oneBoro Forum

Next seasons kit

5 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

IMO we always look too much like Spurs with the white shirts and blue shorts.

I've never understood why they never did a St George's flag shirt - white with a big red cross on the front, red shorts and red & white socks. Never understood why we have blue in our kit.

Think the current all-red kit is a bit too monotone. The blue away kit is just awful and the white third kit is just too bland.

Just no creativity in kit design these days. 🙄

Rainbow Bridge GIF

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spot on that man, The band is the sole reason i started supporting Boro. When i was about 7 or 8 when everyone in school was a Liverpool, Man Utd or Leeds fan, I got a Cork Gaelic  Jersey, Got my mam

I am shocked that you hold such an opinion!

Boro kits will be revealed on Tuesday 

Posted Images

The need to tweek the look of kits every 2 to three years is purely money and fashion. But if you play in a single colour top your options for changes become limited.

I wonder how many designers when designing a kit for say Boro or Liverpool and are not football fans get the idea that wouldn’t it be great to give them hoops or stripes for a change😀

Changes like that are ok for change kits but imho not for your home kit. Would you like to see Boro run out in red and white stripes or hoops. Let alone buy the kit😔

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Rainbow Bridge GIF

That’s hypnotic, I wonder which team will be the first to get material you can do that to first and slip it in for a season before they get a rule change.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Naisby said:

The need to tweek the look of kits every 2 to three years is purely money and fashion. But if you play in a single colour top your options for changes become limited.

I wonder how many designers when designing a kit for say Boro or Liverpool and are not football fans get the idea that wouldn’t it be great to give them hoops or stripes for a change😀

Changes like that are ok for change kits but imho not for your home kit. Would you like to see Boro run out in red and white stripes or hoops. Let alone buy the kit😔

Being a traditionalist myself I agree the home kit should only ever undergo minor changes. Away and third kits give you plenty of scope to go nuts with the design.

2 minutes ago, Naisby said:

That’s hypnotic, I wonder which team will be the first to get material you can do that to first and slip it in for a season before they get a rule change.

I know you probably meant that as a joke, but with smartwear becoming a thing, I wonder how long it will be before we gets shirts that are like electronic advertising hoardings and can show multiple sponsors / designs?

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Naisby said:

Why England’s colours are Red and white, but we play in red and blue has always confused me. Blue isn’t a colour of England.

England have had blue in their kit from the very beginning of international football

They had navy socks in their first ever match, and wore blue in every kit for over half a century.

The three lions on the badge are blue, even the three lions on English heraldry have blue claws.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Brunners said:

There was an NFL game a while ago using "colour rush" uniforms that are essentially all one colour that ran into this problem. They put the all green New York Jets against the all red Buffalo Bills. Was an absolute nightmare for colour blind people!

jets-bills-color-rush.jpg

yes that's is a nightmare for my eyes greens and reds blend in really bad for me. i hate our green strip. i just hate green full stop. half the time it looks brown or red to me, grey looks green to me sometimes to. its shocking. i never noticed how bad it was until i bought some colourblind glasses. cost me 200 quid. after putting them on in my house i noticed the green table mats were grey, my wifes hair completely changed colour (red tint dye) and the dining room curtains were purple not blue. the green light on traffic lights is bright green to. without  the corrective glasses on it looks almost white to me. 

8 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

yes that's is a nightmare for my eyes greens and reds blend in really bad for me. i hate our green strip. i just hate green full stop. half the time it looks brown or red to me, grey looks green to me sometimes to. its shocking. i never noticed how bad it was until i bought some colourblind glasses. cost me 200 quid. after putting them on in my house i noticed the green table mats were grey, my wifes hair completely changed colour (red tint dye) and the dining room curtains were purple not blue. the green light on traffic lights is bright green to. without  the corrective glasses on it looks almost white to me. 

Can't imagine how annoying it must be having colours blend like that!! Sounds like those glasses were worth the money then?

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Being a traditionalist myself I agree the home kit should only ever undergo minor changes. Away and third kits give you plenty of scope to go nuts with the design.

I know you probably meant that as a joke, but with smartwear becoming a thing, I wonder how long it will be before we gets shirts that are like electronic advertising hoardings and can show multiple sponsors / designs?

It won’t be long, we have smart materials in use for years already, I’m pretty sure that someone will do this soon. You were right tho it was in humour I mentioned this, but technology and those with a will to use and exploit it will always be there. 

• Like 1

How amazing would it be if you could somehow tinker with opposition kits to diminish their effectiveness once the ref blows for kick-off. Imagine condemning visiting teams to playing in grey shirts (or something even more humiliating like black and white stripes).

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Brunners said:

There was an NFL game a while ago using "colour rush" uniforms that are essentially all one colour that ran into this problem. They put the all green New York Jets against the all red Buffalo Bills. Was an absolute nightmare for colour blind people!

jets-bills-color-rush.jpg

I thought that bottom screen shot was a time lapse of Daniel Ayala's defending!

4 hours ago, Dynamo Kev said:

i never noticed how bad it was until i bought some colourblind glasses. cost me 200 quid.

Can you buy goalblind glasses? Asking for a Friend, well not really a Friend as such but you know what I mean!

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

England have had blue in their kit from the very beginning of international football

They had navy socks in their first ever match, and wore blue in every kit for over half a century.

The three lions on the badge are blue, even the three lions on English heraldry have blue claws.

I knew it was traditional, but all other English teams have gone for the red and white scheme or all white. British teams use red white and blue, but the fact that the oldest internationals were England Scotland using blue always seemed odd. But hey a white top and red shorts even in Victorian and Edwardian times with their distinct colour choices wouldn’t have seemed out of place.

13 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Can you buy goalblind glasses? Asking for a Friend, well not really a Friend as such but you know what I mean!

Isle 4 next too the x-ray specs and whoopee cushions 😀

Edited by Naisby