oneBoro Forum

Next seasons kit

58 minutes ago, Will said:

I'm meaning that the supplier always want their logo embroidered, because they know that the alternatives don't last. 

More likely that the Manufacturer finishes the garment to their specification complete with their logo and then the Shirts are shipped out to the Clubs who then Heat Seal their own individual badges, names, numbers, sponsors and whatever else they plaster over their shirts.

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spot on that man, The band is the sole reason i started supporting Boro. When i was about 7 or 8 when everyone in school was a Liverpool, Man Utd or Leeds fan, I got a Cork Gaelic  Jersey, Got my mam

I am shocked that you hold such an opinion!

Boro kits will be revealed on Tuesday 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

The White Band to Boro is the three pointed Star to Mercedes, the four rings to Audi or the Golden M to McDonald's. Stuttgart and Chicago Fire are the only two teams around the world that have anything similar. It would be marketing madness to go back to all red and become another Forest, United, Liverpool, Barnsley, Charlton etc. etc. 

Spot on that man, The band is the sole reason i started supporting Boro. When i was about 7 or 8 when everyone in school was a Liverpool, Man Utd or Leeds fan, I got a Cork Gaelic  Jersey, Got my mam to cut up & sew on a white bedsheet for a band! I thought i was the coolest kid on the block. Actually i still do😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 10
1 hour ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Never understood that Circumcision Leeds badge.

Looking back at it, it looks like they adopted it around the time Clough got involved? Just before Revie left. I bet Cloughie loved watching those 8 games, the players running round with bell-ends on their kit.

• Haha 2

Bit sad to see the back of Hummel. Liked the last few kits and appreciate that they give us a bespoke design, rather than Adidas' sunday league special kit with a Boro badge on.

Look forward to seeing the errea kit though. We did have some decent designs back in the day. Hope it's got a white band. I prefer that to the plan red. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Redcar Rioja said:

More likely that the Manufacturer finishes the garment to their specification complete with their logo and then the Shirts are shipped out to the Clubs who then Heat Seal their own individual badges, names, numbers, sponsors and whatever else they plaster over their shirts.

Your comment got me curious. I went and checked the shirt I bought a couple of seasons ago. The club badge is actually embroidered onto the shirt, while the Hummel logo is just heat sealed.

Also checked my really old (2004?) Dial-a-Phone shirt (with TLF's name & number on the back) and both the club badge and Errea logo are stitched on. Everything else is heat-sealed / glued.

Guess it just depends on the manufacturer.

And as for the 1998 repro top...everything's just printed! 😆

• Like 1

Just looking through a list of Errea's 21/22 kits and I really like how clean the MK Dons and Port Vale kits are. Nothing OTT about them, just a simple full colour design with some minor points around the collar and sleeves. They look really smart, to me.

image.png.e83410500ab56e66004bac61b5936d7d.png

image.png.74f63ea9edab50d3b1fa5cd513ecd918.png

• Like 2

My brain did a triple flip looking at this image. Wondered what the hell was going on before reading the message. Two more people making the plain red Garmin strip look good. Though I'm not sure anyone made it look better than the Turkish Delight.

27 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Just looking through a list of Errea's 21/22 kits and I really like how clean the MK Dons and Port Vale kits are. Nothing OTT about them, just a simple full colour design with some minor points around the collar and sleeves. They look really smart, to me.

image.png.e83410500ab56e66004bac61b5936d7d.png

image.png.74f63ea9edab50d3b1fa5cd513ecd918.png

What I like about both of those is the fact the sponsor changes colour to match the colours.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Alves car salesman said:

Anyone think the purple shirt could be a hint at the away kit as it’s strange one to be in the video!

or could they even return the badge on the sleeve again?

I hope not. That decision was sacrilege! 

• Like 1