oneBoro Forum

Manchester United vs Middlesbrough (FA Cup 4th Round) 1-1 aet (Crooks) 7-8 penalties

17 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Proper throat burners, those

The best advise I received about food. I was once told by a Asian gentleman a good curry should be enjoyed not endured, this  indicates that people of all kinds have endurance levels beyond the capability of others. Good example is my experience in Thailand watching locals eating hot chills as if they were green beans. So I’ll just stick with my beef or cheese and onion. 

Hot Sauce Pain GIF by FoodTribe

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watching Mark Goldbridge melt down over the game was pretty funny.

Watched the game with my girlfriend's brother .... We had 12 different aged rum bottles and hey ho hey ho here we go ...   Danish TV showed the game and it was fantastic!   I said early, tha

Still can't sleep. I said my bit before the game about how this could be another special moment, how this is everything football could be made for and I cannot say I was expecting anything like that t

Posted Images

4 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I'm not a fan of the star struck attitude the club, media and players are taking towards Manchester United in the build up to this match.

You'd think we were a non-league team who've never played them before.

It's an early round cup match against a team we've played 126 times.

I kinda get what you mean but then I've been to Old Trafford plenty of times, I've seen Boro beat Man Utd plenty of times, but there will be lots of fans who haven't, and also haven't seen us much in the Premier League at all, so it is a bigger deal for them.  I think it's good that cup matches mean something to people.

3 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Nahhhh, QPR on Wednesday is a huge match.

This is just a 4th round FA Cup match, and a welcome cash boost.

Would happily get tonked 10-0 tomorrow if I could guarantee us a point against QPR in exchange.

Make it 20-0 if it could guarantee we beat Derby.

Again, I get what you're saying but the other night you wanted Huddersfield to win didn't you?  Even though that was a bad result for Boro?  It seems weird to place so much more importance on the league games whilst actively hoping that a rival gets a win because you happen to to dislike the other team involved.  I mean, to me, that would seem to indicate that you dislike Derby more than you like Boro, and I don't believe that is true for a second.  From my point of view it tends to be pretty simple - I always want Boro to win whatever the game is, and I always want other results to go our way.

19 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Again, I get what you're saying but the other night you wanted Huddersfield to win didn't you?  Even though that was a bad result for Boro?  It seems weird to place so much more importance on the league games whilst actively hoping that a rival gets a win because you happen to to dislike the other team involved.  I mean, to me, that would seem to indicate that you dislike Derby more than you like Boro, and I don't believe that is true for a second.  From my point of view it tends to be pretty simple - I always want Boro to win whatever the game is, and I always want other results to go our way.

That was more because we're reliant on our own results to finish above Huddersfield.

We have 2 games in hand on them and are only 3 points behind, with a match against them still to play.

The only way we don't beat them to the play-offs is if we mess up.

If they had the games in hand on us, and the mathematical advantage, I'd have reluctantly rooted for Derby.

• Like 1

In amongst the debate over which is the more important game: Man Utd or QPR, it's important to recognise that while the benefits of winning the "six pointer" against promotion rivals QPR are more obviously clear, the Man Utd game can also provide lots of potential positives that will benefit our long-term interests.

As cold-heartedly business like as this sounds, as we've seen with Spence's impressive performance for Forest against Arsenal in the FA Cup, the Man Utd game a very handy way to boost our players market values against top level opposition - especially those that we're potentially open to selling for good fees in the summer such as Tavernier and Fry. I'm sure Kieran Scott will be seeing tomorrow night as a great platform for that. It's going to take several windows to build a squad with the strength in depth that Wilder and Scott want so we've got to welcome raising maximum funds from our sales so that we sell high and buy low; something that we've previously been very bad at. There's also the likes of Jones, McNair, Dijksteel & Crooks who will already have Premier League admirers, whose values would similarly be boosted by strong performances tomorrow night.

It will also give us a good opportunity for us to appear an attractive club for players to join in the summer - regardless of if we're playing in the Championship or Premier League. It's especially important for young, promising academy players from the top 6 clubs, so them watching Balogun performing well here will reflect well on us, and could put us in a stronger position in the summer transfer market.

