Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Next seasons kit


Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

That blue and claret looks a bit West Hammy / Burnley-ish...¬†ūüėÜ

Man City often had Claret trim in their kit. In the 1970's and the days or Franny "dive" Lee, Colin Bell, Mike Summerbee, and Mike Doyle (the Seniors) they had Sky Blue shirts, White shorts and Sky Blue socks with Claret fold down tops with two white rings around them. Always seemed very smart looking and just that little bit subtly different especially for that era.

In the 50's their Away Shirt was Claret with Sky Blue pinstripes. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spot on that man, The band is the sole reason i started supporting Boro. When i was about 7 or 8 when everyone in school was a Liverpool, Man Utd or Leeds fan, I got a Cork Gaelic  Jersey, Got my mam

I am shocked that you hold such an opinion!

Boro kits will be revealed on Tuesday 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, LBP said:

I get the feeling that Errea will do a retro range of some of the old kits or that at least one of our kits this year will be a remake

Third kit. 92/93 is my guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Third kit. 92/93 is my guess.

When was the last time we had an actual third kit that wasn't just "a white one to wear once a year"? Have we ever actually had one like other clubs do?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

When was the last time we had an actual third kit that wasn't just "a white one to wear once a year"? Have we ever actually had one like other clubs do?

If Away Kits are designed correctly with some thought given to potential clashes we shouldn't need a third Kit at all. For example an all White kit with a Blue band all the way round with Black piping on the edge of the band. A negative of our Home kit in other words but utilising Blue and Black from the old Inter kit from the seventies. White, Blue and Black wouldn't clash with Red. A Blue/Black Band would differentiate from someone playing in say Red and White Stripes and even Bournemouth's Red and Black Stripes. Problem solved in one fell swoop!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

If Away Kits are designed correctly with some thought given to potential clashes we shouldn't need a third Kit at all. For example an all White kit with a Blue band all the way round with Black piping on the edge of the band. A negative of our Home kit in other words but utilising Blue and Black from the old Inter kit from the seventies. White, Blue and Black wouldn't clash with Red. A Blue/Black Band would differentiate from someone playing in say Red and White Stripes and even Bournemouth's Red and Black Stripes. Problem solved in one fell swoop!

Clashes will inevitably still happen and it feels like we haven't even got into the colour-blind solution yet either, going on what people were saying about our away kit this season. Each club could design generally with clashes in mind to mostly avoid the problem but I think it will still happen at some point.

Regardless though, most of those that make third kits surely aren't doing it to save from clashes? I don't know for sure but if anything they surely want more clashes because they can sell more kit to the same people. It's probably more about whether they'll actually make their costs back from investing in a third kit. They released the all white kit a few years ago at a premium cost and on a limited run and that's probably about as far as we would expect to go right now.

It's a shame though as I really loved the white kit with the red bits on it that we wore at Brentford in the play-offs in 2015, I just can't see us making that the only away kit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Man City often had Claret trim in their kit. In the 1970's and the days or Franny "dive" Lee, Colin Bell, Mike Summerbee, and Mike Doyle (the Seniors) they had Sky Blue shirts, White shorts and Sky Blue socks with Claret fold down tops with two white rings around them. Always seemed very smart looking and just that little bit subtly different especially for that era.

In the 50's their Away Shirt was Claret with Sky Blue pinstripes. 

Crikey - a bit before my time... 

Seems everyone's got the retro bug and wants to take a trip down memory lane...

#ThingsWereBetterInMyDay

 

18 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

If Away Kits are designed correctly with some thought given to potential clashes we shouldn't need a third Kit at all. For example an all White kit with a Blue band all the way round with Black piping on the edge of the band. A negative of our Home kit in other words but utilising Blue and Black from the old Inter kit from the seventies. White, Blue and Black wouldn't clash with Red. A Blue/Black Band would differentiate from someone playing in say Red and White Stripes and even Bournemouth's Red and Black Stripes. Problem solved in one fell swoop!

Except for losing the money from the whales who just have to buy third kits...¬†ūüėČ

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Clashes will inevitably still happen and it feels like we haven't even got into the colour-blind solution yet either, going on what people were saying about our away kit this season. Each club could design generally with clashes in mind to mostly avoid the problem but I think it will still happen at some point.

Regardless though, most of those that make third kits surely aren't doing it to save from clashes? I don't know for sure but if anything they surely want more clashes because they can sell more kit to the same people. It's probably more about whether they'll actually make their costs back from investing in a third kit. They released the all white kit a few years ago at a premium cost and on a limited run and that's probably about as far as we would expect to go right now.

It's a shame though as I really loved the white kit with the red bits on it that we wore at Brentford in the play-offs in 2015, I just can't see us making that the only away kit.

