oneBoro Forum

Manchester United vs Middlesbrough (FA Cup 4th Round) 1-1 aet (Crooks) 7-8 penalties

Paul Ince called himself the Guvnor and then refused to take a penalty for England, takes balls to say I'll go last as I'm cack at this rather than bow to pressure and put it high n wide.  Not saying Connolly would have missed 100% but I trust his judgement on this.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watching Mark Goldbridge melt down over the game was pretty funny.

Watched the game with my girlfriend's brother .... We had 12 different aged rum bottles and hey ho hey ho here we go ...   Danish TV showed the game and it was fantastic!   I said early, tha

Still can't sleep. I said my bit before the game about how this could be another special moment, how this is everything football could be made for and I cannot say I was expecting anything like that t

Posted Images

Regardless of Connolly debate, it must have been a bit daunting for Man U to see our defenders banging their kicks in as though it was something they did for fun  and in some cases smiling all the way there and back

• Like 6
37 minutes ago, Borodane said:

It's a ridiculous discussion. 

Spot on BD.

My opinion although nobody is bothered, is all the penalty's on the night apart from the last one 😄  were superbly taken and although there were a few finger tip touch's I think the players showed just how penalty's should be taken pin point accuracy/speed  all made for a good ending to a game from an old Boro handbook.

UTB.

• Like 1

Connolly doesn't strike me as the type of person that puts the team before himself. He didn't want any additional heat on him, i'd say that's pretty obvious and i can understand his decision from that perspective. I wouldn't have been happy had we gone out if one of our centre halves had missed though.

• Like 1

My football abilities, knowledge and experience are currently limited to Sunday league 5/7 a side football and FIFA and Championship Manager 01/02 (so you will all agree im as good an expert as any) but my issue with Spence was his over-reliance on using his right and very rarely did he go onto his left with us that almost made it predictable with what he was going to do with us. That said I always thought he showed enough ability to bounce back from last season. Mind you I didn't expect him to do anywhere near as well as he has this season. I do think it'll be best if we probably sell on this summer mind and think it will benefit both us (funding a lot of our incomings if not promoted) and Spence playing somewhere he wants to be next season.

12 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

My football abilities, knowledge and experience are currently limited to Sunday league 5/7 a side football and FIFA and Championship Manager 01/02 (so you will all agree im as good an expert as any) but my issue with Spence was his over-reliance on using his right and very rarely did he go onto his left with us that almost made it predictable with what he was going to do with us. That said I always thought he showed enough ability to bounce back from last season. Mind you I didn't expect him to do anywhere near as well as he has this season. I do think it'll be best if we probably sell on this summer mind and think it will benefit both us (funding a lot of our incomings if not promoted) and Spence playing somewhere he wants to be next season.

I feel I should have slotted this reply in another thread however this adds to the post count in chasing the number 1 spot for posts. 

3 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Sounds like a very unusual player. Most strikers would jump at the chance to add to their goal tallies.

No-one's branded Connolly a coward, as far as I can read. But his behaviour is raising some questions.

Also like the moment he froze on the 6-yard line like a deer in the headlights, instead of at least trying to get on the end of Watmore's cross for an easy tap-in.

He didn't freeze. If you watch it back he would've been offside if he'd gone any further, he was trying to stay on

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, notjade said:
3 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Sounds like a very unusual player. Most strikers would jump at the chance to add to their goal tallies.

No-one's branded Connolly a coward, as far as I can read. But his behaviour is raising some questions.

Also like the moment he froze on the 6-yard line like a deer in the headlights, instead of at least trying to get on the end of Watmore's cross for an easy tap-in.

He didn't freeze. If you watch it back he would've been offside if he'd gone any further, he was trying to stay on

Yep, if you watch the whole move he actually makes a run a second or two before that and puts him offside, so he's actually still trying to get back into an onside position when the ball comes in and it makes it difficult for him to change his momentum to get on the end of it.

2 hours ago, Humpty said:

Connolly doesn't strike me as the type of person that puts the team before himself. He didn't want any additional heat on him, i'd say that's pretty obvious and i can understand his decision from that perspective. I wouldn't have been happy had we gone out if one of our centre halves had missed though.

Aaron Connolly the ultimate team man.  Didn't he unfollow Brighton on social media after he got dropped? 🙂

I think it's just easier to say that he didn't fancy taking a penalty, he doesn't generally take them, so he didn't take one.  There's no more to it than that 🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Aaron Connolly the ultimate team man.  Didn't he unfollow Brighton on social media after he got dropped? 🙂

I think it's just easier to say that he didn't fancy taking a penalty, he doesn't generally take them, so he didn't take one.  There's no more to it than that 🤷‍♂️

It has been known for me to unfollow my wife when we have had a disagreement. 😅

• Haha 4
26 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

DId you read my post wrong?