As there's 5 days between the Man Utd and QPR games, I'm not particularly concerned about wrapping up players in cotton wool so hope we go full strength (with Balogun in for Connolly). We've already had a bit of a mini-break so fatigue isn't an issue. If anything, quite the opposite as we've looked a bit rusty and flat in recent games. There's always the risk of a costly long-term injury, especially considering our poor strength in depth in defence and wingbacks, but that's just football unfortunately. I'm going tomorrow - first away game since the Play Off Final defeat in 2015 - so I'm really excited. So long as we come away from the Man Utd game without any bad injuries then, irrespective of the result or performance, I won't be too disappointed. I'm feeling very optimistic about our chances though as I've got the feeling that we can spring a surprise with Jones being the star performer.

Edited by p_mards
  • Like 6
13 minutes ago, p_mards said:

In amongst the debate over which is the more important game: Man Utd or QPR, it's important to recognise that while the benefits of winning the "six pointer" against promotion rivals QPR is more obviously clear, the Man Utd game can also provide lots of potential positives that will benefit out long-term interests.

As cold-heartedly business like as this sounds, but as we've seen with Spence's impressive performance for Forest against Arsenal in the FA Cup, the Man Utd game a very handy way to boost our players market values against top level opposition - especially those that we're potentially open to selling for good fees in the summer such as Tavernier and Fry. I'm sure Kieran Scott will be seeing tomorrow night as a great platform for that. It's going to take several windows to build a squad with the strength in depth that Wilder and Scott want so we've got to welcome raising maximum funds from our sales so that we sell high and buy low; something that we've previously been very bad at. There's also the likes of Jones, McNair, Dijksteel & Crooks who will already have Premier League admirers, whose values would similarly be boosted by strong performances tomorrow night.

It will also give us a good opportunity for us to appear an attractive club for players to join in the summer - regardless of if we're playing in the Championship or Premier League. It's especially important for young, promising academy players from the top 6 clubs, so them watching Balogun performing well here will reflect well on us, and could put us in a stronger position in the summer transfer market.

As there's 5 days between the Man Utd and QPR games, I'm not particularly concerned about wrapping up players in cotton wool so hope we go full strength (with Balogun in for Connolly). We've already had a bit of a mini-break so fatigue isn't an issue. If anything, quite the opposite as we've looked a bit rusty and flat in recent games. There's always the risk of a costly long-term injury, especially considering our poor strength in depth in defence and wingbacks, but that's just football unfortunately. I'm going tomorrow - first away game since the Play Off Final defeat in 2015 - so I'm really excited. So long as we come away from the Man Utd game without any bad injuries then, irrespective of the result or performance, I won't be too disappointed. I'm feeling very optimistic about our chances though as I've got the feeling that we can spring a surprise with Jones being the star performer.

Great post @p_mards I never thought of it that way but agree with you on it 👍

8 hours ago, p_mards said:

In amongst the debate over which is the more important game: Man Utd or QPR, it's important to recognise that while the benefits of winning the "six pointer" against promotion rivals QPR are more obviously clear, the Man Utd game can also provide lots of potential positives that will benefit our long-term interests.

As cold-heartedly business like as this sounds, as we've seen with Spence's impressive performance for Forest against Arsenal in the FA Cup, the Man Utd game a very handy way to boost our players market values against top level opposition - especially those that we're potentially open to selling for good fees in the summer such as Tavernier and Fry. I'm sure Kieran Scott will be seeing tomorrow night as a great platform for that. It's going to take several windows to build a squad with the strength in depth that Wilder and Scott want so we've got to welcome raising maximum funds from our sales so that we sell high and buy low; something that we've previously been very bad at. There's also the likes of Jones, McNair, Dijksteel & Crooks who will already have Premier League admirers, whose values would similarly be boosted by strong performances tomorrow night.

Yes yes yes but what are the best crisps in your opinion?

• Confused 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Manchester United vs Middlesbrough (FA Cup 4th Round) 1-1 aet (Crooks) 7-8 penalties