Clashes shouldn't happen. They have only started happening recently because of very poor Away kit colour choices and designs. Green (which is the Colour blind problem) was only for Goalkeepers therefore nobody played in Green apart from a few historical Clubs like Celtic, Hibs or Plymouth and even then only the Goalkeeper was required to change.

There again TV's were all black and white then so there were even more problems for the general public rather than just for those with colour blindness issues to deal with, incredibly we also used to watch Snooker on black and white Telly's. If my memory isn't playing tricks Goalkeepers were not allowed to wear Yellow shirts as that was the sole preserve for International Keepers (probably only the Home FA's in fairness).

For more years than I care to remember Liverpool's away kit was a white shirt with red collar and cuffs, black shorts and either red or white socks depending on who they were playing. Everton's was an Amber Yellow shirt and that was it. Nowadays Away kits are often an abomination and look more like a tart's knicker drawer than professional sportswear. If Clubs managed for decades without third kits there is no reason for them to have them now, even Boro managed with blue and black stripes without the need for a third kit for long enough. It doesn't take a Genius to work out potential colour/design clashes but laziness and commercial exploitation seem to take priority.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Clashes will inevitably still happen and it feels like we haven't even got into the colour-blind solution yet either, going on what people were saying about our away kit this season. Each club could design generally with clashes in mind to mostly avoid the problem but I think it will still happen at some point.

Regardless though, most of those that make third kits surely aren't doing it to save from clashes? I don't know for sure but if anything they surely want more clashes because they can sell more kit to the same people. It's probably more about whether they'll actually make their costs back from investing in a third kit. They released the all white kit a few years ago at a premium cost and on a limited run and that's probably about as far as we would expect to go right now.

It's a shame though as I really loved the white kit with the red bits on it that we wore at Brentford in the play-offs in 2015, I just can't see us making that the only away kit.

Was going to reply and say this exact thing - third kits aren't to help with colour clashes, they're to make more money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Clashes shouldn't happen. They have only started happening recently because of very poor Away kit colour choices and designs. Green (which is the Colour blind problem) was only for Goalkeepers therefore nobody played in Green apart from a few historical Clubs like Celtic, Hibs or Plymouth and even then only the Goalkeeper was required to change.

There again TV's were all black and white then so there were even more problems for the general public rather than just for those with colour blindness issues to deal with, incredibly we also used to watch Snooker on black and white Telly's. If my memory isn't playing tricks Goalkeepers were not allowed to wear Yellow shirts as that was the sole preserve for International Keepers (probably only the Home FA's in fairness).

For more years than I care to remember Liverpool's away kit was a white shirt with red collar and cuffs, black shorts and either red or white socks depending on who they were playing. Everton's was an Amber Yellow shirt and that was it. Nowadays Away kits are often an abomination and look more like a tart's knicker drawer than professional sportswear. If Clubs managed for decades without third kits there is no reason for them to have them now, even Boro managed with blue and black stripes without the need for a third kit for long enough. It doesn't take a Genius to work out potential colour/design clashes but laziness and commercial exploitation seem to take priority.

All of this may well be true mate but that last point is the killer for all of it.

'Exploitation' in this regard feels like the wrong word to me, though. It feels like quite a negative perception of third kits when I think they're actually just fulfilling a demand. People want them, they don't have to buy them, they like the alternative designs and 2 shirts a year is just 1 shirt not enough for some.

Up here, alternative shirt designs are keeping Vickers in a job right now too as he's doing a new book on all of ours, we've had the wonderful displays by Boro Shirt Museum at Base Camp in Boro which have gathered quite a lot of attention, as have the concepts done by designers and posted on social media.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Up here, alternative shirt designs are keeping Vickers in a job right now too as he's doing a new book on all of ours, we've had the wonderful displays by Boro Shirt Museum at Base Camp in Boro which have gathered quite a lot of attention, as have the concepts done by designers and posted on social media.

Do you mean Vickers as in AV or as in CT?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Screenshot_20220517-084745_Instagram.thumb.jpg.b41b4feb48947dfeb7c4b45b5bc674a2.jpg

 

This will probably appeal to some of the more traditional fans, but I can't stand the badge being in the centre, even if that's the way it used to be.

It should be over the heart.

Your heart is in the middle... Just saying ūüėõ

Boro's badge this year looks like it would be somewhere over the left lung

 

heart-diagram.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I did like the Errea half blue and black away strip we had. But not all of the errea shirts were any good. I am looking forward to the new kit though. 

 

And just to throw a hash¬†tag out there #NotEverythingWasGoodInYourDay ūü§£

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Humpty said:

Third kit. 92/93 is my guess.

I reckon it'll be a remake of an Errea kit

The 94/95 or 99/00 away kits my guesses

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Your heart is in the middle... Just saying ūüėõ

Boro's badge this year looks like it would be somewhere over the left lung

 

heart-diagram.jpg

The majority of the heart is to the left, even in that picture.

But I wouldn't want it that low, so I'll say it should be on the left breast instead.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...