oneBoro Forum

Derby County.

3 hours ago, Gandalfthegrey said:

If Derby fail to cover the payroll, then they can be expelled as Bury were. 

Yes - because the payroll is classed as football debts, so have to be paid in total. It is an interesting oddity though that the deductions from those wages due to HMRC aren’t classed as football debts, so are only part of unsecured creditors

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the millionaires have called a draw in the biggest *** competition and we could get on with the football Enjoyed the day, observations, comforting to see the same fake stone island stall in De

my reply    

Absolute scenes when this year's accounts are published and we were set to fail FFP by 3m until Mr Morris stepped in. Think that would turn the entirety of Derbyshire into the world's largest sal

Posted Images

I think the Hearts buy out went to half an hour before the deadline; Derby will be similar if they succeed. Ashley seems serious; but the administrators don't seem keen on him. I read about his contract case a few years ago where multi million pound negotiations took place over a huge drinking session in a Derbyshire pub; I recall that people were passing out and Ashley himself ended up vomiting into a fireplace. He cant be easy to deal with; who knows how this will end up. I suspect the administrators put too much faith in Kircher and didn't want to end up in the last chance saloon with Ashley. If I was them I'd keep well clear of the fireplace.

• Like 1

I don't think the payroll issue is that relevant. Bury were in administration, failed to cover the payroll and were thrown out of the league. Derby have covered the payroll every month; last month they needed a mysterious benefactor. As they won't be able to enter the season for practical reasons (insufficient players) the issue of whether they can complete the season and cover the wages won't apply. The purchase of the club will have to be completed before then. Derby's problem is the size of the debt, the complications and the short timescale. 

15 hours ago, Gandalfthegrey said:

I think the Hearts buy out went to half an hour before the deadline; Derby will be similar if they succeed. Ashley seems serious; but the administrators don't seem keen on him. I read about his contract case a few years ago where multi million pound negotiations took place over a huge drinking session in a Derbyshire pub; I recall that people were passing out and Ashley himself ended up vomiting into a fireplace. He cant be easy to deal with; who knows how this will end up. I suspect the administrators put too much faith in Kircher and didn't want to end up in the last chance saloon with Ashley. If I was them I'd keep well clear of the fireplace.

well they will probably rather deal with someone else because ashley has been through this process with lots of non football businesses again and again and again, so he going to be a touch cookie to score points against to get maximum value, but if there is no serious competition anymore they dont really have any leverage other than time (which also works his way as well as they need him more than he needs them).

1 hour ago, Rob said:

well they will probably rather deal with someone else because ashley has been through this process with lots of non football businesses again and again and again, so he going to be a touch cookie to score points against to get maximum value, but if there is no serious competition anymore they dont really have any leverage other than time (which also works his way as well as they need him more than he needs them).

Ashley doesn't think the Administrators are worth the fees they're being paid so won't pay them, so they don't like him.

5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Ashley doesn't think the Administrators are worth the fees they're being paid so won't pay them, so they don't like him.

well he probs has leverage to reduce it down by a mill or 2, thats all that is about, putting pressure on them to take less, might work.

4 hours ago, Rob said:

BBC are reporting that Andy Appleby's bid is now apparently the "preferred" option.

Looking on Twitter Derby fans don't seem thrilled about it. Some would still prefer Ashley, others aren't so keen on him.

The fact he doesn't want to pay Quantuma's admin fee (at least not all of it) means he's definitely in the background...for now...

6 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

BBC are reporting that Andy Appleby's bid is now apparently the "preferred" option.

Looking on Twitter Derby fans don't seem thrilled about it. Some would still prefer Ashley, others aren't so keen on him.

The fact he doesn't want to pay Quantuma's admin fee (at least not all of it) means he's definitely in the background...for now...

i think fans just want him as know he will complete if can agree terms and must not be far behind the last guys offer if he wanted to chip in on his offer

1 hour ago, Hendrie_7 said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/06/16/mike-ashley-launches-high-court-claim-against-quantuma-administrator/

"Exclusive: Mike Ashley launches High Court claim against Quantuma administrator Carl Jackson
Former Newcastle United owner claims Jackson made false representations over Derby County takeover interest"

Lmao that's Ashley not saving them, then.

Not looking good, is it?

4 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

So just how much longer will this charade be allowed to continue?

Surely there is a time limit?

I think it’s something like 2 years from entering administration Alan. Unless the EFL decide not to let them start the season if they believe that it were unlikely that they could finish it?

1 hour ago, Blanco said:

I think it’s something like 2 years from entering administration Alan. Unless the EFL decide not to let them start the season if they believe that it were unlikely that they could finish it?

In order to be admitted to the league for this season the club would have to prove they can finance the whole season. If they can do that then the hard time limit would be the start of the season after as there is a rule about not being able to start more than one season in administration, I believe.

• Thanks 1

How on earth can the EFL seriously publish a fixture list including one Club with no ground, no money and 5 Players?

I wonder if Oneboro said to the EFL that we can play on Eston Recreation ground, pull together ten or twenty of us on here and can chip in a Tenner each can we have Derby's place in League One would they consider it? I know I'm being flippant but on paper we are a safer bet to complete the season than the state DCFC are in right now!