oneBoro Forum

Club Crest Update?

I’ve seen a lot of people on social media both recently and in the past be very keen on changing our club crest. The one I have attached I really like personally. I would like to know…

1. Does anyone know if there have been any talks around changing the badge at the club in recent times? 

2. Is there currently any line of communication with the club where we can put such an idea forward? 

49B78D6E-0862-436C-9C1D-24F31B823E61.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve seen a lot of people on social media both recently and in the past be very keen on changing our club crest. The one I have attached I really like personally. I would like to know… 1. Does an

I'd love something like this. Feel the current one is very bland  

I hate the current badge, always have. I'd like the round badge back with 1876 on it instead of 1986, simple.

Posted Images

Gibson wanted to change the crest after the UEFA CUP FINAL someone said to him you've come a long way in 20 years..... So 1986 had to go. 

not sure what the original crest is, rampant lion or whatever but I'm sure someone will full in the blanks.

3 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

Gibson wanted to change the crest after the UEFA CUP FINAL someone said to him you've come a long way in 20 years..... So 1986 had to go. 

not sure what the original crest is, rampant lion or whatever but I'm sure someone will full in the blanks.

The lion on the original crest was blue not red and came from the family crest of the Bruce clan of Scotland.

The Bruce family had long links to Teesside and the crest of Middlesbrough also has the blue lion.

The same family is who De Brus school is named after we’re the anti-cendent family from Normandy who in later generations spawned Robert the Bruce.

http://ctlhs.co.uk/golden-jubilee/fifty-interesting-people/robert-de-brus/

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Changing Times said:

It was only changed 15 years ago or so wasn't it?

We have had it all through the years from Southgate onwards, some might hint that it was indeed this very crest that has spawned such misery upon us during its time as crest.

But 15 years it’s certainly around then as off the top of my head our last European season was 2004/5.

But if we take your figure as correct it means that if it has the same lifespan as the round 86 incarnation, then we have another 5 years of it adorning the Riverside and used as the emblem of identification for Boro when quickly looking for the Boro page on various sites. 

9 hours ago, Smogzilla said:

49a7f469903317.5b9936d3702f6.png

If as expected we have to go forward not backwards with our crest then I’m a big supporter of this, I liked the ships, but their significance is no longer there.

its a nice blend of the old and new, ignoring completely the present.😀

a return to a blue lion would be nice though but the transporter blue probably makes up for it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I hate the current badge, always have.

I'd like the round badge back with 1876 on it instead of 1986, simple.

The original badge was to me the badge of MFC, the round 86 is decent but I think something like the one above that blends the two nicely looks better. I simply ignore the current one, it’s like Snickers on a Wrapper instead of Marathon. It’s wrong

Edited by Naisby
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, Smogzilla said:

49a7f469903317.5b9936d3702f6.png

Honestly not a fan of this design.

Essentially a mashup of the 2 different badges, it just looks too "busy" - too much going on.

I like the shield design, more or less as is. Inclusion of the transporter bridge is a very nice touch. Just change the 86 to 1876. 1986 won't mean anything to other clubs and (most) Boro fans are already aware of its significance.

I don't mind the 1986 circular design. Would leave that as it was and just change the date.

Definitely classier but could be improved by putting a ram's head in lion's mouth or puppet dangling from paws..  🙂

In all seriousness, it looks good..  don't need anything fancy just something that gives us an identity that doesn't blend in and that is a good candidate

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

There is a difference between a badge and a crest, the two shouldn’t be interchangeable imo.

if Gibson likes the current crest then fine, but allow us to have a separate club badge that is more to the taste of the 99.99% of supporters.

A crest is the formal side of things, used on letter heads etc by the club only, the badge is for everyday and everyone’s use, 

• Like 1

It may be a premature view but the general feeling now seems to be that the club is finally moving into the right direction along with modern day football. 

I feel a changing of the badge now seems appropriate to leave the past 15 years of failings and the underwhelming design behind as we progress 

• Like 5