oneBoro Forum

Next seasons kit

10 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Given what we know about both the government and the FA that doesn't really count for a lot.

Also Saudi has a terrible human rights record.

Most billionaire owners I would guess have skeletons in their closets that they would rather stay hidden, but the Saudis are just plain terrible. Just ask the family of Jamal Khashoggi if you don't believe me.

The UK definitely has a chequered history but most of our dishonourable deeds happened a century or two ago. Also our social and political changes happened mainly due to internal pressure, caused by the free and open exchange of ideas made possible by a democratic government (as well as citizens' ability to protest & take militant actions).

Saudi I feel is mainly changing due to external pressure, because it doesn't want to become an international pariah. They are heavily reliant on other countries buying their oil and want to keep their customers on side.

Don’t agree because the Government and FA apply and abide by the law. I’m not defending anyone just giving my opinion on bias when judging others. I don’t tend to form my opinions based on what the media publish. Those in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones comes to mind.
There is a difference between developed and developing countries and there is culture and religion to account. China, India, Vietnam, Pakistan have very poor human right records but I bet you own one or more of there products. 
Just a question. Would you know the date and year in KSA. Genuine question as it’s relative to how far down the line in its evolution development they are. 

Edited by sanddancer
  • Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spot on that man, The band is the sole reason i started supporting Boro. When i was about 7 or 8 when everyone in school was a Liverpool, Man Utd or Leeds fan, I got a Cork Gaelic  Jersey, Got my mam

I am shocked that you hold such an opinion!

Boro kits will be revealed on Tuesday 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, sanddancer said:

Don’t agree because the Government and FA apply and abide by the law. I’m not defending anyone just giving my opinion on bias when judging others. I don’t tend to form my opinions based on what the media publish. Those in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones comes to mind.
There is a difference between developed and developing countries and there is culture and religion to account. China, India, Vietnam, Pakistan have very poor human right records but I bet you own one or more of there products. 
Just a question. Would you know the date and year in KSA. Genuine question as it’s relative to how far down the line in its evolution development they are. 

what in the blue hell are you guys talking about this for in the 'NEXT SEASONS STRIP' thread lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

think it started with next season's Newcastle strip and rambled on from there..  can see both points but was always told two wrongs don't make a right so tend to agree with AR's stance 

58 minutes ago, T-CIDER said:

Gutted. Clicked in hope of some actual news on next seasons kit, like a leak, a photoshop or release date 😭

I heard from someone close to the club that the home kit is going to be red next season #ITK

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What ever the design I hope it’s designed with simplicity in mind and not handed to some young artistic graphic design college student or some WOKE left idealist. Just don’t bring back the white band I’ve put on weight and never liked the last one. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2
18 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

What ever the design I hope it’s designed with simplicity in mind and not handed to some young artistic graphic design college student or some WOKE left idealist. Just don’t bring back the white band I’ve put on weight and never liked the last one. 

What on earth does a "woke" football kit look like? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, sanddancer said:

What on earth are you talking about?  Same nonsense every summer with you, football finishes and you go off the rails, with weird daily mail style rubbish.

Left to you and we'd be in brown shirts.

55 minutes ago, macapes said:

What on earth are you talking about?  Same nonsense every summer with you, football finishes and you go off the rails, with weird daily mail style rubbish.

I take offence in your reply. If you have nothing constructive to say, say nothing macapes

• Like 1
1 hour ago, macapes said:

Didn't Coventry once play in Brown Shirts as an away kit back in the 70's?

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Didn't Coventry once play in Brown Shirts as an away kit back in the 70's?

A brown shirt is an accusation of being a nazi or encouraging fascism. Let’s not go there.  

Just now, sanddancer said:

A brown shirt is an accusation of being or encouraging a nazi. Let’s not go there.  

Yes let's not throw out weird political labels in a conversation about football shirts. Perhaps you should follow your own advice 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Yes let's not throw out weird political labels in a conversation about football shirts. Perhaps you should follow your own advice 🙄

Point taking.