oneBoro Forum

Next seasons kit

8 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Oh for the days when they used to have models parading around the pitch at half times in Kits for the fans to vote for their favourite for next season. Customer engagement, who'd have thought it!

Sounds like that could be back season after next, going by what they said when we asked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spot on that man, The band is the sole reason i started supporting Boro. When i was about 7 or 8 when everyone in school was a Liverpool, Man Utd or Leeds fan, I got a Cork Gaelic  Jersey, Got my mam

I am shocked that you hold such an opinion!

Boro kits will be revealed on Tuesday 

Posted Images

13 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Sounds like that could be back season after next, going by what they said when we asked.

It's low cost and engages with the fans and only a minimal extension of what currently happens only instead of keeping it behind closed doors letting fans have their say on something. It costs nothing apart from a few quid given to the models who like as not are probably Boro fans from a local college or maybe even existing employees in some capacity. There is (or was) a Fashion design course at Teesside Uni, it could even link in with that to give Students experience of a Marketing brief and working with a Manufacturer for a real life project, design, fabrics, function, aesthetics, colourways, style etc. etc.

In terms of a design brief I personally prefer tradition and to retain the old blue and black stripes just the way we should retain the band on the home kit. As an alternative to the "Inter Milan" stripes it would be interesting if they did an away tweak of the home kit in blue with a white band and then black piping/trim around the band, collar etc. or better still a white kit with a blue band and black trim. Either kit scenario would mean we didn't need a third kit plus it would prevent that red/green colour blind problem that even for people who aren't colour blind struggle to differentiate in certain light watching two sides like the recent Bournemouth away game.

• Like 1

I don’t care what colour we play but can we include a GPS to show the goal location and an altitude meter to keep the ball under the bar. Possibly a neck brace ensuring players look up. 

• Haha 3

Is there any reason why they can't make the white band a white hoop? Wasn't sure if TV dictates the numbers must be on a plain background. I've seen striped kits have a panel for the number on the back. I would love a white hoop on the home top 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, TheHolgate said:

Is there any reason why they can't make the white band a white hoop? Wasn't sure if TV dictates the numbers must be on a plain background. I've seen striped kits have a panel for the number on the back. I would love a white hoop on the home top 

Looks cheap and tacky and I never did like the white band around the chest. I thought it looked like a school year four project with two half shirts stitched together with left over bandages. Horizontal strips, fat while vertical help to look thin and given the fans diets they could do with a bit of help.  

37 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Looks cheap and tacky and I never did like the white band around the chest. I thought it looked like a school year four project with two half shirts stitched together with left over bandages. Horizontal strips, fat while vertical help to look thin and given the fans diets they could do with a bit of help.  

I don't know, I think a boob tube white band would help many of our fans as well as the women!

• Haha 2
53 minutes ago, Alves car salesman said:

Why is everyone so certain we’re moving back to Errea for kits?

I've been told by someone who should know that we are.

When was the last time Errea made Boro kits...our last PL season?

If so I quite like this one...

image.png.4a9b9c64a02b70e6a35580e227ae4b4c.png

To be honest I even like the following season's Adidas kit...

image.png.fdb0a4fea3a7f0910638a2a1fe1def4f.png

I guess I just like unusual, quirky designs...

That last Errea one, the badge on mine fell apart in the wash. I also bought it the day of the Man City 8-1 game because it already had Afonso Alves #12 on the back, then he scored a hat-trick.

Shame about the rest of his time here...

Given the amount of people who wear shirts all the time, would it be a good idea they did a design you can wear away from the ground. Hate to see people walking around in football shirts apart from the ground. A-bit like the women who wear PJ at the supermarket and school drop off

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
6 hours ago, Alves car salesman said:

Why is everyone so certain we’re moving back to Errea for kits?

were they upset that we fired Warnock?

15 hours ago, sanddancer said:

Given the amount of people who wear shirts all the time, would it be a good idea they did a design you can wear away from the ground. Hate to see people walking around in football shirts apart from the ground. A-bit like the women who wear PJ at the supermarket and school drop off

I think wearing PJs for the school run / shopping is just laziness, or just due to running late, or the kids being a pain in the ass.

For everyday wear, away from matches, how about a Boro Roary onesie? 😁

• Haha 1
On 5/11/2022 at 10:49 AM, AnglianRed said:

I think wearing PJs for the school run / shopping is just laziness, or just due to running late, or the kids being a pain in the ass.

For everyday wear, away from matches, how about a Boro Roary onesie? 😁

To be fair it would look better on some then the cheap see through leggings they wear. Good weather does bring out some questionable and frightening choice of clothing. 

• Like 1