oneBoro Forum

Club Crest Update?

20 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

I've never had an issue with the current badge.

Though I can understand why people prefer what they were familiar with as kids.

Same, I prefer it to the round badge.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve seen a lot of people on social media both recently and in the past be very keen on changing our club crest. The one I have attached I really like personally. I would like to know… 1. Does an

I'd love something like this. Feel the current one is very bland  

I hate the current badge, always have. I'd like the round badge back with 1876 on it instead of 1986, simple.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Do you need to change the badge every time you go through a slightly down period?  We were in the Championship, not dropping into non-league.  I'd place more importance in Will's stupid bloody Yorkshire pud wraps than a new badge to be honest.  Just can't see the need for it 🤷‍♂️

It's times like this that make me want you to be banned again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I couldn’t give a *** what period the badge is associated with personally. It’s amateurish and reflects badly on the club. I understand and agree with the cost to change. It wouldn’t be a cheap exercise. If there’s enough clamour, we might at least get a response from the club but it would have to have a fair bit of weight behind it. A piddly enquiry would most likely just get dismissed out of hand.

• 2 weeks later...

Like many others I’ve always hated the new badge. Really does look cheap and nasty. I was wondering how often clubs change their designs and was surprised to see it’s not as uncommon as I thought. A lot of clubs seem to be going for simpler designs as well. Definitely time for a change I think 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, FOOTSTER said:

download.png.e84cf2b09e9b8964501b3b00323e2ff2.png

What’s the association with Blue Peter,  Blue lion, don’t think so thank you. 

I don’t like scroll on our badge and I object to 1986. If we are to change then I agree the badge should be decluttered, bold and clean. It should not look like a beer mat either. 

3 hours ago, Humpty said:

Yeah i get the inspiration behind it but changing to a blue Lion would be like when Cardiff changed from a Bluebird to a red dragon. A blue Lion just isn't Boro.

Until 86 it wasn’t a red lion on the badge, for 110 years it was a blue lion. 🤔

AS the De Brus family which it is in part derived from in the  Borogh and District Coat of Arms should we not have played in Blue with a white diagonal cross of perhaps the Bruce Tartan.  The De Brus  family is the origin of Robert the Bruce

or maybe even the French tricolour as the De Brus family were French in origin

5 minutes ago, Rishworthian said:

AS the De Brus family which it is in part derived from in the  Borogh and District Coat of Arms should we not have played in Blue with a white diagonal cross of perhaps the Bruce Tartan.  The De Brus  family is the origin of Robert the Bruce

or maybe even the French tricolour as the De Brus family were French in origin

Up until 1899 we played in Blue/White or Blue/Black.

• Like 1