• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spot on that man, The band is the sole reason i started supporting Boro. When i was about 7 or 8 when everyone in school was a Liverpool, Man Utd or Leeds fan, I got a Cork Gaelic  Jersey, Got my mam

I am shocked that you hold such an opinion!

Boro kits will be revealed on Tuesday 

Posted Images

If Errea come back and drop the band they will have just shot themselves in the foot from a PR perspective.

If it's not Banded then it's not Boro, and please no more Green away kits. Surely after the complaints this season about the difficulties for those who are visually impaired it would be blatantly immoral to go down that colourway again.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

If Errea come back and drop the band they will have just shot themselves in the foot from a PR perspective.

They won't though, will they? It's an entirely subjective thing, MFC's football top is not objectively better with a band on it. What you're really saying is you will disagree with it and a few others will too. Guarantee not enough people care about the band for it to be a 'PR disaster'.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:
11 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

They won't though, will they? It's an entirely subjective thing, MFC's football top is not objectively better with a band on it. What you're really saying is you will disagree with it and a few others will too. Guarantee not enough people care about the band for it to be a 'PR disaster'.

Exactly. I grew up in an era where we had no band more often than we had the band. Last time Errea did our kits we had 9 non-band kits and 6 band kits and 3 of those band kits came in a row at the end of their tenure meaning in their first 12 years doing our kit we only had a band in 3 of them.

In the late 80s early 90s we went a decade without a band - unless you count the full shoulders from 87-88 and 88-89.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

It's Brand identity and Clubs like Boro need all the Marketing they can get in a market unfairly skewed to only a few top sides. A recognised brand or image which stands out as unique is craved by multi billion dollar businesses around the Globe.

• Like 1
Just now, Redcar Rioja said:

It's Brand identity and Clubs like Boro need all the Marketing they can get in a market unfairly skewed to only a few top sides. A recognised brand or image which stands out as unique is craved by multi billion dollar businesses around the Globe.

I think they're more bothered about what division we're in than what shirt we're wearing, to be honest with you. If we were a consistent Premier League team with a consistently changing image then you'd have more of a point, I just don't think it makes enough of a difference at this level or, even if we went up this season, for a team which has spent one year in the last 13 years in the Premier League.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that the away kit will be blue and black, similar to 95/96.

Can't see us having green two seasons in a row.

would be really weird to seemingly tease the green one then wouldn't it?

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

would be really weird to seemingly tease the green one then wouldn't it?

It would, but I just don't see it. Especially with the difficulty for people with colour blindness being highlighted a few times this season.

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

It would, but I just don't see it. Especially with the difficulty for people with colour blindness being highlighted a few times this season.

(Also aren't green kits banned in Italy? Or at least Serie A. Can't see Errea doing green for that reason as well.)

5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think they're more bothered about what division we're in than what shirt we're wearing, to be honest with you. If we were a consistent Premier League team with a consistently changing image then you'd have more of a point, I just don't think it makes enough of a difference at this level or, even if we went up this season, for a team which has spent one year in the last 13 years in the Premier League.

May as well just throw the towel in with regards to MFC ambition and building something to be proud of and iconic to Teesside, we can just doff our caps accepting our second class status to the elite of the game.  

21 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

May as well just throw the towel in with regards to MFC ambition and building something to be proud of and iconic to Teesside, we can just doff our caps accepting our second class status to the elite of the game.  

Ah yes because the difference between that and where we are right now is having a white chest band. You are blowing this entirely out of proportion.

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Ah yes because the difference between that and where we are right now is having a white chest band. You are blowing this entirely out of proportion.

I'm not blowing anything out of proportion. It's very simple, it's called brand identity. You don't think it's important in todays Commercial world but I do. You like all red blandness and I like white banded boldness, we simply have different opinions on the topic.

Just now, Redcar Rioja said:

I'm not blowing anything out of proportion. It's very simple, it's called brand identity. You don't think it's important in todays Commercial world but I do. You like all red blandness and I like white banded boldness, we simply have different opinions on the topic.

You just catastrophised a point I made about comparing the level of commercial income being more significantly based on where we're placed in the football pyramid over our brand identity. Let's not forget that you're talking about competing with the top clubs, the elite. We're not competing with them. The real elite clubs could wear shirts with a turd emoji as a badge for a laugh and they'd still have no trouble challenging us for commercial opportunities.

So yeah, in my eyes, you're definitely blowing it out of proportion. Nobody is 'accepting second class status' by saying we're fine to take the white band off our shirt, it's just not important when comparing it to other factors, other factors which you have to take into consideration when you're talking about competing with the top clubs in the game. Nobody is weighing up their options of who to get into sponsorship/commercial deals based entirely on brand identity and nobody is going to recognise us as 'the club with the red shirt and white chest band' unless we're using it consistently at the top level. Lets get to the Premier League before we start making comments like 'PR disaster'.

• Like 1