oneBoro Forum

Next seasons kit

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Away kit revealed today do we reckon? 9am?

Think Errea said it would be in the coming weeks. So doubt it would be this early. Probably a few days before July 8th 

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spot on that man, The band is the sole reason i started supporting Boro. When i was about 7 or 8 when everyone in school was a Liverpool, Man Utd or Leeds fan, I got a Cork Gaelic  Jersey, Got my mam

I am shocked that you hold such an opinion!

Boro kits will be revealed on Tuesday 

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Brunners said:

I have read it and agree with you. 

I still don't think the white band NEEDS to be on the kit personally, and believe anyone who does usually is of..ahem...a certain age.

Gotta love your casual bigotry of dismissing any option that you don’t agree with down to someone’s age 😉

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Gotta love your casual bigotry of dismissing any option that you don’t agree with down to someone’s age 😉

All bigotry should be casual!

Whenever the white band is used its destroyed by using it as a vehicle for the sponsor. I'd much rather have the white shoulders with the sponsor in plain print. Along with white shorts this would identify the team just as well as the white band.

6 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Yeah unfortunately our kit has been made to accommodate the sponsor, and not the other way round. 2 lines of sponsor…really? 

Fully agree except that it's even worse, it's three lines of Sponsor.

The Club need to determine the size of the band and the area which can be used for Sponsorship, not the size of area the Sponsor wants to get three lines of writing on and then making the band fit the Sponsors advertising which is what this looks like.

One line, one logo for me, keep the straplines for elsewhere in their campaigns. For example Coca Cola is fine but not "it's the real thing" underneath. Thinking about it Coca Cola would fit nicely in the band and even colour coordinate with the Boro kit, maybe our Marketing team should go chase them with the idea?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Uwe said:

I'm not dismissing anything and it isn't bigotry either. It's just true. With some exceptions obviously, but most of the people who are staunchly white band grew up in the 70s.

Vickers agrees with me.

For fans of that era a ‘proper’ Boro shirt has a white band on it. There is no question about that.

In the same vein, usually you will find that people who either don't like it or don't mind either way are likely around the same age as me & grew up in the 90s & early 2000s where we had 2 bands in 14 years before a run of 3 in a row in the mid 00s.

For some of us, it just wasn't part of our identity for any great period of time during the years our love for Boro was imprinted on us. For others it was, it's not bigotry to point that out.

Agree with Brunners..  a lot does depend on kit at the time that people started supporting the team..  there was no white band for my first decade, but have to admit, I prefer the shirt with a band. wouldn't object to a Peru diagonal or even a Feyenoord look. Too much red means we are one of the herd, so anything within reason that makes us different is good.  don't forget though that the next step after being "a certain age" is being "an uncertain age" 🙂 ... (I know several people that have remained the same age for a number of years and most have one thing in common)  

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I'm not dismissing anything and it isn't bigotry either. It's just true. With some exceptions obviously, but most of the people who are staunchly white band grew up in the 70s.

Vickers agrees with me.

In the same vein, usually you will find that people who either don't like it or don't mind either way are likely around the same age as me & grew up in the 90s & early 2000s where we had 2 bands in 14 years before a run of 3 in a row in the mid 00s.

For some of us, it just wasn't part of our identity for any great period of time during the years our love for Boro was imprinted on us. For others it was, it's not bigotry to point that out.

Woah. I thought the wink emoji would have denoted that the comment was entirely tongue in cheek. 
But I suppressed there’sa certain generation that take things posted on the Internet far too personally 🤪🤪

disclaimer this post is also tongue in cheek 👍

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Think Errea said it would be in the coming weeks. So doubt it would be this early. Probably a few days before July 8th 

I can’t understand this, surely you want to get the shirt out as soon as possible to maximise time for sales. 

9 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

I can’t understand this, surely you want to get the shirt out as soon as possible to maximise time for sales. 

There's a good chance given the manufacturer is Italian that they have supplied us a sample batch for marketing and launch but we can't get stock for 3 weeks.

9 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I agree, the white band is just a way of compromising things…it’s a safety net…design an awful kit but keep the ever popular white band to appease the masses…it’s a horrible kit it’s a cheap looking bag of old nonsense that would probably be more at home in league 1.  

Good job there are far more important things to worry about though. 

That encompasses a lot about how I feel about the white band situation. Especially because it just feels like the white band has been expanded purely to fit the huge sponsor into it, just like RAMSDENS CURRENCY.

I think to be fair though, there's a fair few band-ites who also hate it. But I also think there's now a lot of pushback on a sponsor who has paid the club to be on the shirt. We don't know anything about that but I'd rather the club were paid more money from a sponsor to fit a bigger logo onto the shirt, especially if... haha, I can't believe I'm even suggesting this... but if it was felt by easing the fan's pocket. 🤣

Obviously we know that's not really how it's working out right now but it still feels too simplistic and easy to suggest we should tell sponsors they can only fit to our demands when they're the ones paying us money to be there. We are better off making a shirt that accommodates that and manages to look better with the sponsor than sticking to this silly frame that we have to fit any sponsor into because ultimately, if the sponsor doesn't look 'good' inside the white band, the kit is exponentially worse.

That doesn't mean we have to go with the all-red approach I suggested either but there's no way this kit can look good with that specific sponsor on that shirt.

And after 3-4 paragraphs of discussion, I think it's now right to say "Of course, Billy is right and that this really doesn't matter at all in the grand scheme of things!" 😅

1 hour ago, DevKWat said:

I suspect it's down to deliberate Marketing. If they launched both kits simultaneously in most sales scenarios the customer would be in an "either or" mind frame. Launching one means if they want the new Boro shirt they will buy it.

Waiting a few weeks (even deviously into the next paycheck) there are Customers who will prefer it and will buy the away shirt as well. It will also get more footfall through the shop and with it no doubt more sales of additional Boro paraphernalia.

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

No Away kit launch today. Boooooo

I don't know why you thought there would be, the club literally said yesterday that the away kit would be released in the "coming weeks". There's no way they'd say that if they had a next day release planned lol.