oneBoro Forum

Manchester United vs Middlesbrough (FA Cup 4th Round) 1-1 aet (Crooks) 7-8 penalties

4 minutes ago, Borodane said:

It is a huge match though. It’s away to one of the biggest clubs in the world. Huge crowd and a large following. Regardless of how many times we’ve played them historically it’s still a huge game. 

Nahhhh, QPR on Wednesday is a huge match.

This is just a 4th round FA Cup match, and a welcome cash boost.

Would happily get tonked 10-0 tomorrow if I could guarantee us a point against QPR in exchange.

Make it 20-0 if it could guarantee we beat Derby.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watching Mark Goldbridge melt down over the game was pretty funny.

Watched the game with my girlfriend's brother .... We had 12 different aged rum bottles and hey ho hey ho here we go ...   Danish TV showed the game and it was fantastic!   I said early, tha

Still can't sleep. I said my bit before the game about how this could be another special moment, how this is everything football could be made for and I cannot say I was expecting anything like that t

Posted Images

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

This is just a 4th round FA Cup match.

Would happily get tonked 10-0 tomorrow if I could guarantee us a point against QPR in exchange.

I’d rather go for a win tomorrow and think about how we win against QPR afterwards. Both games are huge but the circumstances are different. 

• Like 5
35 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

This is just a 4th round FA Cup match, and a welcome cash boost.

9500 fans hope we give it a real go tomorrow…..

If I think about truly memorable nights as a Boro fan, over the past 12-13 years, they have been too few and far between barring a couple of years of Karanka.

Sat in the stands with 9,500 Boro fans, singing about Wilder loving Paddy McNair, if we come away with a victory? One of the biggest occasions we've had in years. I'd take that result and that experience with me forever. I still can't get over the last cup game we beat them there and I wasn't even there. Leadbitter smashed in, BOOM. Gibson nearly bust the net. Mejias with a couple of massive saves, saves from Young and the away end goes mental.

I'd love to beat QPR and Derby again but the chances of those days being anywhere near as special feels pretty low right now. And Football is all about special moments. The league can have them, sure. But there's not many bigger moments than turning up and beating one of the biggest clubs in the world on their own turf, especially when knocking them out of a competition.

So I hope we go strong and I hope we put everything into this game and create another special memory. If we don't come away with the result, give us something to shout about. No point turning up without fire in the belly, without a strong desire to get back into that draw for the 5th Round.

• Like 4

9,500 fans is a decent turn out, I’ve spent many a cold wet night with crowds much less.

Each match is special imo, Im not bothered if it’s Mansfield or Man Utd we are playing 3 points or on to the next round of the cup/playoffs. I get how some fans like the big occasions but  too much is made of being in the premier league and playing those teams, I’ve sat through many a duff match in the premier league regardless of who we were playing or the size of the crowd.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Two of my best mates are huge United fans so was really looking to watching this one with a few beers. 

But I finally caught the plague 😷 ITV Player on my own it is... 

Ha.  Join the club.  Day 2 of isolation here.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Manchester United vs Middlesbrough (FA Cup 4th Round) 1-1 aet (Crooks) 7-8 penalties