Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Next seasons kit


Recommended Posts

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Generic and crap, in my opinion.

We're already pretty generic with the white band but I don't mind that. In my eyes, it's simple things that make a good kit, it's not extravagance or someone spending too much time on it, it's minor alterations to a simple design.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spot on that man, The band is the sole reason i started supporting Boro. When i was about 7 or 8 when everyone in school was a Liverpool, Man Utd or Leeds fan, I got a Cork Gaelic  Jersey, Got my mam

Boro kits will be revealed on Tuesday 

I am shocked that you hold such an opinion!

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

We're already pretty generic with the white band but I don't mind that. In my eyes, it's simple things that make a good kit, it's not extravagance or someone spending too much time on it, it's minor alterations to a simple design.

We're virtually the only club in the country that has a white band, and it's a rarity around the world, how can it be generic?

It's the opposite.

Plenty of clubs play in plain red.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

We're virtually the only club in the country that has a white band, and it's a rarity around the world, how can it be generic?

It's the opposite.

Plenty of clubs play in plain red.

Sorry, that's my misunderstanding of my own language. 🤣

I just meant that it's not exactly like a huge amount of work has gone into it, putting a band across a chest isn't awe-inspiring, it's just a very simple design. Just because we might be the only team who uses red with a white band doesn't make it special to me in any way.

I honestly couldn't care less about who else plays in plain red or if anybody else doesn't play in a white band. As long as we stick to red or red and white on the home kit and don't do anything too extravagant.

Plenty of teams play in red, plenty of teams play with red and white, I don't want us to change our colours because of that and I don't want us to pick a design because nobody else uses it. I just want the kit to look good and that's irrespective of what other teams are doing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

We're virtually the only club in the country that has a white band, and it's a rarity around the world, how can it be generic?

It's the opposite.

Plenty of clubs play in plain red.

I agree, can only think of Stuttgart who use a white band on a red shirt in some of their away kits in major other European leagues. 

I want a white band and a black and blue striped away shirt too. just give us the classics.  

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

just a mock up from twitter, but GIVE IT TO ME NOW

ooof.jpg

So long as it's not made out of whatever the *** the original version of that design was made out of. The itchiest damn shirt I've ever worn.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

Love that shirt, one of my all time favourites

 

It's about time we had the white band both front and back. That was Boro for me when I was a kid in the 70's. The band all the way around the shirt was pretty much unique to Boro?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Sorry, that's my misunderstanding of my own language. 🤣

I just meant that it's not exactly like a huge amount of work has gone into it, putting a band across a chest isn't awe-inspiring, it's just a very simple design. Just because we might be the only team who uses red with a white band doesn't make it special to me in any way.

I honestly couldn't care less about who else plays in plain red or if anybody else doesn't play in a white band. As long as we stick to red or red and white on the home kit and don't do anything too extravagant.

Plenty of teams play in red, plenty of teams play with red and white, I don't want us to change our colours because of that and I don't want us to pick a design because nobody else uses it. I just want the kit to look good and that's irrespective of what other teams are doing.

Aye, fair enough, I personally think the band makes the kit very distinctive even without any added tweaks.

I actually think the club probably moves back to plain red every now and again to boost sales when they revert back.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Brunners said:

So long as it's not made out of whatever the *** the original version of that design was made out of. The itchiest damn shirt I've ever worn.

that's so true - it's so uncomfortable!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty much all our greatest moments have came wearing all red, keep the white band to go with it and that should be a constant for this club. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...