise I might have to crouch or something 😳

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blanco said:

Any chance you could interpret that for me please? I couldn’t work out what they were saying 

When Gibson f*cking dies, when Gibson f*cking dies, we're all having a party, we're all having a party when Gibson f*cking dies.

  • Wow 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Will said:

When Gibson f*cking dies, when Gibson f*cking dies, we're all having a party, we're all having a party when Gibson f*cking dies.

Thanks Will. What a bunch of feckin Knobs. 
Now I’m in the hoping the tossers are liquidated camp

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Ew

 

 

Turn Pride Park into a Car Park I say.

There's apparently a covenant on it which binds it to being a football stadium.  I'd say you could add breach of covenant to their list of rule breaks as that place hasn't seen any football played in it for quite some time :P

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

it Was vile and disgusting, but is anyone shocked or surprised by a chant like this, if you are then I’m imagining you haven’t heard the chants about the sex abuse cases from the 80’s that happen every time certain folk of a striped disposition amble down the A19.

Or some of the ever so light hearted ones the Holgate used to blast out about Kevin Keegan, his wife, his children and maybe even his hamster, usually we either scored or almost scored before we got to the hamster verse.

Im neither supportive or hostile to this as this is the kind of stuff I grew up with in football, the flip side is the excellent witty non too offensive ones that spring up too.

February 12th or when ever the Rams come up to see us expect this before during and after the match, with more additional verses to this ditty and other words and tunes aimed at us, our club, chairman, heritage and even our taste in mascot.

I fully expect this match to have a vintage feel to it, and going to and from the game I would remind folk not everyone goes to the match with friends, so watch out for lone fans and maybe walk with them cos I fully expect some Ram with a disposition to agro will be watching them and you.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Naisby said:

it Was vile and disgusting, but is anyone shocked or surprised by a chant like this, if you are then I’m imagining you haven’t heard the chants about the sex abuse cases from the 80’s that happen every time certain folk of a striped disposition amble down the A19.

Or some of the ever so light hearted ones the Holgate used to blast out about Kevin Keegan, his wife, his children and maybe even his hamster, usually we either scored or almost scored before we got to the hamster verse.

Im neither supportive or hostile to this as this is the kind of stuff I grew up with in football, the flip side is the excellent witty non too offensive ones that spring up too.

February 12th or when ever the Rams come up to see us expect this before during and after the match, with more additional verses to this ditty and other words and tunes aimed at us, our club, chairman, heritage and even our taste in mascot.

I fully expect this match to have a vintage feel to it, and going to and from the game I would remind folk not everyone goes to the match with friends, so watch out for lone fans and maybe walk with them cos I fully expect some Ram with a disposition to agro will be watching them and you.

 

Think its the combo of the chant mixed with the situation thats got everyone riled up. Going to be spicy at the Riverside thats for sure!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Blanco said:

Thanks Will. What a bunch of feckin Knobs. 
Now I’m in the hoping the tossers are liquidated camp

As a Rams fan I find that "chant" totally unacceptable.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Latest Posts

    • John Ruddy been officially let go by Wolves it seems, I wouldn't be totally against him signing. Was always a Good Championship level keeper for both Wolves and Norwich. I read something regarding George Friend a few pages back the other day and I would be totally all for it, would add some great leadership and the fans would surely be right behind him still and as a left sided centre back I think he could do a real job for us even if just as a back up option. Also heard the Rhodes rumors and I personally believe he is a perfect Wilder Striker, such a hard worker and a great finisher. Which leads me to my final former Boro player, Ben Gibson. I again would love to see him return and think he could flourish in the left sided centre back role for Wilder's system. I do think the best options for those outside centre back roles are more suited to a full back converted/secondary centre back but at Sheff United Wilder didn't always have that option and was still greatly successful. If Fry was to leave Gibson would be great in the middle of the 3 of course.  
    • Very strange move, but apparently it's a three-year contract and for good money. He'll finish is career mid-table in the Championship.
    • Nothing mate. Just a hunch feeling. 
    • Heard something more or just speculating?

×
×
  • Create New...