oneBoro Forum

Next seasons kit

20 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

The White band debate will always be a thing, mainly among the older generation who obviously tie it to the Jack Charlton era. 

I'm under 40 (just) so I've personally experienced plenty of seasons without and with the band and to be honest, I don't have strong feelings either way.

I can see why some people do though and that's fine.

Same here.

I'm late 40s and started following Boro around 87-88 - just missed out on the liquidation crisis!

Done a check and since then we've had a white band on 12 kits (plus 3 "sashes") out of 33. So I don't see it as absolutely essential, but recognise there is a historical link there.

There are other ways Boro could differentiate themselves, if the club and kit makers wanted to get really creative, but for a bold, simple look, the white band is pretty distinctive. Its good but I don't view it as imperative for me to like a shirt.

• Like 1
  • Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spot on that man, The band is the sole reason i started supporting Boro. When i was about 7 or 8 when everyone in school was a Liverpool, Man Utd or Leeds fan, I got a Cork Gaelic  Jersey, Got my mam

I am shocked that you hold such an opinion!

Boro kits will be revealed on Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

Like I said before I think certain fans' perceptions are coloured by the era they started supporting Boro.

Presumably yourself included there.

You started following during one of the periods where the band was rarely used, so it matters less to you.

I was a teenager in the 2000s when the band made a big comeback.

I started following Boro late 80's/early 90's; so i grew up without the white band. In my opinion, i still think it's an essential piece of our identity.

Edited by Humpty
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

No proper collar, which disappoints me, but we'll see how the whole thing looks.

It'll be hard to be worse than most of Hummel's neckline efforts.

Only criticism i had of their shirts.

On 5/30/2022 at 6:51 PM, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that the away kit will be blue and black, similar to 95/96.

Can't see us having green two seasons in a row.

Looks like I was half correct!