oneBoro Forum

1. Would you be satisfied if there were no more outgoings and incomings between now and the window closing? What would you like to see being done.

I'm happy with the business we've done, but I'd still like a left wing back on loan as I'm not sure Neil Taylor will be enough on his own.

2. Should Payero add a Del before his surname to get noticed and be mistaken as an unlicensed Del Piero?

It's a strange one, I can understand why he's not starting but it's very unusual that he can't get a game from the bench even when our midfielders are playing badly.

3. Should there be numerous changes to the 11 that played Blackburn? 

I'd put Tavernier at LWB over Taylor, bring in Payero and swap Connolly for Watmore or Balogun.

4. Has there ever been a time Boro haven't had a boo boy in the team (Tav and Connelly currently)?

It's the nature of the game, people often have somebody they focus on.

I personally find Tavernier the most frustrating as I expect so much more from him, and his set pieces have been poor for years (with the odd exception).

There's a guy who sits down from here who spent every single game loudly hurling abuse at George Friend of all people.

As said in a previous post, there's always the player who's not starting that is the secret key to our success.

It's Payero right now.

5. Who hates us more this January Derby fans or James Forrest and the Celtic fans?

It's Derby fans without a shadow of a doubt, that's going to boil all season and simmer for years to come.

• Like 1
  • Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's been 3 games lads. Suggesting hes being forced to play Connolly is a bit insane. He gave him a few games to see if he could get up to speed, that's it. 

10 games is plenty though isn’t it? We should be the finished article by now. Wilder out I say. It’s no better than Warnock to be honest (apart from all the  points)

i reckon another loss today to match another terrible team selection. new manager bounce well and truly over. hope i'm wrong but being a boro fan this long i think i'm afraid to be optimistic. after a

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Borodane said:

It's a game we really have to win, in order to keep in/around the top-6. I'd like to see Howson dropped for Payero. Not because I think Payero is going to come on and set the pitch on fire but because Howson isn't a DM and I don't think he offers anything in our game with the ball. I often think why he is in our team. What is his job? It's not protecting the defence and it's not because of his passing ability or technique on the ball. If Payero has applied himself in training I think he deserves a chance to stake a claim. I'd also drop one of Sporar or Connolly to give Balogun or Watmore a chance depending on who looks sharpest in training.

I think Watmore needs to be involved more and would look to starting him in games to bring energy from the start. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I think Watmore needs to be involved more and would look to starting him in games to bring energy from the start. 

I think I need to be more involved that's why I will be going to the game and meeting up with some of the guys at the Six Medals beforehand for a pint!

All welcome

• Like 3

1. Would you be satisfied if there were no more outgoings and incomings between now and the window closing? What would you like to see being done

I'd still like to see us sign a decent keeper and some defensive cover for our notriously fragile back line.

2. Should Payero add a Del before his surname to get noticed and be mistaken as an unlicensed Del Piero?

I reckon the poor lad could change his surname to Del Monte and Wilder still wouldn't take any notice. Unfortunately, for the good of his career I think he should look for a move to Europe or back to Argentina.

Both him and the club should cut their losses, admit it didn't work out and part amicably.

No. For one thing I don't think it'd have much effect and for another, we only lost because Rovers got lucky with a defensive mistake. Just the usual changes for fatigue or injuries.

4. Has there ever been a time Boro haven't had a boo boy in the team (Tav and Connelly currently)

No idea...I don't take much notice of such things. 🤷‍♂️

5. Who hates us more this January Derby fans or James Forrest and the Celtic fans?

I'd say Derby fans just edge it. Celtic fans would already be over You, Me and Riley McGree if their press hadn't made such a big deal over it. 🙄

Boro should definitely be looking to use this fixture to bounce back from the disappointing display against Blackburn. Since September our home form has been pretty strong (W7 D1 L2).

Coventry aren't the best travellers, though their away form isn't terrible (since September W2 D5 L2). We need to respect them...but not too much.

Boro definitely need to get off to a much livelier start. Take the game to Coventry while our legs are fresh, put them under pressure and try to make sure we're ahead at half time.

On 1/26/2022 at 5:13 PM, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Talking points. 

1. Would you be satisfied if there were no more outgoings and incomings between now and the window closing? What would you like to see being done.

Keeper and left sided players seem the obvious holes, but if the targets are not available then I’m not to bothered tbh.

Like everyone he will get a chance, he just needs to grab it when it comes and not let go. Once he does that he will have shown if he can or cannot be a 1st team regular.

I’m treating this match as one of those that happen and best quickly forgotten. Every team has them and it’s probably best to go unchanged and let the lads show it was just that.

4. Has there ever been a time Boro haven't had a boo boy in the team (Tav and Connelly currently)

Not since I’ve supported the Boro, 

Celtic have forgotten us Derby never will. For those using East Midlands Airport, don’t leave a Boro sticker visible 😀

4 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

What's he saying?

One example - asked about motivating players:-

I’ve done it for 20 years and I’ve had success, so if I was crap at it I wouldn’t be in the job," he said, shooting down the question.

“I know how to motivate a team and I know I’m good at it.

“But I’m not going to come out and say, ‘brilliant boys, really unlucky, you were fabulous Crooksy, just head it down a couple of yards and we get a result, hard-luck boys'."

That question was based on an interview with Joe Lumley on Thursday who had admitted training after Monday had been flat at first before the gaffer had his ways of motivating and lifting the players.

He bit: “Did you ask him why it was flat in the first half? We wouldn’t need a reaction if we had a better first-half performance.

“I understand some of you were maybe surprised in my reaction on Monday and maybe some of the players were too. I understand and accept that, but that’s the standards we set and work to at this football club.

“I don’t do unlucky. The other night wasn’t unlucky, the result was determined by our performance.”

Basically, demanding more from players and suggesting they were far too complacent on Monday night. Can’t argue with that after first half. Saying anyone who wants a long term future at Boro needs to adapt to his ideas and standards.

Be pretty interesting to see whether he sticks with same team after that. I reckon he might though, even if it’s only to avoid scapegoating any individual. He was arguing whole team was the problem, not just one or two players. 

• Thanks 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro vs Coventry 1-0 (Sporar)