• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the millionaires have called a draw in the biggest *** competition and we could get on with the football Enjoyed the day, observations, comforting to see the same fake stone island stall in De

my reply    

Absolute scenes when this year's accounts are published and we were set to fail FFP by 3m until Mr Morris stepped in. Think that would turn the entirety of Derbyshire into the world's largest sal

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Bosco's Tuft said:

By who? What if there just isn't any money or assets to pay anyone?

Not just in this situation but generally. 

I would think that they will have been submitting their bills to be paid as they go, from running costs.

They essentially have no assets and even buying Derby for £1m will put you on the hook for about £60m. They're about to be in league one on -15 points, the only attractive thing about the club is a large(ish) fanbase and history. If you were looking to buy a league one club surely there are much better prospective buys where the money invested would go a lot further. Really don't want a fellow team and fanbase to lose their club but it's looking increasingly likely...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
4 hours ago, Brunners said:

So the Extra 20m is the stadium. Derby County have debts of £30m just on the club, but anyone wanting to buy the club has to stump up another 20m on top of that to buy the ground, making it unviable financially for most people.

Admin get paid anyway, they're guaranteed creditors essentially, whatever happens they walk away with money. I believe Derby have been taking out further loans with MSD while in Admin though, so there's at least the 5m from that loan added in debt.

Nitpicking but a couple of points.

The £20m is loans from MSD to Derby that were secured against the stadium

They also owe almost all of the fee that they agreed for Bielik, which Arsenal very kindly agreed to delay until they were able to pay it. They also owe almost all of the fee that they agreed for Jozwiak, again the club they bought from kindly agreed to postpone payment. Arsenal will be covered by the football creditors guarantee but I have read elsewhere that Poznan will not be covered by this and will most likely be left without a penny despite Derby recently selling him on for about £2m.

The £30m you talk of is just to HMRC, there are more debts owed, I think the Telegraph reported that there is at least £60m in debt and I've seen other reports of it being over £80m.

I don't think our club would attract offers much over £80m even right now, and we have a valuable playing squad, a stadium we own and a fantastic modern training ground we also own. Convincing someone to commit anywhere near that kind of money to a club that will almost definitely start next year on -15 points in League One with a squad that is going to be stripped again in the summer is an extremely tall order.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Bosco's Tuft said:

By who? What if there just isn't any money or assets to pay anyone?

Not just in this situation but generally. 

If there is no money, you don’t as a director put the company into administration. You cease trading immediately and put it into liquidation. The company cannot do anything then and the liquidator simply disposes of any assets and takes his fees out of that before allocating any surplus. As there is no trading, the liquidator has much less to do and therefore much reduced fees. Technically, if there are no assets at all, the directors are responsible for the liquidators fees, I think. Usually though even if the liabilities are much bigger than the assets, there are some assets - machinery or stock and debtors that can enable the liquidator to get paid.

in Derbys case, the administrator knew there was money to be made from selling players, if nothing else, that would pay his fees. That allowed them to start work and assess how long the club could trade for, whilst trying to sell it as a going concern.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Brunners said:

"attempts by some parties to delay and undermine the process".

The administrators?

I still expect Morris to ride in on a white horse and ‘save’ the club. 

• Like 2

Swansea (A)

Fulham (H)

QPR (A)

Bristol (H)

Blackpool (A)

Cardiff (H)

Reckon they need 4 wins out of 6 to be in with a chance of staying up..

Course the ideal finale would be for Uche to score a last minute winner and send them down by a point

to be fair, they are making a fight of it, but could be sorted in next three games