• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's been 3 games lads. Suggesting hes being forced to play Connolly is a bit insane. He gave him a few games to see if he could get up to speed, that's it. 

10 games is plenty though isn’t it? We should be the finished article by now. Wilder out I say. It’s no better than Warnock to be honest (apart from all the  points)

i reckon another loss today to match another terrible team selection. new manager bounce well and truly over. hope i'm wrong but being a boro fan this long i think i'm afraid to be optimistic. after a

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

QPR is going to be such a hard game.

We're struggled against them in recent years, and they're in better form than ever.

Cov held them to 1-1 for most of the game so we have just as good a chance of getting something i think

33 minutes ago, Aphex_Boro said:

Glad the stream packed it in, would have been a brutal watch in added time.

Great result not a great performance, hopefully Payero and Balogun start the next league game. 

I watched the game on Facebook I’m in a boro group and someone normally stream’s the match

Is it just me that thinks Sporar was improving and then once Connolly has been introduced he has looked worse. Bad enough that Connolly looks well short of what is required but he is seemingly managing to drag Sporar down with him.

The two just don't work together, Balogun didn't do a great deal but it took mere seconds for him to produce a little magic to set up the goal. Watmore must be watching and wondering what he has done wrong especially after all the talk about "standards" this week.

• Like 4

Excellent result against a very well organised and attacking team.

When your backs against the wall and after a defeat, it's important to dig out results and bounce back and we did that even though the performance we flat.

Coventry matched our formation and pushed their wing backs further forward than ours which limited Jones and Taylor threat which subsequently took away our main goal threat.

Connolly I get the frustration from the fans, for me him and Sporar I just can't see a partnership coming together. Be intresting to see how Balogun and Sporar get on the in the future after today's cameo but I personally liked Sporar and Watmore partnership under wilders tenure. We all know he's going and doesn't fit the system etc but I still think today highlights the other option in Uche (even though we grinded the result out).

Mcnair was the stand out player for me today and I thought Tavernier also had a good game defensively.

Very important win overall and let's hope this pushes us back on in the league with 2 extremely crucial back to back games coming up.

Roll on Man utd Friday... UTB!

• Like 3

Better second half. We played some really nice attacking football down the left. The play before the goal was good.

Pleased that Payero got on for a decent stretch. Balogun was decent when he came on too.

Coventry were a good side. Attacked quickly and fluidly. Nicked the ball off us all the time. I'd be gutted of I was a Coventry fan travelling all the way back home with nothing.

Great result. Good to see@Downsouth, @Uwe (and son) and @wilsoncgp as well. Glad you don't have to drive home home sad!

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

We all know he's going and doesn't fit the system etc but I still think today highlights the other option in Uche (even though we grinded the result out).

If it's a straight choice between Ikpeazu and Connolly for me it's a no brainer. Ikpeazu may not "fit" Wilder's system but whilst Ikpeazu may be a square peg in a round hole Connolly is totally out of shape both literally and physically. I don't know if it's doable but if we can I'd rather hang onto big Uche and ask Brighton to take their lad back, thanks but no thanks!

13 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Is it just me that thinks Sporar was improving and then once Connolly has been introduced he has looked worse. Bad enough that Connolly looks well short of what is required but he is seemingly managing to drag Sporar down with him.

The two just don't work together, Balogun didn't do a great deal but it took mere seconds for him to produce a little magic to set up the goal. Watmore must be watching and wondering what he has done wrong especially after all the talk about "standards" this week.

For me Sporar and Connolly are too alike both need to be partnered with Watmore or Balogun

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

If it's a straight choice between Ikpeazu and Connolly for me it's a no brainer. Ikpeazu may not "fit" Wilder's system but whilst Ikpeazu may be a square peg in a round hole Connolly is totally out of shape both literally and physically. I don't know if it's doable but if we can I'd rather hang onto big Uche and ask Brighton to take their lad back, thanks but no thanks!

Yeah I can see why fans are writing off Connolly so far. Personally I see him as in impact player and I think he will score a few goals between now and the end of the season but they will come from the bench.

Just disappointed in Uche as I think he's a incredible option to have when your backs are against the walls especially in the last 3rd of the game .

4 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Yeah I can see why fans are writing off Connolly so far. Personally I see him as in impact player and I think he will score a few goals between now and the end of the season but they will come from the bench.

Just disappointed in Uche as I think he's a incredible option to have when your backs are against the walls especially in the last 3rd of the game .

This season with Uche is the first time in a long time that the opposition defenders have come off the pitch looking like they have been in a game 

• Like 4

Really decent game. Coventry’s link up play was outstanding and I don’t know it’s it was lack of cutting edge by them or great defending by us (probably a bit of both) Paddy & Fry were  great everyone else was much better That the Blackburn game. Special mention to Tavs work rate and Jones’s defensive display. 

Was really great to catch up and have a beer with @boro-unger@wilsoncgp and @Downsouth too 👍

• Like 4

Thought we were a bit lucky today. First half was poor, Coventry had quite a bit of control of the game. What was kind of frustrating is that they were playing kind of how we like to play but better. And we barely tried to play the way we have recently until the second half.

They created some decent chances and were unlucky with the effort off the bar. But we did improve second half, the subs made a difference. I thought Howson was one of our brighter players before he went off and one of only a few to come out of the first half with great deal of credit so I was shocked he came off but Payero looked better when him and Crooks swapped round.

Considering we didn't create a huge amount of chances today, it's mad how much a difference it felt like having Balogun on the pitch compared to Connolly. I'm all for giving Connolly a chance and when you're playing in a side that's lumping the ball up the pitch for 45 minutes then good luck doing much better as a small striker. But he had a few moments today where he just didn't look up to the pace of the game. Mood in the stands is really turning on him, he has a lot of work to do to make it right, somehow more than when he first came in.

I might be in the minority on this one but whilst I thought a couple of decisions that went against us were soft, I thought this ref was our 12th man at times today. It seemed like a Coventry player would go down, get nowt, then one of ours would go down straight after and win a free kick. Few of these situations were up in the opposite end of the pitch to me so might not have seen them properly but yeah, I think you could hear what their fans thought about it during the game.

All in all, Coventry are a much better side than most we've seen at the Riverside this season. Grinding out a win in that game was a bloody incredible result for us. Did we deserve it? I'm not sure. Do I care? Not a jot. 3 points, UTB.

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, ABH said:

This season with Uche is the first time in a long time that the opposition defenders have come off the pitch looking like they have been in a game 

Couldn't agree more. It's not pretty on the eye but as fans we like to see glimpses of that don't we ? Nice to be able to mix it up.

Got to say wilder got it spot on with Balogun and payero today and I've been extremely impressed with his tactics and substitutions etc since he came to the club however I have a few Sheffield utd friends and they love wilder and what he did for the club but they said he never had a plan B and never came away from the wing back system which is why they got found out in his 2nd season in the Premier League.

To be constantly successful I think you need to be able to mix it up.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Can we send Connolly back please, I have a horrible feeling we've assured Brighton game time for him and it'll be to the detriment of our other, better players

I’m getting this feeling too… If Connolly starts the next match then there must be something to this as I think we definitely have better options.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro vs Coventry 1-0 (Sporar)