• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spot on that man, The band is the sole reason i started supporting Boro. When i was about 7 or 8 when everyone in school was a Liverpool, Man Utd or Leeds fan, I got a Cork Gaelic  Jersey, Got my mam

I am shocked that you hold such an opinion!

Boro kits will be revealed on Tuesday 

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Even though I don't mind the shirt myself (which is funny as it's very similar to the 2017/18 one which I hated), it's a shame to see such a widespread bad reaction to it.

Lots of disappointed fans this morning.

most seasons i hear people moaning online, but usually see them sold out later in the year, I just think people never like change and always fight it, ive hated new kits plenty of times and then grown to really like them, the premier league one took a while to grow on me but when they were playing in it I thought it actually looked decent. 

7 minutes ago, Rob said:

most seasons i hear people moaning online, but usually see them sold out later in the year, I just think people never like change and always fight it, ive hated new kits plenty of times and then grown to really like them, the premier league one took a while to grow on me but when they were playing in it I thought it actually looked decent. 

The club don't help themselves with *** horrible photography year in, year out.

Exact same thing happened with the away kits last year. Looked horrible in the press photos, but actually looked semi alright when worn & seen in person.

As much as i dont like the home kit (although it may grow on me) thats where my emotions stop.  why is it online people only ever seem to be right at one end or the other when it comes to stuff. I cant be the only person that lives 99% of my life in a state of meh

• Like 2

I think as a way to boost income, the club should do multiple licensing agreements with different companies and institutions so that the fans can choose who they want on their replica tops.

The first team strip wouldn’t be effected but if you wanted ICI or Evening Gazette etc on your kit you could. 

Instead of doing an all encompassing deal for sponsorship you open it up to offer options. Yes I think the club would have to accept a lower price for the shirt sponsorship, but it’s time to think outside the box and accept that a 1 choice doesn’t sit well with all, but multiple options shouldn’t mean a drop in income either.

imagine you logging into the club shop website, you get to choose your size, then hit options tab and a whole host of alternatives appear, yes a premium might have to be paid but imagine being able to choose and position the logo and font size to your own liking. 

8 minutes ago, Uwe said:

As much as i dont like the home kit (although it may grow on me) thats where my emotions stop.  why is it online people only ever seem to be right at one end or the other when it comes to stuff. I cant be the only person that lives 99% of my life in a state of meh

Maybe you're just a rational human that doesn't feel the only way to express their feelings is through fake outrage?

• Like 2

I was really, really disappointed with the kit last season, but by the midway point it had grown on me and I now like it.

Hopefully it's similar this season with this one for other people, but I do think the simplicity of it probably means there's not that much that can grow on you.

7 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

Maybe you're just a rational human that doesn't feel the only way to express their feelings is through fake outrage?

How dare you say my outrage is fake!!!!!!!

Ultimate Warrior 80S GIF by WWE

Haven't really seen any 'outrage'. More that it's just pretty meh and lazy, plus the massive sponsor looks poo as on most kits.

And it does look better in the club-shop photos than on Rav - better proportioned somehow. First pic they released is a particular crap photo.

41 minutes ago, Will said:

I agree with this. It doesn't have to be a formulaic band, I was a big fan of the sash in 14/15 and I'd even say with better implementation (and certainly no bloody blue) the Colgate kit could've been alright. I liked the 19/20 throwback to the 87-90 home kits. Having the same band every year would be boring, but white has to be a prominent part of our shirt designs for me.

I agree with this.  I'm 39 so I don't know if that puts me in the "people of a certain age" bracket or not, but the kits I grew up with either had flashes of white down the sleeve, on the shoulders, as a bib style thing or later on with the band.  A Boro kit to me has to be about 2/3 red and 1/3 white, not just red with white collar and a flash of white on shorts.

• Like 3