oneBoro Forum

18 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

might be worth pointing out we are probably being forced to play long because we have midget forwards. stick uche on and see teams let us play from the back instead. lol

All joking aside it would provide a conundrum for opposing Managers. Let us play it out and we punish them, push up, close us down and we can launch it.

In fairness to big Uche he can hold the ball up and has better ball skills than I think many give him credit for. Launch it up towards Ikpeazu and Crooks and have Sporar anticipating the flick ons and it would have pulled a few Coventry players back and in doing so created the space and time for our defence and midfield that Coventry had denied us.

• Like 1
  • Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's been 3 games lads. Suggesting hes being forced to play Connolly is a bit insane. He gave him a few games to see if he could get up to speed, that's it. 

10 games is plenty though isn’t it? We should be the finished article by now. Wilder out I say. It’s no better than Warnock to be honest (apart from all the  points)

i reckon another loss today to match another terrible team selection. new manager bounce well and truly over. hope i'm wrong but being a boro fan this long i think i'm afraid to be optimistic. after a

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Jesus, let it go.

Nobody is going to take your opinion on Connolly seriously when you've been calling for his head from before he kicked a ball for us.

Sporar is 6ft 1", and he's played worse than Connolly recently.

well lol. i was talking about all our forwards not just wee man. none of them decent in the air and all rather weak at heading except uche. if we are planning on hoofing the ball more then uche should have been getting minutes. i dont think going long is the plan though. i think what is annoying wilder is how poor we are under pressure constantly giving the ball away or being rushed into launching it.  we have a few players who panic under pressure tav and howson are two of them. bith want more time on the ball and dont like being rushed. hopefully we sort this. our main issue isnt sporar and connolly its the midfield 3. but this issue in midfield is highlighting our x2 poachers weaknesses. going long/dirst in the air isnt the answer.

vs blackburn we played out from the back and tav, crooks, howson, conmanlly and sporar just couldnt pass to a teammate it just broke down over and over. we can maybe get away with one striker not being to involved but two and the midfield struggling ment we never had a shot in that first half. really hope mcgree is decent under pressure that will help us.

with taylor being extremely limited on the left. tav being easily ruffled on the ball and howson to we are quite easy to push around. sort of forces everything right for us and then the opposition concentrate of defending that. boom we are nullified. 

mcgree payero and balogen even watmore and uche can mix all that up for us. and as soon as we get bola back the better. if anything these last 3 games have probably made it obvious to us, which maybe you'd expect wilder to have known prior or hes now seeing himself. 

i think we are going to be have a right clearout in the summer even if we dont go up.

• Like 3
15 hours ago, SmogDane said:

The same goes with shooting from the distance .. (which we btw never do anymore) .. You need those long range shots to leave their defenders in doubt .. 

I don't get to see many games so I may be way off but one thing I'd like to see more of is a plan B to the plan A of trying to score from 6ft from the goal in a packed with defenders box. Now and again having a pop from further out before the box is packed would be lovely, assuming the ball doesn't end up in row Z 😄

• Like 1
12 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Jesus, let it go.

Nobody is going to take your opinion on Connolly seriously when you've been calling for his head from before he kicked a ball for us.

Sporar is 6ft 1", and he's played worse than Connolly recently.

I can't believe Sporar is 6'1", that feels mad. Even though I'm looking at him in pictures and he's not much smaller than Lumley so that's clearly true, on the pitch he always looks smaller than that.

22 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I can't believe Sporar is 6'1", that feels mad. Even though I'm looking at him in pictures and he's not much smaller than Lumley so that's clearly true, on the pitch he always looks smaller than that.

Juninho Was 5’ 5” 😂

7 hours ago, Humpty said:

I don’t see Uche playing any part for us going forward.

Nor do I but heard on the grape vine that he is going to be looked after by Leo and will become our 4th keeper😁

50 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Nor do I but heard on the grape vine that he is going to be looked after by Leo and will become our 4th keeper😁

Imagine him coming out to punch clear a corner or cross, the opposition Strikers would be ducking and running for cover!