oneBoro Forum

Club Crest Update?

12 hours ago, DevKWat said:

I’ve seen a lot of people on social media both recently and in the past be very keen on changing our club crest. The one I have attached I really like personally. I would like to know…

1. Does anyone know if there have been any talks around changing the badge at the club in recent times? 

2. Is there currently any line of communication with the club where we can put such an idea forward? 

49B78D6E-0862-436C-9C1D-24F31B823E61.jpeg

I actually prefer the shield design but thats a nice update of the 86 badge. 👍 Would not be unhappy with this. Bold, simple and unfussy.

• Like 1
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve seen a lot of people on social media both recently and in the past be very keen on changing our club crest. The one I have attached I really like personally. I would like to know… 1. Does an

I'd love something like this. Feel the current one is very bland  

I hate the current badge, always have. I'd like the round badge back with 1876 on it instead of 1986, simple.

Posted Images

I don’t like the different sizes of ‘Middlesbrough’ and ‘football club’ on that badge. One thing’s for certain the current shield badge is awful.

(absolutely no to a blue Lion as well. I can’t believe that was suggested)

7 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

I actually prefer the shield design but thats a nice update of the 86 badge. 👍 Would not be unhappy with this. Bold, simple and unfussy.

A circular badge to me looks less cluttered and from a marketing perspective is easier to apply to merchandise designs. The previous 1986 badge with a change of date suits me but anything is better than the current Hogwart's badge designed by a nine year old and his stubby crayon set.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Redcar Rioja said:

A circular badge to me looks less cluttered and from a marketing perspective is easier to apply to merchandise designs. The previous 1986 badge with a change of date suits me but anything is better than the current Hogwart's badge designed by a nine year old and his stubby crayon set.

But then we won't be able to chant "Go Go Gryffindor!" at matches. 😟

In all seriousness, I think the current badge would be perfect without the scrollwork at the bottom. The re-design with the transporter bridge (minus the circular badge outside) would be great IMO.

Some great ideas for sure. Well done. I like most enjoy the circular design as well. Just a couple thoughts,

It takes a lot of money to change the image of the club. Think about all the signs on the stadium, advertising, players seats on the field, etc. 

As some have said its been 15 yrs and we seem to be turning a tide on the past hopefully as far as success at the club. But what have we achieved? Would it make more sense to change the marketing when we get promotion? Or at least have had a few more years of success?

2 minutes ago, CanadianBoro said:

Some great ideas for sure. Well done. I like most enjoy the circular design as well. Just a couple thoughts,

It takes a lot of money to change the image of the club. Think about all the signs on the stadium, advertising, players seats on the field, etc. 

As some have said its been 15 yrs and we seem to be turning a tide on the past hopefully as far as success at the club. But what have we achieved? Would it make more sense to change the marketing when we get promotion? Or at least have had a few more years of success?

I was thinking the same thing, I imagine the last thing the club hierarchy are interested in doing is changing the badge and having a total rebrand when they won’t even put money into re-painting the stadium seats. 

There are other priorities I would have thought.

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, CanadianBoro said:

Our demise coincided with that horrible cheap looking badge. It looks like it was drawn by someone's Junior School Nephew bless them and then somebody mixed it up with the real one and we've been stuck with it ever since.

It's cursed I tell you, the only luck we have had with it is bad luck. Time to condemn it to the year 6 waste bin and ask a grown up to design a badge that is befitting of a Professional Football Club and not Gryffindor's Quidditch Sevens.

• Like 1

Do you need to change the badge every time you go through a slightly down period?  We were in the Championship, not dropping into non-league.  I'd place more importance in Will's stupid bloody Yorkshire pud wraps than a new badge to be honest.  Just can't see the need for it 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Do you need to change the badge every time you go through a slightly down period?  We were in the Championship, not dropping into non-league.  I'd place more importance in Will's stupid bloody Yorkshire pud wraps than a new badge to be honest.  Just can't see the need for it 🤷‍♂️

I don't count 15 Years as a "slightly down period" apart from Aitor's brief blip and look at the Pig's ear we made of that!

Marketing, brand image etc. are all directly affected by the Corporate Logo and ours looks even more amateurish now than it did when it was first spewed forth upon us. If that doesn't move you just think of the potential massive boost to the Teesside Tattooing economy!

• Haha 4