oneBoro Forum

Derby County.

.... not to mention the fact Chelsea are in the Champions League again and will be top6 in the PL again next season. Derby will be in League 1. Are you really surprised Chelsea got sorted quicker especially considering that the government weren't intending to extend the period of permitting Chelsea to trade.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the millionaires have called a draw in the biggest *** competition and we could get on with the football Enjoyed the day, observations, comforting to see the same fake stone island stall in De

my reply    

Absolute scenes when this year's accounts are published and we were set to fail FFP by 3m until Mr Morris stepped in. Think that would turn the entirety of Derbyshire into the world's largest sal

Posted Images

Yep - very different situations. Chelsea had the advantage of being a big PL club, involved in European competition. But first and foremost, it was the government's decision to sanction Abramovich, putting the club in that position. Would reflect badly on them if it wasn't sorted as quickly as possible.

Whereas few people outside of the fanbase care about Derby, or how long it takes to dig themselves out of the hole created by Morris. Anyway, hope Kirchner is able to get a grip on the situation and get the club back on an even keel as soon as possible.

• Like 1
On 6/3/2022 at 3:48 PM, AnglianRed said:

Yep - very different situations. Chelsea had the advantage of being a big PL club, involved in European competition. But first and foremost, it was the government's decision to sanction Abramovich, putting the club in that position. Would reflect badly on them if it wasn't sorted as quickly as possible.

Whereas few people outside of the fanbase care about Derby, or how long it takes to dig themselves out of the hole created by Morris. Anyway, hope Kirchner is able to get a grip on the situation and get the club back on an even keel as soon as possible.

aye exactly chelsea situation is forced by the government so there is extra pressure to push it through when they can, derbys situation is down to their owners own fault so its more a case of let the administrators do what they paid for and sell it on or liquidate it

mad how a fan has bought the stadium, would of thought that be a bit of a risk unless they some contracted terms that would force the sale if the new owners wanted to buy it now. 

• Like 1

doesn't seem to be any evidence of a fan buying the ground..  all I could come up with was the council were in negotiations with Morris..  wonder if anyone else can find something ,  or it could just be another rumour

I’m sorry, I’m not really clued up on this stuff about derby county, what’s the worst that could happen? Could they actually cease to exist? 

2 minutes ago, "KM" said:

I’m sorry, I’m not really clued up on this stuff about derby county, what’s the worst that could happen? Could they actually cease to exist? 

If they don't get taken over they won't be able to pay any of their creditors most notably HRMC and thus I can't see any other way out than the business will fold just like any other business. It's weird though because it was all Gibsons fault and as soon as his claim was gone the takeover would be easily done.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
2 minutes ago, "KM" said:

In a nutshell….. Yes. They have huge debts, no owner, they don’t own their training ground or Pride Park. They are in deep trouble if a rich sugar daddy doesn’t come along to bail them out.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
4 minutes ago, "KM" said:

That's a possibility yes.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, "KM" said:

they have one super hero who could save the day

_methode_times_prod_web_bin_11b9c8da-602f-11e7-b6f8-8145f3f5d431.jpg

6 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Alan Nixon seems to think it's just a delay rather than a collapse.

I am astounded that Alan Nixon has the capacity for free thought!

• Haha 3
4 hours ago, Rob said:

they have one super hero who could save the day

_methode_times_prod_web_bin_11b9c8da-602f-11e7-b6f8-8145f3f5d431.jpg

family guy vomit GIF No No No GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

Although I guess if the alternative is oblivion, making a deal with Mike "Lucifer" Ashley is preferable. Anyone know if he's still interested?