oneBoro Forum

an unconvincing win, but a win is a win 3 points. payero needs more minutes, you could see that. but you could also see his eye for a through pass, excellent at that isnt he. sporar is a poacher let him poach and have balogan watmore do the running off him. connolly hopefully never plays for us again terrible player. well done to tav today he was miles better, still a bit lax on a couple of occasions but over all much better from him. howson was doing well to, didnt look off the pace like monday.

• Like 2
  • Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's been 3 games lads. Suggesting hes being forced to play Connolly is a bit insane. He gave him a few games to see if he could get up to speed, that's it. 

10 games is plenty though isn’t it? We should be the finished article by now. Wilder out I say. It’s no better than Warnock to be honest (apart from all the  points)

i reckon another loss today to match another terrible team selection. new manager bounce well and truly over. hope i'm wrong but being a boro fan this long i think i'm afraid to be optimistic. after a

Posted Images

Showing full time on the BBC...

Nicole Scherzinger Television GIF

Actually didn't mind missing the last few minutes of this one.

Wasn't a great game to watch. I expected it wouldn't be easy but was surprised how hard Coventry made it for us. I guess there's a reason they haven't lost much on the road. They pushed us hard, didn't give our lads much time on the ball. Just lucky that their finishing is on a par with ours.

Still needed some good clearances and good keeping from Lumley to earn all 3 points.

In fairness to Boro I thought we were better going forward. Still sporadic and our finishing leaves a lot to be desired. The one real moment of quality from Balogun, putting that ball in to Sporar decided the game.

We need to figure out how to make this happen more often!

Think we created enough chances to score another 1 or 2. Probably should have won more comfortably.

Happier with the result than the performance. Wilder will no doubt be happier but he still has his work cut out.

7 minutes ago, LBP said:

Vital win that

Give Cov a blank cheque for Gyokeres in the summer for me 

He was excellent. Coventry full of v good players. Especially impressed with O’Hare. 

• Like 2

Wow a battling three points against a very good Coventry side who will be disappointed to be travelling back to the Midlands-with nothing. I know Sporar scored but that was his total input, if people are happy with that fine. I thought Payero did well and Bologan, certainly an upgrade on Connelly who I am having serious doubts over. MOM for me Joe Lumley who had a very good game in difficult conditions, also Tav worked his little socks off. Onwards and upwards UTB

• Like 3

Ground out the win - big 3 points for us. Thought Coventry looked really good and they were pretty unlucky to lose. 

Lumley had a really good game, deserves credit for this one. Thought we looked energised when Payero and Balogun came on - both be pushing for a start next game.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Can we send Connolly back please, I have a horrible feeling we've assured Brighton game time for him and it'll be to the detriment of our other, better players

I suspect that Wilder must be seeing something from him in training which we then don't get to see when he is playing under the pressure of a match.

I haven't seen all of the teams in the division, but Coventry are the best team I've seen. They played well and were unlucky to come away with nothing. We were lucky to bag all three points, but I felt we were unlucky to come away with nothing at Blackburn. Football has a way of evening these things out. Thought Tav and Lumley were outstanding today, and Balogun must be pushing for a starting role.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Can we send Connolly back please, I have a horrible feeling we've assured Brighton game time for him and it'll be to the detriment of our other, better players

id rather pay a fine/penalty and send him back

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro vs Coventry 1-0 (Sporar)