oneBoro Forum

Manchester United vs Middlesbrough (FA Cup 4th Round) 1-1 aet (Crooks) 7-8 penalties

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watching Mark Goldbridge melt down over the game was pretty funny.

Watched the game with my girlfriend's brother .... We had 12 different aged rum bottles and hey ho hey ho here we go ...   Danish TV showed the game and it was fantastic!   I said early, tha

Still can't sleep. I said my bit before the game about how this could be another special moment, how this is everything football could be made for and I cannot say I was expecting anything like that t

Posted Images

1 minute ago, sanddancer said:

Not great but he has been better then most of our players to be fair. Stop knocking him he is exposed by our weak defensive. 

He let in a shot straight at him

The number one thing I wanted from this game was to give a good account of ourselves and look like a good side in the spotlight this evening.

we have been rubbish. This has not even been a competitive game and I can’t think of a single player who has had a strong half. 

• Like 2
Just now, Brunners said:

I have no problem losing. But the manner in which we're losing is where I'm disappointed. We can play better than this.

The past 3 or 4 games our inability to pass quickly and accurately has just completely disappeared and we are resorting back to kick the ball long to our quick pacey strikers.

Play football. You're already losing. At least put on a show second half.

Think it's just the technical ability of our players being shown up, really. When Wilder came in nobody really knew what to expect from us, but now it's quite clear that our ONLY threat comes down the right. Shut the long ball to Crooks down (he hasn't won a single one all night) and we don't really have much else.

He just hasn't got the squad to play how he wants. It'll come.

• Like 1

Well that went about as well as expected.

Weirdly Boro have had the rub of the green, with United missing a penalty and having a goal disallowed for offside. We could have been 3-0 down.

Seen some people here saying Boro have been terrible but I'd disagree. I'd say we've played about as well as we have in our recent league games. But playing far superior opposition will make you look worse.

We've been defensively fragile for a while now, but while we can sometimes get away with it in the Championship, we will be more ruthlessly punished by teams of United quality.

On the few occasions we did get forward, we showed United aren't unbeatable. If we can just get the ball in their penalty area we can cause them problems. Would help if every time we did, a red shirt didn't get on the end of it.

We're not out of this yet and if Wilder does have a Plan B, now would be a good time to use it.

2 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Not great but he has been better then most of our players to be fair. Stop knocking him he is exposed by our weak defensive. 

Should have saved the goal, nearly gifted them one at the start and let the offside goal through him.

No good.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Brunners said:

He doesn't lack technical ability though, I don't get this take. 

He hasn't been great today but he's clearly a better footballer than he's showing tonight 

He's just not a great footballer. He's got all the attributes you want to be a great championship midfielder but he wouldn't make it in the premier league. 

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

I have no problem losing. But the manner in which we're losing is where I'm disappointed. We can play better than this.

The past 3 or 4 games our inability to pass quickly and accurately has just completely disappeared and we are resorting back to kick the ball long to our quick pacey strikers.

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

We are just hiding, sat watching this and not enjoying it, men versus boys, could be four down easily

• Like 1
1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

Weirdly Boro have had the rub of the green, with United missing a penalty and having a goal disallowed for offside. We could have been 3-0 down.

Seen some people here saying Boro have been terrible but I'd disagree. I'd say we've played about as well as we have in our recent league games. But playing far superior opposition will make you look worse.

On the few occasions we did get forward, we showed United aren't unbeatable. If we can just get the ball in their penalty area we can cause them problems. Would help if every time we did, a red shirt didn't get on the end of it.

We're not out of this yet and if Wilder does have a Plan B, now would be a good time to use it.

but we've been terrible in a lot of our recent league games too, so... 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

When did you last see Man United playing one touch football, flicks, skills… never. They are such a boring team to watch usually. We have played below standard 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Manchester United vs Middlesbrough (FA Cup 4th Round) 1-1 aet (Crooks) 7-8 penalties