oneBoro Forum

Manchester United vs Middlesbrough (FA Cup 4th Round) 1-1 aet (Crooks) 7-8 penalties

20 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Delighted that we absolutely battered Man U on Friday. We were superior in every way and I can’t believe that some on here think that we were lucky 🍀 

Shame on you all

@Downsouth I’m trying to force the debate to beat the Brighton thread 😜

Luck or not I think it was a great game. Found out after the game, that my wife (who is not a boro supporter) put a couple of quid on boro winning. So I was really chuffed haha

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watching Mark Goldbridge melt down over the game was pretty funny.

Watched the game with my girlfriend's brother .... We had 12 different aged rum bottles and hey ho hey ho here we go ...   Danish TV showed the game and it was fantastic!   I said early, tha

Still can't sleep. I said my bit before the game about how this could be another special moment, how this is everything football could be made for and I cannot say I was expecting anything like that t

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Luck or not I think it was a great game. Found out after the game, that my wife (who is not a boro supporter) put a couple of quid on boro winning. So I was really chuffed haha

Brilliant 😂😂😂 Good on her 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Delighted that we absolutely battered Man U on Friday. We were superior in every way and I can’t believe that some on here think that we were lucky 🍀 

Shame on you all

@Downsouth I’m trying to force the debate to beat the Brighton thread 😜

Connolly let the side down a bit, didn't he?  Bottling taking a penalty like that.  It's a poor show 👎

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Connolly let the side down a bit, didn't he?  Bottling taking a penalty like that.  It's a poor show 👎

If he felt his nerves would get the better of him in a shootout and there were still willing volunteers ahead of him then I applaud his decision not denigrate it. I feel that poor lad at Utd was put in a position where because he was a forward he was expected to take a penalty sooner rather than later.

talent and skill however great will always be undone by nerves and doubt, it takes wisdom to recognise this, it takes strength to live with this. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Naisby said:

If he felt his nerves would get the better of him in a shootout and there were still willing volunteers ahead of him then I applaud his decision not denigrate it. I feel that poor lad at Utd was put in a position where because he was a forward he was expected to take a penalty sooner rather than later.

talent and skill however great will always be undone by nerves and doubt, it takes wisdom to recognise this, it takes strength to live with this. 

You make a good point here, well articulated, and with plenty of merit.  I suppose my response would be

Happy Season 1 GIF by Rick and Morty

Bok bok chicken 🐔

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Leesider said:

Im just glad Dijksteel didnt have to take one.He seemed to be a bag of nerves all game. Im a big fan of his but i think the big occasion got to him.

To be fair he looks nervous every time I've watched him this season, even when he ends up have a good game. The Blackburn game springs to mind when he misplaced a few passes early but then had a fairly comfortable game.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

In case you don’t have the intelligence to notice…… he didn’t have to take a penalty…. We won anyway 🤷‍♂️ Without missing any 

What game were you watching?

21 hours ago, Old Codger said:

think that of all the images from last night, this is my favourite. Rest of team go crackers and Sol puts his best "hint of a smile" expression on...    pure class 🙂

image.png.8139ebd67e014ec4bd1437738f4ce450.png

I love his wink to the ref as he is about to take his peno. He was so chill throughout the shootout, a Boro legend for me now already. What a guy 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Blanco said:

In case you don’t have the intelligence to notice…… he didn’t have to take a penalty…. We won anyway 🤷‍♂️ Without missing any 

I think CT was being ironic, I wouldn’t give it the big one about intelligence. 

9 minutes ago, Blanco said:

The one where Connolly bottled taking a penalty 🙌

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Would you rather he stepped up whilst clearly lacking in confidence and missed?

Takes just as big a fella to say he's not up to it as it does to want to take one.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

He didn’t have to take a penalty…. What are you missing here ? Don’t say you didn’t take your anti xenophobic medication again 🙄

1 minute ago, Aphex_Boro said:

Would you rather he stepped up whilst clearly lacking in confidence and missed?

Takes just as big a fella to say he's not up to it as it does to want to take one.

I'd rather we had strikers who weren't scared of shooting at the goal 😨 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1