oneBoro Forum

Next seasons kit

24 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

To be fair it would look better on some then the cheap see through leggings they wear. Good weather does bring out some questionable and frightening choice of clothing. 

The women arent much better:classic_unsure:

• Haha 5
  • Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spot on that man, The band is the sole reason i started supporting Boro. When i was about 7 or 8 when everyone in school was a Liverpool, Man Utd or Leeds fan, I got a Cork Gaelic  Jersey, Got my mam

I am shocked that you hold such an opinion!

Boro kits will be revealed on Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, MBG42 said:

Whatever the kit is at least we won't stoop this low...

What on earth is the point of a team that plays in Black and White Stripes having a White away kit? If they can't play in Black and White Stripes then surely they need a colour that is totally different like a Blue, Green Red, Turquoise, Amber or whatever to avoid a clash. There again maybe it's beggar all to do with away kits and all about politics and pandering. It's like Boro announcing Red and White Stripes as an away kit!

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

What on earth is the point of a team that plays in Black and White Stripes having a White away kit? If they can't play in Black and White Stripes then surely they need a colour that is totally different like a Blue, Green Red, Turquoise, Amber or whatever to avoid a clash. There again maybe it's beggar all to do with away kits and all about politics and pandering. It's like Boro announcing Red and White Stripes as an away kit!

Newcastle fans are convinced its a third kit that will just rake in the money from Saudi 'supporters' which would make more sense. The only team I can think of that they'll probably want to wear it against are Bournemouth, similar to how we had to.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, chickenlunch said:

personally, I think it's fake. Also, more importantly.. when are we likely to hear about the new boro kit?

Home kit was revealed on the 9th of June last year. Perhaps a similar date this time around? Or it might be slightly earlier with the season starting earlier than normal.

5 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Newcastle fans are convinced its a third kit that will just rake in the money from Saudi 'supporters' which would make more sense. The only team I can think of that they'll probably want to wear it against are Bournemouth, similar to how we had to.

That seems the most likely bet. I would imagine the only fans who would buy something like that would be Saudis. Hard to imagine they'll rake in loads from the sales though. A nice little side earner maybe...

Overseas fans - especially in countries that don't have long-established leagues tend to support large successful European clubs. If Newcastle are competing in the CL in a few years then maybe sales will really take off. Until then though..

2 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

That seems the most likely bet. I would imagine the only fans who would buy something like that would be Saudis. Hard to imagine they'll rake in loads from the sales though. A nice little side earner maybe...

Overseas fans - especially in countries that don't have long-established leagues tend to support large successful European clubs. If Newcastle are competing in the CL in a few years then maybe sales will really take off. Until then though..

Going by the number of Newcastle fans who have added the Saudi flag to their Twitter handles, I'm not so sure about this. They've fully embraced their new overlords

• Wow 1
1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

Going by the number of Newcastle fans who have added the Saudi flag to their Twitter handles, I'm not so sure about this. They've fully embraced their new overlords

Each to there own but personally I don’t see the issue in what colour they play in, or for that matter who the owners are given they were legally sanctioned by the government and FA. I don’t see what the difference is between other billionaire club owners, endorsements and the transfer of money etc. 

1 minute ago, sanddancer said:

Each to there own but personally I don’t see the issue in what colour they play in, or for that matter who the owners are given they were legally sanctioned by the government and FA. I don’t see what the difference is between other billionaire club owners, endorsements and the transfer of money etc. 

I mean the Saudi regime is literally so bad https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Saudi_Arabia

The majority of billionaires and their accumulation of wealth is shady, but I feel that Saudi is in such broad daylight but no one cares because money talks 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

I mean the Saudi regime is literally so bad https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Saudi_Arabia

The majority of billionaires and their accumulation of wealth is shady, but I feel that Saudi is in such broad daylight but no one cares because money talks 

Saudi is changing and I believe women can now drive but let’s not forget our own country has a checkered history and so do many others.  Evolution takes time. 

Given that the Premier League is one of the most watched divisions in world football, it stands to reason that more investors in the clubs in the top-flight would come from foreign climbs. Bearing in mind that some clubs may have more than one investor in them, here’s the current country of origin breakdown at the time of writing:

England: 15

USA: 7

Russia: 3

China: 3

Wales: 2

Iran: 1

Italy: 1

Iceland: 1

United Arab Emirates: 1

Thailand: 1

Switzerland: 1

13 hours ago, sanddancer said:

Given what we know about both the government and the FA that doesn't really count for a lot.

Also Saudi has a terrible human rights record.

Most billionaire owners I would guess have skeletons in their closets that they would rather stay hidden, but the Saudis are just plain terrible. Just ask the family of Jamal Khashoggi if you don't believe me.

The UK definitely has a chequered history but most of our dishonourable deeds happened a century or two ago. Also our social and political changes happened mainly due to internal pressure, caused by the free and open exchange of ideas made possible by a democratic government (as well as citizens' ability to protest & take militant actions).

Saudi I feel is mainly changing due to external pressure, because it doesn't want to become an international pariah. They are heavily reliant on other countries buying their oil and want to keep their customers on side.

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 1