oneBoro Forum

Well, from what I managed to see that looked a fairly even first half.

Saw a bit of nice slick passing from Boro...sadly it was coupled with our usual inability to create good scoring chances. Unless I missed others, Paddy's free kick was the closest we came.

Slightly worried with how Coventry came back into the game and gave us some trouble. We still look worryingly disorganised at times defensively.

Think some changes need to be made fairly early second half. No later than 60 minutes anyway. Got very little cutting edge up front and need more control in midfield.

• Like 1
  • Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's been 3 games lads. Suggesting hes being forced to play Connolly is a bit insane. He gave him a few games to see if he could get up to speed, that's it. 

10 games is plenty though isn’t it? We should be the finished article by now. Wilder out I say. It’s no better than Warnock to be honest (apart from all the  points)

i reckon another loss today to match another terrible team selection. new manager bounce well and truly over. hope i'm wrong but being a boro fan this long i think i'm afraid to be optimistic. after a

Posted Images

Very even game but Coventry look more comfortable on the ball than we do, we just lack someone to hold onto the ball in midfield and dictate play. Connelly and Sporar as a partnership just don’t work they are just too easily dominated by the defenders. I know he has a nice song but can someone tell me with Sporar what we are getting for our£1.5 million quid a year, he can’t hold up play, runs into nowhere positions and never seems to be where the ball is when it gets near the box. Cannot see Wilder putting up with this for very long in the second halg

1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

Well, from what I managed to see that looked a fairly even first half.

Saw a bit of nice slick passing from Boro...sadly it was coupled with our usual inability to create good scoring chances. Unless I missed others, Paddy's free kick was the closest we came.

Slightly worried with how Coventry came back into the game and gave us some trouble. We still look worryingly disorganised at times defensively.

Think some changes need to be made fairly early second half. No later than 60 minutes anyway. Got very little cutting edge up front and need more control in midfield.

I'd love to be proven wrong but I'm 90% certain Wilder goes into games with his subs pretty much planned out. He's not one for changing it mid-game it would seem. I'd expect both strikers to be swapped and then Coburn on for Howson or Dijksteel at some point after.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Maybe it’s those who have been jabbed, doubled jabbed or boosted recently? 

Highly unlikely.

If you're going to have an adverse reaction to the jabs, it can happen within hours. Day or two at the latest.

If you know you're likely to have a bad reaction then you shouldn't be going out for a day or two.

3 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Highly unlikely.

If you're going to have an adverse reaction to the jabs, it can happen within hours. Day or two at the latest.

If you know you're likely to have a bad reaction then you shouldn't be going out for a day or two.

Isn't that the point? People don't know they're going to have an adverse reaction?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, thomas said:

why is connelly starting and what has Watmore done wrong aside from not scoring enough to deserve this? 

Watmore is most effective as an impact sub when the opposition start to tire - but that is dependent on us having someone who is good as a starting striker. 

We haven't really controlled a game since the Nottingham Forest game. Just look a bit shaky imo. Can't seem to pin teams back and don't seem to be able to pass the ball about with confidence. 

I thought Wilder likes his team's to defend from the front and push teams back into their own half? Don't really see much team pressing from the front. 

1 minute ago, TheJew said:

Isn't that the point? People don't know they're going to have an adverse reaction?

Adverse reactions usually occur within the first 20 minutes. You may have mild flu-like symptoms over the next two days but not the sort that would cause you to collapse. Covid could do that though.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Tuns said:

We haven't really controlled a game since the Nottingham Forest game. Just look a bit shaky imo. Can't seem to pin teams back and don't seem to be able to pass the ball about with confidence. 

I thought Wilder likes his team's to defend from the front and push teams back into their own half? Don't really see much team pressing from the front. 

The press seems to have stopped since Watmore was dropped, he was always exhausted at the 60/70th min because he was always pressing, that then pushed Sporar more forward as a result

Hoping Watmore comes on.

6 minutes ago, thomas said:

why is connelly starting and what has Watmore done wrong aside from not scoring enough to deserve this? 

Signing from a PL team has to be given a chance to shine I guess. I just hope it doesn't end up hurting our play-off chances.

Hope Watmore gets on 2nd half.

1 minute ago, Oslo_Syd said:

Adverse reactions usually occur within the first 20 minutes. You may have mild flu-like symptoms over the next two days but not the sort that would cause you to collapse. Covid could do that though.

Stepfather died the next day from the jab. So it’s not just flu symptoms.

• Downsouth changed the title to Boro vs Coventry 1-0 (Sporar)