oneBoro Forum

Next seasons kit

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Generic and crap, in my opinion.

We're already pretty generic with the white band but I don't mind that. In my eyes, it's simple things that make a good kit, it's not extravagance or someone spending too much time on it, it's minor alterations to a simple design.

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spot on that man, The band is the sole reason i started supporting Boro. When i was about 7 or 8 when everyone in school was a Liverpool, Man Utd or Leeds fan, I got a Cork Gaelic  Jersey, Got my mam

I am shocked that you hold such an opinion!

Boro kits will be revealed on Tuesday 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

We're already pretty generic with the white band but I don't mind that. In my eyes, it's simple things that make a good kit, it's not extravagance or someone spending too much time on it, it's minor alterations to a simple design.

We're virtually the only club in the country that has a white band, and it's a rarity around the world, how can it be generic?

It's the opposite.

Plenty of clubs play in plain red.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

We're virtually the only club in the country that has a white band, and it's a rarity around the world, how can it be generic?

It's the opposite.

Sorry, that's my misunderstanding of my own language. 🤣

I just meant that it's not exactly like a huge amount of work has gone into it, putting a band across a chest isn't awe-inspiring, it's just a very simple design. Just because we might be the only team who uses red with a white band doesn't make it special to me in any way.

I honestly couldn't care less about who else plays in plain red or if anybody else doesn't play in a white band. As long as we stick to red or red and white on the home kit and don't do anything too extravagant.

Plenty of teams play in red, plenty of teams play with red and white, I don't want us to change our colours because of that and I don't want us to pick a design because nobody else uses it. I just want the kit to look good and that's irrespective of what other teams are doing.

10 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It's the opposite.

I agree, can only think of Stuttgart who use a white band on a red shirt in some of their away kits in major other European leagues. 

I want a white band and a black and blue striped away shirt too. just give us the classics.  

• Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

just a mock up from twitter, but GIVE IT TO ME NOW

ooof.jpg

So long as it's not made out of whatever the *** the original version of that design was made out of. The itchiest damn shirt I've ever worn.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

Love that shirt, one of my all time favourites

It's about time we had the white band both front and back. That was Boro for me when I was a kid in the 70's. The band all the way around the shirt was pretty much unique to Boro?

17 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Sorry, that's my misunderstanding of my own language. 🤣

I just meant that it's not exactly like a huge amount of work has gone into it, putting a band across a chest isn't awe-inspiring, it's just a very simple design. Just because we might be the only team who uses red with a white band doesn't make it special to me in any way.

I honestly couldn't care less about who else plays in plain red or if anybody else doesn't play in a white band. As long as we stick to red or red and white on the home kit and don't do anything too extravagant.

Plenty of teams play in red, plenty of teams play with red and white, I don't want us to change our colours because of that and I don't want us to pick a design because nobody else uses it. I just want the kit to look good and that's irrespective of what other teams are doing.

Aye, fair enough, I personally think the band makes the kit very distinctive even without any added tweaks.

I actually think the club probably moves back to plain red every now and again to boost sales when they revert back.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Brunners said:

So long as it's not made out of whatever the *** the original version of that design was made out of. The itchiest damn shirt I've ever worn.

that's so true - it's so uncomfortable!

• Like 1