oneBoro Forum

Derby County.

Forest fans throwing the fake fivers at them was class. Also loved how much better their display was than GoFundMe FC's sad little 'save our club' flag. 

Don't know why people are getting upset at their away fans - its good for us. It was just a matter of time before they showed everyone what tossers they are and lose any sympathy they'd built up. 

They will undoubtedly further embarrass their club at the Riverside too - assuming they still exist at that point. 

If they do limp their way to the 12th Feb, I'll be hoping for a rousing rendition of "Gibson's on fire - your accountant's terrified!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the millionaires have called a draw in the biggest *** competition and we could get on with the football Enjoyed the day, observations, comforting to see the same fake stone island stall in De

my reply    

Absolute scenes when this year's accounts are published and we were set to fail FFP by 3m until Mr Morris stepped in. Think that would turn the entirety of Derbyshire into the world's largest sal

Posted Images

Whether it’s tasteful or tasteless those kind of chants are going to be the kind of anthem to this match.

I would only say to fans of both clubs, remember that not every fan is or wants to be a target just for going to a match.

To some fans on both sides I think they will feel it’s a novelty and get carried away. There was a reason by the 80’s why attendances had dropped off and it was because some fans thought that it was funny and acceptable to overstep the mark. 

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

As a Rams fan I find that "chant" totally unacceptable.

Apologies for my hostility earlier, you seem like a cool guy.

I still want your club liquidated though. It's okay, you could become a Boro fan 😃

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Naisby said:

Whether it’s tasteful or tasteless those kind of chants are going to be the kind of anthem to this match.

I would only say to fans of both clubs, remember that not every fan is or wants to be a target just for going to a match.

To some fans on both sides I think they will feel it’s a novelty and get carried away. There was a reason by the 80’s why attendances had dropped off and it was because some fans thought that it was funny and acceptable to overstep the mark. 

You're right but teams like Derby will lose sympathy when videos like the one above are posted online. 

The chants don't really upset me but then again I won't be particularly bothered if Derby go bust either.

If they disappeared from the football league then things will carry on as normal and I think the only other club that will notice their absence is Forest. 

I'm sure they'd reform as a phoenix club and work their way back up the leagues, eventually they'd get back to a similar level as they have the fanbase to support a second tier club.

I'd feel sorry for the people losing their jobs more than anything, but I'm sure most of us have lost jobs at some point in life and we just have to get on with it. 

I don't think they'll go bust anyway I'm sure they'll be someone to bail them out. 

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Apologies for my hostility earlier, you seem like a cool guy.

I still want your club liquidated though. It's okay, you could become a Boro fan 😃

slap penguins GIF

Behave yourself young man! 😝

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, Naisby said:

it Was vile and disgusting, but is anyone shocked or surprised by a chant like this, if you are then I’m imagining you haven’t heard the chants about the sex abuse cases from the 80’s that happen every time certain folk of a striped disposition amble down the A19.

Or some of the ever so light hearted ones the Holgate used to blast out about Kevin Keegan, his wife, his children and maybe even his hamster, usually we either scored or almost scored before we got to the hamster verse.

Im neither supportive or hostile to this as this is the kind of stuff I grew up with in football, the flip side is the excellent witty non too offensive ones that spring up too.

February 12th or when ever the Rams come up to see us expect this before during and after the match, with more additional verses to this ditty and other words and tunes aimed at us, our club, chairman, heritage and even our taste in mascot.

I fully expect this match to have a vintage feel to it, and going to and from the game I would remind folk not everyone goes to the match with friends, so watch out for lone fans and maybe walk with them cos I fully expect some Ram with a disposition to agro will be watching them and you.

That's assuming they still exist... 

2 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

That's assuming they still exist... 

They will, there was never a real fear they were going to be liquidated, the biggest hurdle was always how much money back was MM going to get, and could his cronies get a Consortium agreed so he could still pull the strings.

unlike Boro in 86, there have been no court winding up cases, only an EFL public warning about funds to the administrators. 3 buyers who want the club, all just wrangling over the price.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Naisby said:

They will, there was never a real fear they were going to be liquidated, the biggest hurdle was always how much money back was MM going to get, and could his cronies get a Consortium agreed so he could still pull the strings.

unlike Boro in 86, there have been no court winding up cases, only an EFL public warning about funds to the administrators. 3 buyers who want the club, all just wrangling over the price.

Spoil sport 

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, Blanco said:

Thanks Will. What a bunch of feckin Knobs. 
Now I’m in the hoping the tossers are liquidated camp

That is disgusting...but I'm assuming (hoping) its just the scumbag element and not representative of Derby fans as a whole.

You always get some eejits in any fan base, sadly.

• Like 2

Our away fans have an element that would and do think that’s fine and nothing wrong with it.

Im of an age where that was done every match and it wasn’t even considered, let alone considered in bad taste.

To me it’s the unintended consequences of this that annoy me tbh, when random supporters through banter and brew get to the stage where fans who are just going to or from the match or even folk that haven’t been are left remembering the match for the wrong reasons.

• Like 3
47 minutes ago, Naisby said:

Our away fans have an element that would and do think that’s fine and nothing wrong with it.

Im of an age where that was done every match and it wasn’t even considered, let alone considered in bad taste.

To me it’s the unintended consequences of this that annoy me tbh, when random supporters through banter and brew get to the stage where fans who are just going to or from the match or even folk that haven’t been are left remembering the match for the wrong reasons.

A long time ago at Ayresome Park me and my old man had season tickets in the South Stand Upper and in front of us were some very questionable characters.  I was mid-teens at the time and these guys were a mixture of hilarious and horrific, so far over the line they would have been banned for life these days.  Anyway someone must have complained to the club about them and they somehow got the surname of whoever it was and for going on two whole seasons they ranted and abused this guy/women without knowing who they were around them.  Every home match was just a constant stream of "stand up Hutchinson, show us who you are,  you ******" etc etc.  No one ever stood up 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
1 minute ago, LOAM said:

A long time ago at Ayresome Park me and my old man had season tickets in the South Stand Upper and in front of us were some very questionable characters.  I was mid-teens at the time and these guys were a mixture of hilarious and horrific, so far over the line they would have been banned for life these days.  Anyway someone must have complained to the club about them and they somehow got the surname of whoever it was and for going on two whole seasons they ranted and abused this guy/women without knowing who they were around them.  Every home mach was just a constant stream of "stand up Hutchinson, show us who you are you ******" etc etc.  No one ever stood up 😂😂😂😂

Ahh the South stand Upper, where the posh chicken runner sat. 😅

• Like 1